Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced

idahospud

9 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Have you been living under a rock? Princess is actually late to the game in this regard. Most US airlines have already waived cancellation penalties for flights booked within a certain time frame for example.

You are right. Some other cruise lines have also made exceptions (RCCL, Viking, etc..) earlier.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, CATGUY7 said:

Purchase Future Cruise Credits.  At least that will be refunded if they aren’t used in two years. 

Can you do that now? Last time I tried (years ago) it had to be put directly on my credit card and not charged to my Princess on board account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

Can any one clarify the sentence:

"The FCC does not have to be used on the same product that was cancelled and is non-transferable."

Does this mean the credit can be used on any carnival corporation cruise...eg. HAL, ....or must it be used on a Princess cruise?

I think it means you don't have to book the same ship or same area of the world. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

14 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It is strange that they didn't include ALL sailings in that offer.

I don't see the logic in it. 

Does anyone have an explanation? 

I'm guessing a late money grab for the upcoming weekend cruises to limit damages from cancellations. 

• Like 2

Woke up this morning to the cancellation email, but it’s for the 3rd of four back to back cruises we have coming up. The first one leaves March 10 out of Melbourne, but I didn’t get an email for that one. We’re supposed to fly out this afternoon. I’d hate to miss this trip, but we’ve been concerned about 60 days on a ship right now. The final 29 are a Transpacific and two of the ports are already closed to ships. Talk about needing to make a last minute decision. 

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Princess is the best. I think all other companies out there should look into what Princess is doing. This is what democracy should look like - giving options to people. Even though I dont believe that there will a problem concerning the cruise I still appritiate that the company does care about me as a human being and not about my money as a customer. I wonder what other options were made (if any) by other companies. I also wonder how agencies  manage to deal with such offers. Are they affected in any way? Do they also get a refund?

Princess is late to the party. Other cruise lines as well as airlines have done this already.  Ironically Princess had two ships with quarantine issues  and deaths related to the Corona virus. They should have been pro active and the first to offer this temporary policy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

You are right. Some other cruise lines have also made exceptions (RCCL, Viking, etc..) earlier.

Royal Caribbean hasn’t offered a cancellation policy like this Princess one, but I hope they will soon. We have a Royal Caribbean Transatlantic cruise departing May 2, and we are also considering our options. 

Edited by NancyIL

4 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Royal Caribbean hasn’t offered a cancellation policy like this Princess one, but I hope they will soon. We have a Transatlantic cruise departing May 2, and we are also considering our options. 

They earlier changed their final payment date. They may have helped several people because they made that announcement earlier.

I am in a weird situation. My cruise is 26 days. If I had booked it as a B2B I would be in 50% penalty but because it is booked as 1 cruise I am in 75% penalty and I am disembarking in France which isn't the best place to go (others are disembarking in London). So I am not overly thrilled with this offer but I am happy for those who booked 3rd party insurance and didn't have the option to cancel and get a future cruise credit.

My cruise leaves April 19th (air April 18th).

Edited by Coral

2 hours ago, dog said:

March 7 th Island Princess not included here. And Jamaica & Grand Cayman are two of our ports. They have turned away other cruise ships recently. 

Call Princess for any cruises departing this weekend - per their response on their Facebook post announcing this revised cancellation schedule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We purchased the Platinum level (actually upgraded from standard since we are Ruby level).  So, now everyone gets the benefit we PAID for?  I do not begrudge the passengers, but I think Princess should refund what we PAID for the Platinum level coverage.

• Like 3

Just now, LDVinNC said:

We purchased the Platinum level (actually upgraded from standard since we are Ruby level).  So, now everyone gets the benefit we PAID for?  I do not begrudge the passengers, but I think Princess should refund what we PAID for the Platinum level coverage.

Good luck with that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LDVinNC said:

I agree.

I am happy that everyone has options as many did buy insurance, just not Princess insurance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

Of course you are correct.  Friday brain here.  

No harm!!  I actually woke up around 2 AM and couldn't go back to sleep so, decided to pull out my iPad ... lo and behold, found the cancellation / obc notification from Princess for our cruise next month.  Also, checked on my airfare ... it went down about $200 ... so, now I am awake!!!  Nothing like getting $200 obc and saving $200 on my airfare to pop me right out of bed!  hahaha!!  

Happy Friday!!  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

This is great news.  We have a cruise that falls within the parameters described so I'm hoping enough people cancel that I can upgrade.  I'll be watching for vacancies.

Thank you, Princess.

I was thinking the same selfish thing. Maybe even when we board, with the short window for cancellations. Plus less crowded onboard? 

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

No harm!!  I actually woke up around 2 AM and couldn't go back to sleep so, decided to pull out my iPad ... lo and behold, found the cancellation / obc notification from Princess for our cruise next month.  Also, checked on my airfare ... it went down about $200 ... so, now I am awake!!!  Nothing like getting $200 obc and saving $200 on my airfare to pop me right out of bed!  hahaha!!  

Happy Friday!!  

You can use that money to pay for part of your doctor's care when you return home.

Have a good cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't believe seeing people still complaining even after getting this very good offer from Princess.  It only took about 2 hours ... I would predicted it would have taken at least a day.  You can always still go and get some onboard credit to boot!  And, the vacation protection offers a lot more than just cancellation.    

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Musky Ike said:

I was thinking the same selfish thing. Maybe even when we board, with the short window for cancellations. Plus less crowded onboard? 

Right ! 

No waiting for a table at the restaurant door for seating. 😁

The show lounge will also be less crowded. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Musky Ike said:

Me, too ... even if it is an upsell offer.  I am not seeing the pricing on my booked cruises going down at all....and there looks to be a lot of availability (although, one really can't tell how many guaranteed cabin bookings are in the works).  I think they are not so concerned about filling the ships to capacity at this point in time.  Just more passengers and compensation to deal with if something goes awry.