New travel policy coming soon from Royal

2 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Can someone comment on 13.

13) What if I decide to cancel for the Future Cruise Credit and I already had an FCC on my reservation?

• You're in a unique situation, since you used a credit. Your original Future Cruise Certificate will be considered redeemed and used. You'll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate based on the cruise fare in penalty in your current booking. You're forfeiting your old credit, so you may want to wait to decide.We are optimistic that things will be more stable.

So if I cancel my may cruise and apply it to a cruise in sep and things have not calmed down and I need to cancel again I loose the value of my FCC. Is that correct?

If that's true it sounds like I should pay in full for Sep cruise with my Credit Card. Then closer to sailing (maybe a week before) apply the FCC. Now my booking is overpaid so I will receive a CC refund that matches the value of my FCC. This way if things aren't stable and I have to cancel, I wont loose the value of my FCC? Does that sound right? I also plan to book a refundable deposit. Hopefully by June we will know how things are going with the virus.

Of course everyone makes their own decisions but State Department issued a travel advisory against cruising and warned that US citizens quarantined in other countries should not rely on repatriation filghts.

What is written there applies to current bookings that already have a FCC attached to them.  No policies have been issued for September.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What is written there applies to current bookings that already have a FCC attached to them.  No policies have been issued for September.

Thanks. I understand that. I am just thinking ahead. If things are still bad at the end of July I anticipate this offer being extended, and similar rules will apply. So I am just thinking ahead to September and the possibility of needing to cancel a cruise that has a FCC applied.

Not trying to scare, but I am curious if this kind of advisory has ever been issued for cruises?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html?fbclid=IwAR23mRlu4-382HLuSM8i0KWQBSaZ4heDniggmxR3kBR6e2EgWiKr6B0EseM 

U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship

13 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

Not trying to scare, but I am curious if this kind of advisory has ever been issued for cruises?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html?fbclid=IwAR23mRlu4-382HLuSM8i0KWQBSaZ4heDniggmxR3kBR6e2EgWiKr6B0EseM 

U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship

Never has the CDC issued guidance instructing citizens not to cruise.  If large numbers of potential cruisers defer plans, which is to be expected given the CDC's guidance, occupancy levels on ships may fall to a point where it is no longer economical to sail with the remaining passengers willing to roll the dice, and many sailings will be cancelled.  

If sailings are cancelled, will refunds be provided?  The cruise lines must be hoping many elect to take FCC before they are in a position where they are pressured/forced to provide true refunds.  

Edited by mybuds

12 minutes ago, mybuds said:

Never has the CDC issued guidance instructing citizens not to cruise.  If large numbers of potential cruisers defer plans, which is to be expected given the CDC's guidance, occupancy levels on ships may fall to a point where it is no longer economical to sail with the remaining passengers willing to roll the dice, and many sailings will be cancelled.  

If sailings are cancelled, will refunds be provided?  The cruise lines must be hoping many elect to take FCC before they are in a position where they are pressured/forced to provide true refunds.  

The state department issued the travel warning against cruises not the CDC. The CDC is advising seniors to avoid all travel (so that would include cruises, airplanes, trains, etc).

4 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

The state department issued the travel warning against cruises not the CDC. The CDC is advising seniors to avoid all travel (so that would include cruises, airplanes, trains, etc).

Actually, the CDC and the State Department have both issued warnings advising all travelers to defer cruise ship travel.   https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/covid-19-cruise-ship  "CDC recommends travelers, particularly those with underlying health issues, defer all cruise ship travel worldwide."

5 minutes ago, mybuds said:

Actually, the CDC and the State Department have both issued warnings advising all travelers to defer cruise ship travel.   https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/covid-19-cruise-ship  "CDC recommends travelers, particularly those with underlying health issues, defer all cruise ship travel worldwide."

Thank you. It's amazing how quickly everything changes. 

1 hour ago, mybuds said:

No one knows if there will be refunds instead of FCC if the cruise line is forced to cancel cruises.  We have nothing to lose by waiting to cancel our cruise, so we will wait a few weeks.  Both of us fall into the category that they are recommending not to cruise, so a cancellation is in our future, unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

No one knows if there will be refunds instead of FCC if the cruise line is forced to cancel cruises.  We have nothing to lose by waiting to cancel our cruise, so we will wait a few weeks.  Both of us fall into the category that they are recommending not to cruise, so a cancellation is in our future, unfortunately.

Not likely, but they could rescind the generous up to 48-hour cancellation policy.

