Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced

idahospud

Has anyone got their FCC yet from cancelling? When did you cancel and when did the FCC post? I'm 67 days from my cruise and they won't refare me, it'd be cheaper to cancel and rebook if we commit to this, but I'd want to use the FCC on the rebook.

Would this be frowned upon?

Edited by Prolificc

18 minutes ago, Prolificc said:

Has anyone got their FCC yet from cancelling? When did you cancel and when did the FCC post? I'm 67 days from my cruise and they won't refare me, it'd be cheaper to cancel and rebook if we commit to this, but I'd want to use the FCC on the rebook.

I believe they said to allow 10 days.

17 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Common sense.  Choose wisely.  Why do I routinely see health compromised passengers on cruises ( many years running) if informed decisions have been made?

Umm I am  immune compromised you would never know it by looking at me!  We are still alive moving ,speaking and such ! We like to vacation also!  We worked most of lives to enjoy vacations.  You stay home you may fall on an Excursion!

Edited by Reader0108598

1 minute ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

It's not a matter of what you look like, it's a matter of whether you choose to put yourself in an environment that is potentially more of a risk based on whatever condition one has.  This is what I call having common sense.

Well then common sense says you should not be traveling right now  either period!

Edited by Reader0108598

1 minute ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

It's not a matter of what you look like, it's a matter of whether you choose to put yourself in an environment that is potentially more of a risk based on whatever condition one has.  This is what I call having common sense.

I'm not even sure a cruise would be enjoyable at the moment with all this going on.

• Like 1

I am not travelling.  We cancelled our March cruise on the Grand a while back, since this situation is a concern right now.  We still have several bookings later this year.  We have no health concerns, but still prefer not to get sick.  We will make common sense decisions based on developments over the next few weeks/months.  If we had health issues that apparently you do, we might cancel sooner, or decide differently.  Your situation is different, and also requires a common sense decision.  

18 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Common sense.  Choose wisely.  Why do I routinely see health compromised passengers on cruises ( many years running) if informed decisions have been made?

Amy I apologize for my post up above it was lashing out like a child, I know better! I hope you are well and happy safe  travels!

Edited by Reader0108598

Sorry if I missed when I read through this thread but I have a couple of questions.  We cancelled and will have the $$ put into our account as a FCC.  The cruise we are looking at rebooking will be about $400 less than the credit we will receive.  Can those extra $$ be used to purchase the insurance through Princess and with any funds left over after that (maybe only $50-$75) be applied as a OBC for our rebooked cruise or is it just lost?  Thanks.  

1 minute ago, stive1 said:

Sorry if I missed when I read through this thread but I have a couple of questions.  We cancelled and will have the $$ put into our account as a FCC.  The cruise we are looking at rebooking will be about $400 less than the credit we will receive.  Can those extra $$ be used to purchase the insurance through Princess and with any funds left over after that (maybe only $50-$75) be applied as a OBC for our rebooked cruise or is it just lost?  Thanks.  

You can't do what you want to do, but it won't be list either. It will stay in your account and you can use it for another cruise in the future (before the expiration date). I would suggest getting a mover cabin with those $400...

On 3/7/2020 at 9:36 AM, deltaqueenie said:

While this policy is a step in the right direction. IMO it doesn’t seem “generous” especially after reviewing RCL and NCL...

0CEDA4E6-FFA6-46F8-8411-4BD6666C07FA.jpeg

F6045168-F020-457C-8DB7-E290EBC65B5F.jpeg

These offers are different.

Royal's policy applies to any existing or new bookings.

NCL's policy is only for new bookings made after March 10.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prolificc said:

Would this be frowned upon?

As I remember it, the conditions attached said the FCC could not be used to book the same voyage.

37 minutes ago, Prolificc said:

I didn't come across that, I would love to see this if you have a link or screenshot!

I do not remember where I saw that. It may have been in a post that had the entire policy spelled out. I do not see it on the Princess web site.

37 minutes ago, JerseyShore said:

I am confused.   We are booked on the April 14th Cruise.   We just cancelled and of course we paid in full. The cancellation fees are going to future cruise credits but what happens to the rest of the payment we made?

Per Princess web site

Is anything refunded or is it all given in an FCC?
The future cruise credit only covers cancellation fees due. Anything else, where applicable, is refunded. This includes cruise fare not under cancellation fee and Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

Not listed, but as normal policy, is that anything you paid for in advance such as shore excursions, specialty restaurants, purchased OBC, etc. would also be refunded.

1 hour ago, ClwtrBoi said:

You can't do what you want to do, but it won't be list either. It will stay in your account and you can use it for another cruise in the future (before the expiration date). I would suggest getting a mover cabin with those $400...

So just to confirm if I add PVP to my cruise at the time of booking I won’t be able to use a FCC to the pay the total for my trip.  Thanks.

23 hours ago, ClwtrBoi said:

I wonder what impact today's State Department advisement to certain groups against cruising will have on this.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html 

Since my husband is in the demographic warned not to cruise due to higher morbidity risk, instead of having to use future cruise credits I feel we should be able to get our money back or at least transfer it to another name so someone can buy it from us or we can give to other family members or friends who may want to use it, similar to how an airline lets you change names with a fee

46 minutes ago, stive1 said:

So just to confirm if I add PVP to my cruise at the time of booking I won’t be able to use a FCC to the pay the total for my trip.  Thanks.

I'm not sure the PVP could be paid for with the FCC you'd have to ask Princess which is pretty hard right now, but the rest can be paid used the FCC. Any left over won't convert to OBC though. 

46 minutes ago, stive1 said:

I'm not sure the PVP could be paid for with the FCC you'd have to ask Princess which is pretty hard right now, but the rest can be paid used the FCC. Any left over won't convert to OBC though. 

For the future cruise credit, does it go back to the person who paid, or to each passenger? My booking is myself and 3 kids (one of whom is not mine) and I paid everything. It would be worthless to me if the kids (especially the one who isn't mine) got the FCC?

29 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

For the future cruise credit, does it go back to the person who paid, or to each passenger? My booking is myself and 3 kids (one of whom is not mine) and I paid everything. It would be worthless to me if the kids (especially the one who isn't mine) got the FCC?

unfortunately this is what the website says:

Future Cruise Credits (FCC) are non-refundable and non-transferrable. They may be applied to any new or existing booking not yet paid in full on a Princess cruise or cruisetour departing on or before December 31, 2021. The FCC does not have to be used on the same itinerary that was cancelled.

Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest’s Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. FCCs will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed; no need to call to Princess before this time.

Under the terms of contract, I believe that if Princess cancels a cruise, the money paid is fully refunded.  If one cancels under the new policy, you get an FCC for the amount paid.  Not clear that cancelling before the last minute allowed under the new policy is the right move.  Thoughts??