summit panini station

luckyinpa

new to X and going to bermuda

i watched a video and it appears there's a panini station. are there 'pre selected' types or do you make your own. for instance i love italian hoagies so would love a something like that. heck i could live on that for most of the week 🙂

also any other non traditional buffet offerings would be of interest to me. 

is there a night where you put your ingredients in a bowl and they cook it for you (something like your own chinese concoctions )

You select your bread and then advise the server what you want on it.   He makes it fresh for you and pops it onto the panini grill.

They don't have exactly what you describe nor for health reason would they allow ----- but they do have a Chinese Station that you tell them what you want and they put it in the wok and cook it for you.   They also have a similar omelet station in the morning. 

They also usually have a pasta station and you tell them what you want them to put on and made to order.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You select your bread and then advise the server what you want on it.   He makes it fresh for you and pops it onto the panini grill.

They don't have exactly what you describe nor for health reason would they allow ----- but they do have a Chinese Station that you tell them what you want and they put it in the wok and cook it for you.   They also have a similar omelet station in the morning. 

They also usually have a pasta station and you tell them what you want them to put on and made to order.

Are these stations all located in the buffet area?  I am salivating just thinking about all of these possibilities!

1 hour ago, CruzerDeb said:

Are these stations all located in the buffet area?  I am salivating just thinking about all of these possibilities!

There in the buffet area (Ocean View Cafe).  I enjoyed the Chinese multiple times on my last cruise.  Do have somewhat similar for italian, multiple sauces and pastas to mix and match.   

2 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Yes they are all located in the Ocean View.   Make sure you walk all the way around as some are near the rear.  They also added a map display that show what is being served at each station.

We just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Summit and found the Panini sandwiches to be great. They had all the choices of items to make your sandwich. They even had about five choices of different breads. I always made sure to get an extra one for a late night snack or  a day trip meal the next day. Sometimes I would get chicken or meat cooked to order from another location and have them add this to my panini sandwich. 

This was great item added to the buffet. I don’t remember it being available every day but most of the time it was there.

29 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

is the map display at the entrance to the buffet?

love the idea of MTO sketti dishes. gimme some good meatballs and maybe some sausage and i'm happy

Yes at least at the entrance if I recall they may also have one on the wall near the Aft Bar entrance also

3 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Another thing I like in the Ocean View is the made to order Eggs Benedict station with choices like salmon and guacamole.

Your making me hungry and I have 6 more days until our cruise.  

Various people have posted YouTube videos showing food options in Ocean view, search” Celebrity cruise buffet”. I haven’t seen one for paninis, but the made to order  omelette, pasta and stir fry segments will have you salivating. 

On 3/7/2020 at 8:30 PM, Airrace said:

We just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Summit and found the Panini sandwiches to be great. They had all the choices of items to make your sandwich. They even had about five choices of different breads. I always made sure to get an extra one for a late night snack or  a day trip meal the next day. Sometimes I would get chicken or meat cooked to order from another location and have them add this to my panini sandwich. 

This was great item added to the buffet. I don’t remember it being available every day but most of the time it was there.

i didnt think of that. id love a 2nd italian for a late nite snack or bfast. sure beats the wait for room service.