“Cruise With Confidence”- cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing

dkjretired

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

We leave tomorrow and plan to get on the ship. That's one option. The other is lose everything that other insurance won't cover. They had to make a cutoff somewhere.

If it makes you feel better, I have been watching things worldwide very closely for months (you can check my posting history). Many people on forums all over this site and other sites have boarded and disembarked their cruises throughout this time of illness, with no negative effects.  A few have been extremely unlucky with missed ports and quarantines, but, as of today, they are the rare exception. 

Will the streak hold?, anyone's guess, but I think the odds are in your favor today that you will have a great cruise!

Good luck... I hope I am right!  I have about a week to make a decision to cruise or bail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Correct, you get the new perks/sales whatever is in effect when you rebook.  You do not keep current perks or promos 

I wonder if the voucher for future cruises would also include any package (not perks) that were purchased; ex: a photo package.  I'll call Celebrity tonight, will post.....

Got my answer..: What if I already purchased beverage packages and shore excursions and choose to cancel using Cruise with Confidence?

A: As always, all pre-cruise purchases will be refunded to the original form of payment.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

If you don’t feel well while onboard, it’s imperative that you visit our onboard medical facility immediately for acomplimentary checkup.

Does anyone know, or can anyone confirm, that both the check-up and any related CoronaVirus "treatment" are both free?

Does anyone know if passengers on the Diamond Princess were charged for their medical services either in Japan or while back in Quarantine?

Silversea does one step above the 48 hours future cruise credit refund.  They are giving cash refund for 30 days out.   If Celebrity was doing that, I will probably cancel now.   I will most likely just get the cruise credit and wait until next year cruise... probably a lot cheaper than what I paid back in 2019.

2 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

We leave tomorrow and plan to get on the ship. That's one option. The other is lose everything that other insurance won't cover. They had to make a cutoff somewhere.

Update: Celebrity gladly issued them an FCC. 

Next time please save comments for information you know to be accurate especially in these changing and dynamic situation. You may inadvertently scare someone to show up or risk financial loss when that is not the company position. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

Additional info (posted March 5, 2020) on the celebrity web site, travel alert section .... this is a snippet - but posting here, in case you have not read it as of yet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Effective Friday, March 6, mandatory temperature screenings will be conducted for all guests, crewmembers, and visitors prior to boarding any vessel. Your temperature will be taken via a noninvasive digital scan. If your temperature registers above 100.4°F (38° C), you and your traveling companions will be referred to a secondary health screening.

Secondary health screenings will be performed by medical professionals who will check for flu-like symptoms and pulse oximetry readings. Any guests who are denied boarding due to concerns during their health screening will receive 100% refund.

If you don’t feel well while onboard, it’s imperative that you visit our onboard medical facility immediately for acomplimentary checkup. Our onboard doctors and nurses are always available and ready to assist.

Guests with chronic lung illness are advised to contact us in advance with any questions or bring a letter from a medicalpractitionerthatindicatesnormalbaselineoxygensaturation. Ifyouhaveanyquestions,please contact your Travel Advisor or contact us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. You can also visit www.celebritycruises.com/contact-us for a complete list of global contact information.

This has been updated.  If denied boarding one now gets a FFC. (my red emphasis above)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/travel-alert

Cheers, heather

6 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

You may inadvertently scare someone to show up or risk financial loss when that is not the company position. 

Issued who a FCC?  I thought that person was boarding today or tomorrow?

"NOT the company position" - do Cruiseline employees post here? Or all we all cruisers trying to figure out the company positions?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

And another question, assuming you cancel, you would get a full cash refund of port charges and taxes and a FCC just for the cruise fare paid to Celebrity, correct?  Can anyone confirm this?

Port charges have always been refunded if you cancel or miss a port.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Next time please save comments for information you know to be accurate especially in these changing and dynamic situation. You may inadvertently scare someone to show up or risk financial loss when that is not the company position. 

Next time, don't post questions on a cruise board rather than getting the answer from the cruise line.

And now I know I can't trust Celebrity to mean what they say. Interesting.

1 hour ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

Does anyone know, or can anyone confirm, that both the check-up and any related CoronaVirus "treatment" are both free?

From Celebrity's FAQ (don't get mad at me if Celebrity doesn't mean what they say!):

Likewise, additional medical staff has been added and are providing
complimentary medical consultations during each sailing. 

1 hour ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

Show up at the doctors office on board with a hacking cough and running a fever.  Ask them if there is a charge to see the doctor?  Me thinks in light of the current situation the answer will be a resounding,  No.  

