Has anyone successfully cancelled their Costa Cruise in the Mediterranean and received a credit or refund?

klaugh1169

I was supposed to take this cruise on Feb 29 with my mom for her 80th bday on the Costa Smeralda. We would have been coming from the US on a flight in and out of Milan. We waited until the last possible day to cancel because we were hoping things would get better in Italy. 

We are glad to have cancelled because Delta has suspended all flights to/from Milan and we would have been stuck. Plus, not worth the risk to my mom's health. And I can't afford to be quarantined for two weeks. The US travel advisory changed to a Level 4 for Italy. 

However, we did ask for a credit toward taking the cruise at a later date. At first, we were told no. Then we were told to send an email to their customer support team because they were reviewing them on a case-by-case basis. We sent that email, but have yet to hear back as yet. I'm sure they are very busy. 

Has anyone else been told to send an email? And if so, have you had a response yet?

Edited by klaugh1169

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...