New travel policy coming soon from Royal

3 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Read the cruise contract.....i) Passenger shall have a right to a full refund of the Cruise Fare if the Cruise is canceled in full, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early;

Thank you for giving info from cruise contract.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:34 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

1. you can hold onto it as long as the deadlines for use are adhered to.

2. Yes you can change the date but the original terms of the FCC apply  

When you book your new cruise you choose refundable or non refundable.  The FCC has nothing to do with that.

And you have to pay a new deposit that’s what I don’t like. 

7 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Thank you for giving info from cruise contract.

Your welcome. I’ve never read a cruise contract until yesterday, I’ve also now printed it in the event the line does cancel my cruise and the decide to change the contract wording.

I put nothing past corporate America and since they are going to lose so much money I don’t trust them

12 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

And you have to pay a new deposit that’s what I don’t like. 

you only have to pay the deposit to create the reservation.  If there is enough value in the FCC tp cover the deposit then once the FCC is applied the deposit will be refunded.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

you only have to pay the deposit to create the reservation.  If there is enough value in the FCC tp cover the deposit then once the FCC is applied the deposit will be refunded.

Well that real good to know...thank you!

10 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Your welcome. I’ve never read a cruise contract until yesterday, I’ve also now printed it in the event the line does cancel my cruise and the decide to change the contract wording.

I put nothing past corporate America and since they are going to lose so much money I don’t trust them

I agree. 

22 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Read the cruise contract.....i) Passenger shall have a right to a full refund of the Cruise Fare if the Cruise is canceled in full, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early;

I have read the cruise contract.  You can cherry pick one line, but if the cruise line declares bankruptcy and then cancels all cruises, good luck getting a refund.

Oh, by the way, that same cruise contract details out how we are not entitled to refunds and FCC.  

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have read the cruise contract.  You can cherry pick one line, but if the cruise line declares bankruptcy and then cancels all cruises, good luck getting a refund.

Oh, by the way, that same cruise contract details out how we are not entitled to refunds and FCC.  

I just read more and I see that if they are forced to cancel because the government orders it we are not entitled  to a refund. Ugh. I did just look for if the line cancels .

I stand corrected, thanks

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I actually thought it said you would o get a FCC , are you sure ? I’m not doubting you but can you show me where it says that ?

9 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

I actually thought it said you would o get a FCC , are you sure ? I’m not doubting you but can you show me where it says that ?

) I'm within Final Payment and I know exactly when I want to cruise again. Can I just change my ship and sail date and not get the Future Cruise Certificate?

• We're happy to hear you've already planned your future cruise with us! Unfortunately, we won't be able to change your ship and sail date within the Final Payment period. What we can do is create a new booking and collect deposit so it's ready to go when your Future Cruise Certificate becomes available to use. Don't worry - if the credit covers the deposit, it ends up going back to you. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor.
  • Like 1

Somone posted this on another thread.

Posted in I successfully canceled my May cruise - here is advice for all

I was told by RCCL Rep that as of 2 PM Tuesday they are only offering FCC no matter what penalty phase.  Taxes and fees refunded, that's all.  No big deal for us as we will be cruising before Dec 2021, but it may not be so good for everyone.

Anyone heard anything about this. 

I called at 1:14 and was on the phone for 43 minutes. I was told I would get half as a refund and half as FCC. I confirmed the numbers with her but I have nothing in writing. I did n ou t receive the confirmation email I was promised. I hope they honor my refund.

Edited by MoniMommy

Cannot find if this was answered anywhere,,, but... does anyone have any idea what happens if just 1 of the people in a double occupancy cabin cancels?  I'm guessing that person gets a FCC, but I'm wondering what Royal will do about the other passenger that now is going to be solo... Will they reprice cabin and make the "solo" passenger pay more?

7 minutes ago, discru said:

Cannot find if this was answered anywhere,,, but... does anyone have any idea what happens if just 1 of the people in a double occupancy cabin cancels?  I'm guessing that person gets a FCC, but I'm wondering what Royal will do about the other passenger that now is going to be solo... Will they reprice cabin and make the "solo" passenger pay more?

