how many pats of butter do you get in MDR with your bread

luckyinpa

Funny story about butter that most everyone probably already now: For all my life, we’ve put butter in the Frig and got it out and tried to spread it on some unfortunate piece of bread, tearing it apart everytime. We spent a week in Cornwall and enjoyed It so much, including the nice soft butter (not the fake stuff artificially ‘softened’ with chemicals) left out and not put in some Fridg. 

So now I buy good old Irish butter, leave it next to my toaster and spread away. Fantastic! 

Den

I use Irish butter t home too so I was challenged by those little dabs they served on the Millennium last August.  There probably was one section of whipped butter in there but it sure didn't taste good to me. 

So the next night I went to the Oceanview Cafe and filled a small plate with pats of butter and brought it with me to the dining room.  Everyone at the table enjoyed butter every night after that.  I guess I will have to do that again next year on the Summit for 14 nights from London to Boston 😏

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KittyLiXX said:

The german butter pats in the buffet were so delicious.  A creamy, salty butter!  

I agree!  Didn't notice that they were from Germany but they were delicious. 

Our wait staff never offered us these so I had to bring them every night. 

2 hours ago, rsail203 said:

We've always asked our waiter for a plate of butter and it was there every night. We never had to bring our own.

Maybe you early or late dining and not select?  We never had the same waiter.....

We did make multiple requests the first night but it never arrived at the table.  When brought it the second night not one waiter said "I could have gotten that for you" so my assumption was it wasn't available in the dining room.     

16 minutes ago, LEtue said:

Maybe you early or late dining and not selectWe never had the same waiter.....

We did make multiple requests the first night but it never arrived at the table.  When brought it the second night not one waiter said "I could have gotten that for you" so my assumption was it wasn't available in the dining room.     

We always do SD and have had the same table, wait staff and time for the entire cruise. B2B cruises with SD we've had the same table, wait staff and time the first leg and same table, time but different wait staff for the second leg. 

Edited by davekathy

Well...the butter has been discussed.  What about those rolls who feel discriminated against because they received less than the minimum number of sesame seeds?  

9 hours ago, Esprit said:

Love this thread.

I’m am old fashioned meat eater so was wondering is there such a thing as vegan butter?

Just think of all those poor cows suffering because we’ve all become vegan and no one milks them!!!......And yes, one daughter is a vegan so I Know the answer to that one, but since she’s not on line here, I can be a smarty mouth. 

Den

• Haha 1