New travel policy coming soon from Royal

I am slightly confused. 

If my cruise was 4,000 and I had booked with a TA but have only paid 2,000 then will I get the 2,000 back and I don't need to pay the TA anything more? Or do I need to settle the whole amount with the TA and then RC issue a certificate for 4,000.

13 minutes ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

I am slightly confused. 

If my cruise was 4,000 and I had booked with a TA but have only paid 2,000 then will I get the 2,000 back and I don't need to pay the TA anything more? Or do I need to settle the whole amount with the TA and then RC issue a certificate for 4,000.

Cancel and get 2k back as FCC.  Cruise is cancelled you don't give them more money.

Really happy about this. We have a May 30th cruise booked and it's really nice to know that we can wait things out now and see how things are much closer to our cruise date and get a full credit if we want it. We know we would absolutely use the future cruise credit so it's just nice to know that if things are better or getting better we can play it safe and not lose all our money.

• Like 1

What if right now I went and booked a cruise for lets day November of this year...If I decided in May to cancel our cruise we currently have booked for the end of May, how would I apply the future cruise credit to the November cruise? Would I just need to call up and get the credit applied to the November cruise? I kind of now want to start thinking about options in the future so we have something good booked if we end up cancelling in May.

2 minutes ago, Macklin410 said:

What if right now I went and booked a cruise for lets day November of this year...If I decided in May to cancel our cruise we currently have booked for the end of May, how would I apply the future cruise credit to the November cruise? Would I just need to call up and get the credit applied to the November cruise? I kind of now want to start thinking about options in the future so we have something good booked if we end up cancelling in May.

You will have to wait for them to issue you your FCC and then you can apply it to the other cruise

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

You will have to wait for them to issue you your FCC and then you can apply it to the other cruise

Fantastic. We just want to be prepared and start looking into possible options. If we find a future cruise we would be happy with if we had to cancel our May cruise I would probably just want to book it right away and then apply the credit if we cancel in May.

5 hours ago, ridge123 said:

My cruise is oasis of the seas this Sunday. What does “up to 48 hours” mean? 

It means you can cancel any time as long it is not past 48 hours before your cruise leaves.

Does anyone know pragmatically how the FCC works.  Is it each person gets the FCC or is it just a credit number you get?  The reason I ask is let's say I cancel a family cruise (3 minor children) and get a FCC.  Can just me and my wife use that for a couples cruise later on or do we need to bring the whole family?

23 minutes ago, gjkubel said:

Does anyone know pragmatically how the FCC works.  Is it each person gets the FCC or is it just a credit number you get?  The reason I ask is let's say I cancel a family cruise (3 minor children) and get a FCC.  Can just me and my wife use that for a couples cruise later on or do we need to bring the whole family?

In the past, each individual  gets his/her own FCC and they are nontransferable.

24 minutes ago, gjkubel said:

Typically a FCC is issued by passenger and based on how you booked.  If you booked on a reduced 3/4 passenger fare then those credits would be less than passengers 1/2.  

You and your wife could apply your FCCs to a couples sailing but the 3 minor kids would still each have their own FCC.

The final payment date for European cruises sailing May 29 - June 11 was changed last week to 60 days. Is that still in effect?

Edited by kpun

50 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

In the past, each individual  gets his/her own FCC and they are nontransferable.

48 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Typically a FCC is issued by passenger and based on how you booked.  If you booked on a reduced 3/4 passenger fare then those credits would be less than passengers 1/2.  

You and your wife could apply your FCCs to a couples sailing but the 3 minor kids would still each have their own FCC.

Thanks.  That's kinda what I assumed would happen, but appreciate the expertise on this board.

My wife and I are booked on to a cruise out of Rome in July with my daughter and two young grandkids (two separate cabins). I paid for the deposits which are non refundable. Does this new policy mean that I can get FCC for the full amount (in my name as I paid it all) and can I then apply it to a cruise I’ve already booked for Sept 2021 without my daughter and grandkids. The cost of the deposits is in total £900 so not a small amount of money

The other option is to wait until they make a decision on whether they are going to dock in Italy (possible cancellation if they’re not) but this might not be until closer to July (albeit their cruises from Rome start in May and Jewel is supposed to stop there in early April). The full balance is due mid April so they might not have decided what they’re go to do. The other complication is I’ve already paid the airfares with British Airways so if RCI cancel I may get refunded on these. Any info would be great thanks

2 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

My wife and I are booked on to a cruise out of Rome in July with my daughter and two young grandkids (two separate cabins). I paid for the deposits which are non refundable. Does this new policy mean that I can get FCC for the full amount (in my name as I paid it all) and can I then apply it to a cruise I’ve already booked for Sept 2021 without my daughter and grandkids. The cost of the deposits is in total £900 so not a small amount of money

The other option is to wait until they make a decision on whether they are going to dock in Italy (possible cancellation if they’re not) but this might not be until closer to July (albeit their cruises from Rome start in May and Jewel is supposed to stop there in early April). The full balance is due mid April so they might not have decided what they’re go to do. The other complication is I’ve already paid the airfares with British Airways so if RCI cancel I may get refunded on these. Any info would be great thanks

No.  Each person listed on the reservation gets their own FCC regardless of who paid