Latest I heard there would be no $ change or FCC issued; basically handled like a no show (only port charges/taxes refunded).

Of course, TAs could have received an updated policy regarding this.  🙄

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Newly updated

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their existing cruise and now wishes to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence terms?

The original Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated with the prior Future Cruise Credit expiration date and amount. Your client will also receive a new Future Cruise Credit based on the amount paid and following the Cruise with Confidence policy terms.

Thanks for the update.  Really happy to hear that Royal reconsidered this and did the right thing here with prior FCC.

Edited by Maverick61

1 hour ago, discru said:

I'm guessing that person gets a FCC, but I'm wondering what Royal will do about the other passenger that now is going to be solo.

No one gets an FCC unless the whole cabin is cancelled - one person can't cancel to get an FCC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, eel said:

I have a question that I don't think has been asked or answered here yet. Nor is it covered in any FAQ that I have seen. 

I have two cruises coming up in April that I will likely need to cancel. They were booked through a big box TA. I don't expect to use the TA again for a future cruise booking on Royal. I have several cruises booked in 2021 through another TA and would like to use the FCC for them.

Is it true that the FCC will be issued to the TA that I am booked with?  If so, how can I get the FCC transferred so that I control it?

I would like to know the answer to this too.  I booked my May cruise through Costco.  I have another cruise for NEXT May 2021 booked through Royal directly.

Can I use the FCC from the Costco booked cruise for the Royal booked cruise?

On 3/10/2020 at 2:18 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

So my understanding is if my deposit is 750 and my FCC is 900, once I apply my FCC I can get the 750 back. Does that sound correct? There was a FAQ that addressed this issue and said that the deposit would be refunded if it were covered by the FCC. However, now that FAQ is gone. Does that mean they are not refunding the deposit if the FCC covers the despot amount. I can see Royal wanting to keep as much cash as possible.  

On 3/6/2020 at 10:42 AM, awestover89 said:

4) I'm within Final Payment and I know exactly when I want to cruise again. Can I just change my ship and sail date and not get the Future Cruise Certificate?

• We're happy to hear you've already planned your future cruise with us! Unfortunately, we won't be able to change your ship and sail date within the Final Payment period. What we can do is create a new booking and collect deposit so it's ready to go when your Future Cruise Certificate becomes available to use. Don't worry - if the credit covers the deposit, it ends up going back to you. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor.

I cant seem to find this language in the FAQ page. Does this mean there has been a change. I want to put down a 750 deposit. Then use my 900 FCC and get the deposit refunded. I will then pay or cancel before final payment. I will be booking this an all futrure cruses using the refundable deposit option. 

29 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

So my understanding is if my deposit is 750 and my FCC is 900, once I apply my FCC I can get the 750 back. Does that sound correct? There was a FAQ that addressed this issue and said that the deposit would be refunded if it were covered by the FCC. However, now that FAQ is gone. Does that mean they are not refunding the deposit if the FCC covers the despot amount. I can see Royal wanting to keep as much cash as possible.  

In the example you gave the answer is no.  

You deduct the FCC from the total cruise amount. If the amount of the FCC is enough to cover this and still has money left to cover the deposit then the deposit or a portion of it would be refunded. 

Original FCC. $4000

new cruise $4250

deposit on new cruise $500

amount owing on new cruise $3750

apply FCC and get $250 refunded. 

27 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

I cant seem to find this language in the FAQ page. Does this mean there has been a change. I want to put down a 750 deposit. Then use my 900 FCC and get the deposit refunded. I will then pay or cancel before final payment. I will be booking this an all futrure cruses using the refundable deposit option. 

The FCC is applied first to the amount owing and reduces that, then to the deposit 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In the example you gave the answer is no.  

You deduct the FCC from the total cruise amount. If the amount of the FCC is enough to cover this and still has money left to cover the deposit then the deposit or a portion of it would be refunded. 

Original FCC. $4000

new cruise $4250

deposit on new cruise $500

amount owing on new cruise $3750

apply FCC and get $250 refunded. 

Thank you for the explanation. I do appreciate it. 

• Like 1