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I thought that if the cruise line cancels they must give you a refund. I admit I have not read the cruise contract, but I thought that was the only time there was an absolute right to a refund is if the cruise line cancels. Am I wrong?

16 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

Thanks. I understand that. I am just thinking ahead. If things are still bad at the end of July I anticipate this offer being extended, and similar rules will apply. So I am just thinking ahead to September and the possibility of needing to cancel a cruise that has a FCC applied.

Another issue that might come up, if this thing drags on, is the cruise lines may file for bankruptcy protection, giving them permission to wipe out their liabilities to stay solvent —which would include liquidation of their current stocks as well as all FCCs.

1 minute ago, MoniMommy said:

I thought that if the cruise line cancels they must give you a refund. I admit I have not read the cruise contract, but I thought that was the only time there was an absolute right to a refund is if the cruise line cancels. Am I wrong?

I would expect they would have to but no way of knowing until it happens.  We have just decided to hang tight and wait it out a bit.  That is what works for us, might not for others, like my Mom who is freaking out about a cruise she has for October that isn't even at final payment yet.  We have insurance and have known all along that we might just end up with a 75% FCC and were fine with that if we chose not to cruise.  The whole cruise with confidence policy gives us 100% in either a FCC or a mixture of refund and FCC based on when we make our decision.  We appreciate that the cruise line is trying to make this financially easier on everyone.  We are just waiting to see if this virus just dies off and we can cruise or if it goes the other way and we are all locked down in our homes and aren't going anywhere.  I have also been reading that a lot of companies are now requiring employees to self quarantine for two weeks if they leave the country, that will make us cancel if that policy goes into effect at my DH company.  So. we will just wait a bit.

My understanding is that when applying a FCC to a reservation that is paid in full, the value of the FCC is refunded to original purchase method. Is there a cut off to applying a FCC? Let's say my sailing is paid in full. I dont want to apply the FCC too soon because if I have to cancel the value of the FCC is lost. Can I wait and apply it 48 hours before sailing? 

1 minute ago, MoniMommy said:

My understanding is that when applying a FCC to a reservation that is paid in full, the value of the FCC is refunded to original purchase method. Is there a cut off to applying a FCC? Let's say my sailing is paid in full. I dont want to apply the FCC too soon because if I have to cancel the value of the FCC is lost. Can I wait and apply it 48 hours before sailing? 

I’m not sure if Royal has imposed any limits recently but with other FCC’s as soon as you called they were able to apply it immediately to the cruise.  

On 3/7/2020 at 7:54 PM, DaniDanielle said:

We paid for our upcoming cruise in part with a cruise credit we had from last cruise.  If we cancel do we lose out on the credit?

Did you see where they have changed the policy on this?  You will now get the FCC you used for your booking reissued.  🙂 

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you so much.  Charlie has been driving me crazy about this!!🤸🏼‍♂️

It is being talked about in this thread:

We are now likely a definite cancel.  New corporate policy issued at work yesterday for DH, we cruise, he has to self quarantine for two weeks before he is allowed back at work.  He could work from home and call into meetings but not ideal.  There goes my only $18 deluxe package. 😞 

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you so much.  Charlie has been driving me crazy about this!!🤸🏼‍♂️

Newly updated

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their existing cruise and now wishes to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence terms?

The original Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated with the prior Future Cruise Credit expiration date and amount. Your client will also receive a new Future Cruise Credit based on the amount paid and following the Cruise with Confidence policy terms.

• Like 2

I have a question that I don't think has been asked or answered here yet. Nor is it covered in any FAQ that I have seen. 

I have two cruises coming up in April that I will likely need to cancel. They were booked through a big box TA. I don't expect to use the TA again for a future cruise booking on Royal. I have several cruises booked in 2021 through another TA and would like to use the FCC for them.

Is it true that the FCC will be issued to the TA that I am booked with?  If so, how can I get the FCC transferred so that I control it?

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 11:22 AM, reallyitsmema said:

Read the cruise contract.....i) Passenger shall have a right to a full refund of the Cruise Fare if the Cruise is canceled in full, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early;

I called the Crown and Anchor number. The other numbers gave me a busy signal. I was on phone for 43 minutes. That includes hold time and time to speak with the agent, answer questions, and cancel my cruise. I was told that the FCC would be issued in the name of the 1st and 2 guests only as I sailed  under KSF. This is good for me because we always sail under KSF. I took down her name and the time of the call in case I need to go back and dispute anything. My worst fear is them splitting the FCC among the 4 of us in which case we would loose money or have to sail at a more expensive time if the year when kids are not free.

Edited by MoniMommy