Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced

idahospud

Princess is temporarily changing their cancellation policy. The link is here: https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html and details are below.

To assist guests' decisions regarding their upcoming cruise vacations during the evolving worldwide COVID-19 situation, Princess Cruises is temporarily making some changes to our cancellation policy for cruises departing up to May 31, 2020.

Revised Final Payment Timing

Additionally, we are amending Final Payment on cruises sailing June 1 through June 30, 2020.

What's New?

The details vary by departure date. The following applies to new and existing bookings on cruises and cruisetours in all markets globally.

Date of Departure* Benefit
April 3, 2020 or earlier Cancel up to 72hrs before sailing to receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
April 4, 2020 - May 31, 2020 Cancel by Mar 31 and receive FCC for 100% of cancellation fees
June 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020 Final Payment moves to 60 days prior to sailing

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier. Excludes charter cruises.

Guests who choose to keep their booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 9 and May 31 will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

• $100 USD / $150 AUD per stateroom for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150 USD / $225 AUD per stateroom for 5 day cruises
  • $200 USD / $300 AUD per stateroom for 6 day and longer cruises

For our guests booked on Crown Princess Mediterranean itineraries, we are finalizing some itinerary changes and a special offer that we will be sharing early next week.

The Fine Print

Future Cruise Credits (FCC) are non-refundable and may be applied to any new or existing booking not yet paid in full on a Princess Cruise departing on or before December 31, 2021.

The FCC does not have to be used on the same product that was cancelled and is non-transferable.

To ensure we cover guests who already made final payment, the revised final payment date means no cancellation fees will be assessed until 60 days prior to sailing.

Timing

FCCs will automatically be applied to each guest’s Captain Circle account after they have cancelled. FCCs will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed.

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 10

I just got this, too! This is why I love Princess! I'm booked on Royal next week and still plan on going but, if things get nasty over the next few days it's great to know that I now have an option....

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Oh great!!!  Now I have even more non-refundable OBC with which I am clueless as to how to spend.

You can use it to pay for visits to the ship's Doctors.

• Like 16
  • Haha 11

Am I reading this correctly? We're due to sail on Emerald to Alaska from Vancouver - returning to seattle - for seven nights on May 17th.

Does this mean we'll automatically get $200 OBC without having to do anything?

I don't care about it being non-refundable. A couple excursions/specialty dinners/souvinirs will take care of that $200 is not hard to spend, especially in Alaska!!

Edited by Guindalf
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, dog said:

Am I reading this right? March 7/2020 Island Princess 10 day Panama cruise are being offered NOTHING, to change, cancel or continue on with cruise?

Since it is less than 72 hours from embarkation, that what it appears to say.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, caribill said:

Since it is less than 72 hours from embarkation, that what it appears to say.

Yep. Here and ready to board Sat . Will make the best of it 

just received this email offering this with my booking number, but offer says  cruises from March 9 th 

Edited by dog

39 minutes ago, dog said:

Am I reading this right? March 7/2020 Island Princess 10 day Panama cruise are being offered NOTHING, to change, cancel or continue on with cruise?

It says anything prior to April. I would think that includes you.

5 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

It says anything prior to April. I would think that includes you.

Says 72 hour notice. My TA will look into it 

makes me wonder what future cruises there will be to book?

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

Great news.  Does anyone know how to cancel online, or in some way that doesn’t include waiting on the phone for three days?

Edited by lahore
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tring said:

I agree, they must be pretty worried to offer this, even though it is welcomed.

I was surprised to receive the offer but doubt it will apply to March 7 th. Either way I will deal with whatever happens. 

I got the email an hour ago.  We have no plans to cancel, so I'm happy to get more OBC.  I can always find something to spend it on.  Maybe an excursion that I wasn't going to do before or splurge on something in the shops.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lahore said:

Great news.  Does anyone know how to cancel online, or in some way that doesn’t include waiting on the phone for three days?

Go to advisory on their website to see if there is a link

Edited by dog

40 minutes ago, dog said:

Go to advisory on their website to see if there is a link

Of course I did that, and also checked the email they just sent me.  No advice about how to actually cancel, which is a bit of an oversight.  

Anyway, I answered my own question.  Spoke to someone at Princess on ‘chat’ - the answer is that you have to phone up as ‘chat’ is not encrypted.  Bummer.  But better than nothing.

• Thanks 1

Just woke up, and saw this in my email, as I sail on the Sky on March 20th. Way to go Ian on providing this option and better yet, up to 72 hrs prior to cancel. I have intentions on still sailing, but I'll be honest when j got this email, I had the initial thought of "oh no they cancelled my cruise". It's funny I haven't feared this virus thing at all, but this email does add a little questioning in the back of my head of, "hmmm it's great that the offering that free cancellation and being able to apply towards a future Cruise and wondering with what's been going on and how it is growing is it a good idea to be in close quarters considering it only takes one person to make the stupid thing spread." Hmmm 🤔

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, lahore said:

Of course I did that, and also checked the email they just sent me.  No advice about how to actually cancel, which is a bit of an oversight.  

Anyway, I answered my own question.  Spoke to someone at Princess on ‘chat’ - the answer is that you have to phone up as ‘chat’ is not encrypted.  Bummer.  But better than nothing.

Under News on Princess website it gives link to this temporary cancellation policy and clearly says to call Princess for more information regarding this. Say yes, you now have your answer. Sorry I could not help 

• Like 1