“Cruise With Confidence”- cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing

dkjretired

2 minutes ago, mandream said:

Almost certainly you will get whatever perks are associated with your new booking at the time you book.

Correct, you get the new perks/sales whatever is in effect when you rebook.  You do not keep current perks or promos 

Edited by LMaxwell

7 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

We have family due to leave TOMORROW.  What are their options? 

I am due to leave in 2 weeks and will monitor another week and decide 

We leave tomorrow and plan to get on the ship. That's one option. The other is lose everything that other insurance won't cover. They had to make a cutoff somewhere.

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 1

Just now, hrhdhd said:

We leave tomorrow and plan to get on the ship. That's one option. The other is lose everything that other insurance won't cover.

I was asking in regards to the new policy obviously.  

Just now, LMaxwell said:

I was asking in regards to the new policy obviously.  

Well, the new policy states 48 hours. I thought that seemed obvious. If they are inside 48 hours, the new policy doesn't apply to them.

We  see this as good news and a "well done, Celebrity" moment.   We have 2 cruises in Norway booked - May and August.   Our intention is to go if the cruises happen.   We hope that -X- will not cancel the Europe season, though posts on these boards have raised a fear that they will. (Note that other then postponing the naming ceremony of Apex, -X- have given no indication at all that they intend to cancel the Europe sailing and I am mindful that surely cancelling the SE Asia AND Europe seasons would put them in a precarious position).

Our May cruise is all paid up.   This gives us some hope that at least if that cruise is cancelled we will get the money back to apply to another cruise.   My personal suspicion is that by then the virus will be everywhere and it won't matter, because once it is everywhere there is no point trying to contain it.

• Like 1

This is good news.  We have an April cruise booked and plan to go as of now....but happy to know this is an option.  We booked our air thru Celebrity as well.  Does anyone know how that will be handled? 

I just found the new policy on Royal's website, not Celebrity's yet.  This makes me feel so much more comfortable knowing we will not lose from our Apex B/B cruises in April which were all paid up.    Now that the naming ceremony has been postponed, I figured that Celebrity was very concerned about the European cruises for this spring.  Hats off to Celebrity for changing their policies.  :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

This IS wonderful....wish that Princess was using it...they have a 30 day deadline instead of 48 hours.

I just got a notice from Regency (part of Carnival) that they will give the 100% fcc for all cruises departing through 11/1/20. Since we're scheduled for a European cruise in late August, I'm still not comfortable with RCCL's July deadline. Hopefully the virus will subside by then  or X will extend the cancellation date beyond July. I will have to deal with our air separately.

what a relief, will be considering moving to cruise later in 2020 or early 2021

the worry for us was not just the ship but also the travel from the UK, and the possibility of the cruise not arriving at the departure port, or finding us Quarantined without being able to get back to UK

12 minutes ago, NJ Gal said:

I just found the new policy on Royal's website, not Celebrity's yet.  This makes me feel so much more comfortable knowing we will not lose from our Apex B/B cruises in April which were all paid up.    Now that the naming ceremony has been postponed, I figured that Celebrity was very concerned about the European cruises for this spring.  Hats off to Celebrity for changing their policies.  :classic_smile:

The new policy applies to Celebrity sailings as well. I just emailed my TA and she is handling all the cancellations for me. 

52 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

We have family due to leave TOMORROW.  What are their options? 

I am due to leave in 2 weeks and will monitor another week and decide 

I think it says at the bottom of the letter if you are travelling 6-8 March to call for options.

5 minutes ago, dabear said:

I just got a notice from Regency (part of Carnival) that they will give the 100% fcc for all cruises departing through 11/1/20. Since we're scheduled for a European cruise in late August, I'm still not comfortable with RCCL's July deadline. Hopefully the virus will subside by then  or X will extend the cancellation date beyond July. I will have to deal with our air separately.

probably like 737 max...keep getting pushed back

36 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

My personal suspicion is that by then the virus will be everywhere and it won't matter, because once it is everywhere there is no point trying to contain it.

that’s what I have been saying for weeks.  I just want to get over the  “containment” phase so we can move on with our lives.  Chance of containment is so almost nonexistent at this point, so we are wasting a ton of money and massive disruption in lives on a lost cause.

We need to focus on therapies, prevention, and vaccines at this point.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, rimmit said:

that’s what I have been saying for weeks.  I just want to get over the  “containment” phase so we can move on with our lives.  Chance of containment is so almost nonexistent at this point, so we are wasting a ton of money and massive disruption in lives on a lost cause.

We need to focus on therapies, prevention, and vaccines at this point.

Agreed.  Though a vaccine will likely take at least a year.  

3 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

Agreed.  Though a vaccine will likely take at least a year.  

I think a year is optimistic.  18-24 months even with fast tracking from the govt and FDA is my best guess. To get something like that on the market in that 18-24 months would be impressive.  A year would be a near miracle.  Clinical trials take a ton of time.  

The policy is now on the Celebrity website. “Cruise with Confidence” in the upper left corner, just below Travel Advisory.  Be sure to read the policy AND the FAQ section at the bottom. It answers questions on airfare, etc. 

• Like 1

Additional info (posted March 5, 2020) on the celebrity web site, travel alert section .... this is a snippet - but posting here, in case you have not read it as of yet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Effective Friday, March 6, mandatory temperature screenings will be conducted for all guests, crewmembers, and visitors prior to boarding any vessel. Your temperature will be taken via a noninvasive digital scan. If your temperature registers above 100.4°F (38° C), you and your traveling companions will be referred to a secondary health screening.

Secondary health screenings will be performed by medical professionals who will check for flu-like symptoms and pulse oximetry readings. Any guests who are denied boarding due to concerns during their health screening will receive 100% refund.

If you don’t feel well while onboard, it’s imperative that you visit our onboard medical facility immediately for acomplimentary checkup. Our onboard doctors and nurses are always available and ready to assist.

Guests with chronic lung illness are advised to contact us in advance with any questions or bring a letter from a medicalpractitionerthatindicatesnormalbaselineoxygensaturation. Ifyouhaveanyquestions,please contact your Travel Advisor or contact us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. You can also visit www.celebritycruises.com/contact-us for a complete list of global contact information.

I guess a good thing overall.  The only downside I see is that those of us who want to tough it out so to speak but may have to cancel last minute may find our options next year much pricier than if we just give up now and rebook.  Tough decisions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Correct, you get the new perks/sales whatever is in effect when you rebook.  You do not keep current perks or promos 

I wonder if the voucher for future cruises would also include any package (not perks) that were purchased; ex: a photo package.  I'll call Celebrity tonight, will post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

I guess a good thing overall.  The only downside I see is that those of us who want to tough it out so to speak but may have to cancel last minute may find our options next year much pricier than if we just give up now and rebook.  Tough decisions. 

So you are thinking a potentially deadly virus is going to increase future cruise demand and drive up prices?
I feel very confident that will NOT be the case going forward. 

• Like 1