Time for NCL to STEP UP!!! - Updating their cancellation policy due to COVID-19

Now that both Carnival and RC have modified their cancellation policies allowing people to cancel and rebook a cruise within the next year due to the effects of COVID-19, it's time for NCL to step up! I've been posting on the official NCL Facebook page, asking when NCL will offer the same policy due to COVID-19. I strongly suggest you all do the same!!!

Let's bombard their social media until they have no choice! (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)

29597DF4-78F3-41F9-8A5D-7237581B5E39.thumb.jpeg.3d4afd8e5c21c072044055ee1a7a1c98.jpeg

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, YankeeFan4Ever said:

Yes, because I'm asking the CC community to bombard their social media!

I did not know the other cruise lines were doing this. I definitely will bombard their social media. Thanks for raising the issue...even if it has been raised elsewhere.

I think the companies are doing this ahead of tomorrow's meeting so that people contract for later dates..

So when the President suspends all travel this weekend through  maybe June 1st... They get to keep the money of those who rescheduled..................................

Edited by babydaryl24
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rocklinmom said:

Princess just changed their cancellation policy, maybe NCL will follow...

But what happens if you reschedule...

Then, as Reuters is reporting is a possibility, the government asks cruises to shut down for a bit?

1 minute ago, babydaryl24 said:

I think the companies are doing this ahead of tomorrow's meeting so that people contract for later dates..

So when the President suspends all travel this weekend through  maybe June 1st... They get to keep the money of those who rescheduled..................................

What do you mean exactly? Like if Pres bans travel after this weekend, if you've already rescheduled then you're stuck and if you have an existing res for soon then cruise has to refund?

5 minutes ago, HeatherLynne said:

What do you mean exactly? Like if Pres bans travel after this weekend, if you've already rescheduled then you're stuck and if you have an existing res for soon then cruise has to refund?

I mean they can do whatever they want.  But that seems plausible....

If the WH suspends cruising until June 1 like Reuters said some were hinting at...

But all these people reschedule outside those dates..  the rescheduling is a new contract that cant be cancelled..

I'm not saying that's going to happen..  but a smart business person would do this...

Just now, babydaryl24 said:

If the WH suspends cruising until June 1 like Reuters said some were hinting at...

What authority does the WH have to suspend cruising, outwith USA waters....didn't you know there's a whole world outside of the USA? 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hamrag said:

What authority does the WH have to suspend cruising, outwith USA waters....didn't you know there's a whole world outside of the USA? 🙄

The could suspend cruising from/to US ports, but I think that is HIGHLY unlikely. I would be shocked. Are they going to cancel all international flights as well?

• Like 3

There is a 0.0 chance they suspend cruising for X amount of time.  If they did that and I was the head of a cruise line I'd continue to operate until they cancelled all form of mass transportation.  You're just as likely to get sick from this on an international flight as you are a trip to Bermuda on a ship as you are to a crowded subway in NYC, it all depends on whose on the thing with you and what they've touched.  One or two cruise ships being quarantined out of the hundreds that sail everyday does not equal them shutting down an entire industry for months.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, babydaryl24 said:

Yall are right .. my law degree is meaningless and I dont know what I am talking about with Article 2 powers.

🙄

There is an article in the US Constitution that gives the US president the right to cancel cruises for the whole world?

• Like 2

I agree we need to start to bombard their social media accounts. We need to be at least be able to reschedule for a later date. I have already made a post on their FB page.  I am sure there are plenty of cruisers who have the same feelings.

• Like 1

Whole world...no 

Cruises leaving from US ports...yes, I believe that falls under the president's jurisdiction.  

And as someone else mentioned, it is being hinted at.  So not entirely impossible.  What that means for cancellations and re-bookings, who the hell knows.  

• Thanks 1

Hearing that the administration would potentially suspend cruising for a period of time, but would also provide the cruise industry a financial "bail out" of sorts to cover losses like they did for the banks, car manufacturers and airlines during the recession.

It doesn't really make much sense for NCL to make some big policy change today with the travel industry meeting with the current administration tomorrow...depending on what comes of that they may have to turn around and make changes a day later.  Just because the other lines are doing it does not mean it is the smart thing to do AT THIS TIME...as in today.   And unless your cruise is next week...as in you have to cancel in the next hour or so...it is smart as a consumer to wait and see what tomorrows meeting brings to any policy changes...if any.  What if you change your cruise today to a future cruise credit and then tomorrow it comes out they are offering refunds...you could miss out on the opportunity to get a refund. 

Everybody just needs to slow down and take a breath (unless you are boarding tomorrow or Sunday, in which case you are probably committed at this point any way) and see what happens in the next couple days.  This is evolving very fast each and every day.  And it is very complicated situation.  Running all these ships half or more empty for the next monthish would be crippling to the cruise industry, as well as the ports they go to.  So it is wise of them to make the most informed decision, not just the quickest one.  The article does not "hint" at banning cruise travel.  It says they are exploring what that may look like.  A ban is very unlikely, because the ripple affect of banning air travel, subway travel, etc.  Seems as though at this moment, an advisory against all travel is most likely.  

• Like 4