Free Cruise leaves Monday, would you go?

asalligo

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

I have been offered a free cruise leaving Monday. At first I jumped at the thought, but now I am apprehensive. I know I am asking cruise lovers, but would you go? I cannot decide. 

I would go. I couldn't because of work, but that would be the thing stopping me.

• Like 1

Yes.  I fully expect the virus to be nationwide within a very short time, as has been the case with most strains of the flu.

I figure I have as much chance of exposure in the grovery store or the library as I do on a cruise.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Like 8

Just now, asalligo said:

Exposure does not worry me as much as possible quarantine, I am healthy and under 50. Would be a real pain in the butt should we all get quarantined on the ship for 14 days though. 

I agree - don't want to be quarantined on a ship.  After the failed Princess experience I 'm not terribly worried that will happen again.

• Like 1

Leaving on Sunday for one I paid quite a bit of money for. Hope its not a regrettable decision! Not nearly as concerned about the virus (hopefully I am not delusional concerning that risk) as I am about a possible quarantine and the effect that would have on our jobs and finances.

12 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

If you can't or won't go, I'll take it, lol

They are clearly trying to fill the ship, an interior room for this cruise right now is $44. Cheapest cruise I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

for some time now, I have not been able to travel due to family needs at home, so this ongoing situation with illness, has given me reason to say to myself, now is not the time to travel, so I have another reason to not travel.  maybe doesnt make sense to some, but for me, it works right now for me.  But for other people who want to travel and are fearful, I say "this too shall pass".  may take some time, but it will.

We have a free cruise coming up on March 21, which includes many freebies, including OBC and full drink package, and have decided to cancel it.  Just not worth it if the ship isn't allowed to dock anywhere, we get sick or there is a quarantine. While I realize none of these are likely to happen, I am sure those cruisers on the two Princess ships didn't think it would happen to them either.

There will be many more cruises in my future, but now just doesn't feel right.  We just returned on Monday from the three-night cruise on the Mariner out of Port Canaveral and had a great time.  But we knew going in this may be our last cruise for a while.  We came home to Tampa to learn of several cases of coronavirus here.  So while you can get sick anywhere, I would rather it not be on a cruise ship, and if I need to be quarantined, I would rather it be in my house than a tiny cruise cabin.

• Like 2

Maybe a good time to go,. Anyyone cruiser with living brain cells would take every precaution needed in the climate we now are experiencing. I would imagine that all on board would be keen on taking the necessary safety measures (hand washing, washy-washy before eating, etc.), on any cruise they will be taking.

Like others have said, be careful, not fearful.

My cruise leaves Monday, I'll be on the ship unless they cancel. I agree I would also love a free cruise lol. I'll try not to go on too much because I don't have much to add to the convo, but as everyone said above just take the normal safety precautions. I think everything will be fine.

• Like 1