• Like 1

We were waiting for the car to pick us up for the airport when the new policy came into effect. We had a very emotional decision to make and  chose to cancel. We knew we were high risk(DH with cancer)  but let the money cloud our judgment. I am happy that Celebrity made the new policy. We know we will cruise again but need to be mindful of what is going on right now. 

• Like 5

It appears there will be some cancellation penalties?

Should a guest wish to cancel after their final payment deadline, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be administered in the full amount of each guest’s applicable cancellation fees. FCC amounts will vary and are dependent upon the standard cancellation timeline. Guests can apply these credits to any future cruise of their choice departing on or before December 31, 2021.

6 minutes ago, redjoan said:

It appears there will be some cancellation penalties?

Should a guest wish to cancel after their final payment deadline, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be administered in the full amount of each guest’s applicable cancellation fees. FCC amounts will vary and are dependent upon the standard cancellation timeline. Guests can apply these credits to any future cruise of their choice departing on or before December 31, 2021.

No, they're saying the 'penalty' is what is given as a FCC.  So, if the normal cancellation period is a 50% refund, you get that refund and then the 50% penalty they normally would charge is given as FCC.  You'd only get 100% as FCC if it was the normal period of non-refund, where they keep would keep 100% of your money.  This is the normal cancellation fees for my cruise:

image.png.1427ebbce15d912092c62c2e0f8fe0e8.png

Edited by Hllb
  • Like 3

I'm booked on a 17 April TA so plan to wait until the week before to make my decision.  FWIW, other cruise lines had instituted similar policies at the beginning of the week and RCL was being mentioned on travel sites (Conde, among others) as late to the party.  I don't see this as a particularly altruistic move on their part.  They need operating capital.  If pax cancel, they hang onto it.  If the cruise is cancelled, they refund.  I checked available balcony cabins on the Silhouette TA today and they're more than 50%, probably closer to 60% vacancy.  Looks like the big TAs gave back entire inventories.  And X raised fares last night.  I'm only following my cruise, though.  Thinking that perhaps they don't want any more bookings just in case the cruise is a no-go.  Meanwhile I'll wait for another of the centipede's shoes to drop (that's a lotta shoes).  Much can and will happen before my deadline, the Ides of April (AKA Tax Day).

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Not a username2 said:

Where do you see this, I can't see that anywhere?

I can' find where I saw this. But hope you have sorted now as I have seen 2 other posts on same sailing as you who have managed to obtain FCC. 

13 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I'm booked on a 17 April TA so plan to wait until the week before to make my decision.  FWIW, other cruise lines had instituted similar policies at the beginning of the week and RCL was being mentioned on travel sites (Conde, among others) as late to the party.  I don't see this as a particularly atruistic move on their part.  They need operating capital.  If pax cancel, they hang onto it.  If the cruise is cancelled, they refund.  I checked available balcony cabins on the Silhouette TA today and they're more than 50%, probably closer to 60% vacancy.  Looks like the big TAs gave back entire inventories.  And X raised fares last night.  I'm only following my cruise, though.  Thinking that perhaps they don't want any more bookings just in case the cruise is a no-go.  Meanwhile I'll wait for another of the centipede's shoes to drop (that's a lotta shoes).  A lot can and will happen before my deadline, the Ides of April (AKA Tax Day).

We are on the cruise with you and are doing the same....adopting a wait and see attitude.  As you said, a lot can happen in a few weeks, and we are just under six weeks out.  I AMAZED that X raised prices last night!  Wow.  
Our return to the states is on the QM2 and so far as I am aware they are not yet matching the rest of the industry with the 48 hour cancel option...so that return impacts our decision, too.

37 minutes ago, 24acorns said:

I can' find where I saw this. But hope you have sorted now as I have seen 2 other posts on same sailing as you who have managed to obtain FCC. 

Just got off the phone, escalated to supervisor, no way to cancel my cruise tomorrow as they've already locked in the manifest to the port authority to PR. I can cancel the flights and get a 70% refund but nothing for the cruise. I don't know how these other people got a FCC?

3 hours ago, Pickels said:

I wonder if the voucher for future cruises would also include any package (not perks) that were purchased; ex: a photo package.  I'll call Celebrity tonight, will post.

Packages purchased pre-cruise are refunded back to original form of payment

2 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Next time, don't post questions on a cruise board rather than getting the answer from the cruise line.

And now I know I can't trust Celebrity to mean what they say. Interesting.

I am glad that the update let you know not to trust Celebrity, although after insulting me you told me to ask them for the answer.    We are having adult discussions here.  I expect participants to display a bare minimum of respect and in discussion facts matter.  You may want to examine how you speak to people moving forward.  Your choice.