New travel policy coming soon from Royal

I have a friend slated to leave on The Majesty out of NOLA tomorrow.  He is a physician and can't really afford to take a chance on getting quarantined for 2 weeks so he would love to get the voucher.   RCL says he has to go through the travel agent of course but he can't get the TA at this hour.

Any suggestions? Any magic code words to get a RCL CSR to work with him?  He is in for like 3 cabins.  

Edited by dasmonkey

9 minutes ago, ikr1steni81 said:

Ughhhh!! I had a cruise booked for May 10th and I actually just canceled it on Tuesday and lost 50% of my cruise fare.  Anyone know if they are doing this retroactive to a certain date? 

I would certainly call and ask.  Can't hurt.  They know it's a cluster right now and seem to be open to being flexible.  

37 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

I have a friend slated to leave on The Majesty out of NOLA tomorrow.  He is a physician and can't really afford to take a chance on getting quarantined for 2 weeks so he would love to get the voucher.   RCL says he has to go through the travel agent of course but he can't get the TA at this hour.

Any suggestions? Any magic code words to get a RCL CSR to work with him?  He is in for like 3 cabins.  

No magic words.  It must be the TA that talks to them. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No magic words.  It must be the TA that talks to them. 

Thanks, so if the TA doesn't work at this hour he is just SOL.  

Actually the TA told him earlier today that his didn't qualify since it was within' 48 hours.
That is the stated policy but it has indeed been accomplished today despite this restriction per several posts. 

This was his first cruise, taking college age kids and another family member.
Hate to see him lose thousands on his first attempt.  

6 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

Thanks, so if the TA doesn't work at this hour he is just SOL.  

Actually the TA told him earlier today that his didn't qualify since it was within' 48 hours.
That is the stated policy but it has indeed been accomplished today despite this restriction per several posts. 

This was his first cruise, taking college age kids and another family member.
Hate to see him lose thousands on his first attempt.  

I would try calling , maybe they are making exceptions bu5 usually it’s a pretty clear cut answer with regards to the TA / client and who Royal will speak to.

I hadn’t seen postings of the exceptions but it was clear on the webinar that they would not be making exceptions.  The 48 hours also is 48 hours prior to 12:01 am on the day the cruise leaves so its actually closer to 63 to 65 hours hours depending on departure time. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

How are cruises that are past final payment and are non refundable being handled?

Our cruise is set for May 11th - We are not planning on cancelling, but we would like to know for piece of mind.

The below does not address this ? It states 'prior' but does not mention 'post' final payment. 

Or am I overthinking this?

image.thumb.png.95f5106923e5d38dd3d854c1f2b0dd2c.png

Edited by CTCruiser76

4 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

How are cruises that are past final payment and are non refundable being handled?

Our cruise is set for May 11th - We are not planning on cancelling, but we would like to know for piece of mind.

The below does not address this ? It states 'prior' but does not mention 'post' final payment. 

Or am I overthinking this?

image.thumb.png.95f5106923e5d38dd3d854c1f2b0dd2c.png

If you cancel now, even after finsl payment you will get a full FCC 

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your agent may have not seen the new policy.

You can get a 100% FCC no charges for the NRD

Just to be clear...

have NR booked for 3/29 Harmony

are the following interpretations correct?:

A.  If desired, I can wait until 48 priors to that date to request a credit voucher to be applied to a future cruise saiing before the end of 2021

B.  A ‘new’ deposit is mandatory?  Asking as a previous poster mentioned it.  Not sure why you would have to put down a deposit if your credit in hand is the same as or more than the new cruise.

?

I've just checked my email and see that Norwegian is offering the same cancellation policy but extending the cruises credit to December 2022.  I love RCL, but I wish that they would extend the credit use date to 2022 also vs. 2021. I think many would find that helpful (especially those like us with a number of cruises already booked).

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes and yes 

Thank you.  

I must be missing something as to ‘why’ a new cruise deposit is required if there is enough value in the (NR saiing’s) credit voucher to pay for the entire cruise?

14 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Thank you.  

I must be missing something as to ‘why’ a new cruise deposit is required if there is enough value in the (NR saiing’s) credit voucher to pay for the entire cruise?

See my post below.  The FCC will cover the deposit 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

15 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Thank you.  

