Are the sweet sixteen cabins unobstructed

gordylad

They are excellent cabins due to the extended balconies. We have chosen them every time on Celebrity.

The first three on each side have some pillars that obstruct a little but also offer a little more privacy.

The first one on each side has a harder, colder feel because one side is a steel wall instead of a plastic divider.

The aft-most ones (6030, 6035) are often the first ones taken because they offer good views down the entire side of the ship.

Thanks can anyone recommend one which has bed by the balcony ? Looking at the cabins and how they stick out it might be a crazy question but is there privacy when sunbathing or are you being looked down from the bridge?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

Thanks can anyone recommend one which has bed by the balcony ? Looking at the cabins and how they stick out it might be a crazy question but is there privacy when sunbathing or are you being looked down from the bridge?

On Millennium-Class ships, bed position does not alternate from stateroom to stateroom--by the bath versus by the balcony--as it does on Solstice-Class ships and on Edge-Class ships...  Cabins on Millennium-Class ships are configured differently than they are on Celebrity's more recent ships [for instance, the generous closets are located opposite the bath in an entry alcove], but the beds are always located closer to the bath than they are to the balcony...  There are hundreds of cabin photos on-line--including at the Celebrity website, on another current thread here on Cruise Critic, via web search--that will provide you with opportunity to see a common layout for standard veranda cabins on Millennium-Class ships but be careful...  On Millennium-Class,, Concierge Class and AquaClass cabins are wider than are standard veranda cabins--not true on Solstice or Edge-Class--so as to provide more interior space [some have estimated the difference as ~ twenty square feet] with an interior configuration that is the same as is provided in standard veranda staterooms...

I can't comment as to whether or not those on the Bridge will be able to observe you sunbathing on an extended Sweet Sixteen veranda [honestly, not sure it matters as there are hundreds of security cameras on all ships]--I've visited several that friends have occupied one but have never booked one myself--but, if you look at the related thread attached above--you will note in a photo that those verandas are only partially covered [nearest the balcony door] and are uncovered [nearest the rail] so that those in the staterooms above can indeed look down and see at least part of the Sweet Sixteen verandas...

The Sweet Sixteen cabins provide a great opportunity at a favorable price--relative to other standard veranda cabins--for those who expect to enjoy/maximize use of their extended balconies..  That said the aft-facing Concierge Class [C-1] cabins on the  Millennium-Class ships--particularly those on Decks 7 and 8--feature both more interior space and huge balconies but are often some of the priciest non-suite real estate on those ships and are among the earliest to be booked...

Edited by Xport

Actually, if you look closely at the pic in post #15 of the referenced thread, you will see that the first three cabins are totally covered, although the 'cover' is two decks above.  And those on the bridge wing would not be able to see those balconies.  

Yes, the forward steel walls make 6016 and 6021 feel colder than the rest.

None of them offer total privacy from deck 7.

As a general rule, the forward ones offer more privacy while the aft ones have better views.

I've been in 6021, 6027 and 6030. I have positive opinions on all of them.

I have another reservation for 6030 next year, so that's not just my recommendation--I've got money on it!

None of them offer true privacy. The first three have *more* privacy, but not enough more to outweigh the great views along the side of the ship you get from 6030 and 6035. 

I view 6030 and 6035 as equivalent. The reason I chose 6030 is because the starboard side of the ship will be shady on our one and only sea day. Port side balconies will likely be bright and hot as the ship travels northwest back to Puerto Rico. I like a shady balcony.

9 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

What are the sweet 16 on the S class ships?

The “Sweet Sixteen” cabins are on the four Millennium-Class ships (Constellation, Infinity, Millennium and Summit) only...

Nothing comparable on Solstice-Class or Edge-Class...