Good news.  I knew I saw this.  Your FCC will cover the deposit.  See item #4 in this FAQ that is from post #19

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: 

1) What precautions have been taken to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus while onboard?

• All terminal and ship access points are being thoroughly sanitized before and after all sailings. In addition, high traffic areas onboard, including restrooms and public areas, are undergoing extensive cleaning each evening, over and above the normal procedures. Daily announcements are being made to remind guests to wash their hands often, use recommended coughing etiquette, and report any illness symptoms immediately. Also, additional medical staff has been added and are providing complimentary medical consultations during each sailing. To learn more, visit our dedicated updates page here.

2) Do all sailings qualify for "Cruise with Confidence"?

• The "Cruise with Confidence" program covers all new and existing bookings departing before July 31st, 2020.

3) What if I want to change my ship and sail date instead of cancelling?

• Guests outside of final payment can change their ship and sail date. If you booked a Non-Refundable Deposit program, we'll waive the change fee for sailings through July 31st, 2020.

4) I'm within Final Payment and I know exactly when I want to cruise again. Can I just change my ship and sail date and not get the Future Cruise Certificate?

• We're happy to hear you've already planned your future cruise with us! Unfortunately, we won't be able to change your ship and sail date within the Final Payment period. What we can do is create a new booking and collect deposit so it's ready to go when your Future Cruise Certificate becomes available to use. Don't worry - if the credit covers the deposit, it ends up going back to you. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor.

5) What is the process for cancelling my reservation?

• Should you be interested in cancelling or moving your existing reservation to an alternate ship or sailing, click here to get the process started. We'll automatically cancel your reservation and issue you your credit within a week of the date you cancel your booking so that you can rebook. If you decide to call us, please know wait times may be longer than expected.

6) Do the same parameters apply to both Group and Individual reservations?

• Both named Individual and Group reservations qualify for the "Cruise with Confidence" guidelines.

7)Will my air change fees be protected?

• If you've booked your air through our Air2Sea program and now wish to alter plans, you can do so with confidence! Royal Caribbean will handle all re-accommodations and we'll cover any change fees. You'll be responsible for any additional charges.
  • If you booked your air independently, please reach out to your air carrier for assistance with cancelling or changing your flight accommodations

😎 What about hotel and transfers? Will I receive a refund for those?

• If you purchased these with Royal Caribbean - they will be refunded. Anything purchased outside of Royal Caribbean is not covered.

9) Do standard Final Payment timelines still apply?

• Yes, full payment is still required on your Final Payment Date. Please reach out to your Travel Advisor or review your Booking Invoice for more information.

10) How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by this policy update?

• If you booked a Non-Refundable Deposit and wish to cancel outside of Final Payment, we'll provide you with an FCC forthe full amount of your deposit, instead of taking a penalty of $100 USD per person. If you choose to change your ship and sail date outside of Final Payment, we'll waive the change fees for any sailings departing before July 31, 2020.

11) What if I booked with Royal Caribbean Travel Protection? Can I still use that to make a claim?

• If you booked and paid for Royal Caribbean Travel Protection, you can still file a claim for cancellation through AON. Please note, if you agree to receive a credit from AON, your FutureCruise Certificate from Royal Caribbean International will be inactivated. The benefits of Royal Caribbean Travel Protection will still apply if you choose to sail. We will not be refunding the amount of Royal Caribbean Travel Protection as our guests can still use this to claim other travel expenses.

12) How long will the Future Cruise Certificates be valid for?

• They will be valid for all sailings departing on or before December 31st, 2021.

13) What if I decide to cancel for the Future Cruise Credit and I already had an FCC on my reservation?

• You're in a unique situation, since you used a credit. Your original Future Cruise Certificate will be considered redeemed and used. You'll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate based on the cruise fare in penalty in your current booking. You're forfeiting your old credit, so you may want to wait to decide.We are optimistic that things will be more stable.

14) What will happen to my Onboard Credit if I cancel?

• Any Next Cruise Onboard Credits will be re-added to yourbooking if you change ship and sail date. And if you choose to cancel, it will be re-applied to your new booking. All other Onboard Credits will not move with your ship & sail date change and will not be honored on new bookings.

Brand

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1