Time for NCL to STEP UP!!! - Updating their cancellation policy due to COVID-19

1 minute ago, babydaryl24 said:

They could ban cruise travel to areas with high instances of the virus.

They could and will I’m sure, but this is a very fluid situation and things are changing by the hour. I am going to Hawaii 4/10 on POA, it’s a wait and see right now. We not only have to worry about losing our money but what if some of us get sick with anything... you have so much as a sniffle and they ain’t going to let you board. I have bad allergies, that might not be in my favor 😳

9 minutes ago, Pattyd227 said:

The airports were shut down after 911... just saying.

That was a few days...we are talking weeks, if not months.  Unless they entire world doesn't leave their house for the next 14 days...this isn't going away anytime soon.  

Just got this from NCL:

For all new and existing individual and group bookings that embark from March 10, 2020 through and including September 30, 2020:

• Guests can cancel up until 48 hours prior to vacation start date.  Cancelled reservations that occur prior to 48 hours to vacation date will receive a 100% future cruise credit (FCC) to be used for ANY Norwegian sailing embarking on or before December 31, 2022. 
    • Vacation start date includes any pre-hotel or Cruisetour packages booked through Norwegian.
    • FCC will include all components of the reservation that have been paid, including but not limited to: shore excursions, beverage and dining packages (including associated gratuities), service charges and air or transfers pre purchased through Norwegian.
      • Note any insurance purchased on existing bookings will not be included in the FCC amount
  • Like 4

Just now, Love2cruise77 said:

Just got this from NCL:

For all new and existing individual and group bookings that embark from March 10, 2020 through and including September 30, 2020:

• Guests can cancel up until 48 hours prior to vacation start date.  Cancelled reservations that occur prior to 48 hours to vacation date will receive a 100% future cruise credit (FCC) to be used for ANY Norwegian sailing embarking on or before December 31, 2022. 
    • Vacation start date includes any pre-hotel or Cruisetour packages booked through Norwegian.
    • FCC will include all components of the reservation that have been paid, including but not limited to: shore excursions, beverage and dining packages (including associated gratuities), service charges and air or transfers pre purchased through Norwegian.
      • Note any insurance purchased on existing bookings will not be included in the FCC amount

And what about those Vacations that start before March 10th? We’re due to leave on This Sunday March 8th out of NYC And I’m really starting to think twice. 

1 minute ago, Love2cruise77 said:

Just got this from NCL:

On your NCL cruise page, or by email or by TA???

Just now, LS6Caddy said:

That was a few days...we are talking weeks, if not months.  Unless they entire world doesn't leave their house for the next 14 days...this isn't going away anytime soon.  

Right?! I have never lived through a pandemic before so I am not sure of the protocol. I will say this, if this country doesn’t start testing people (but keep spouting this crap that only 129 people in the US have this virus) I think I am going to scream. Third world countries are testing 1000’s of people everyday and the strongest nation in the world can’t get enough tests out to test a large high school. Unbelievable... We could have a million infected already and not even know it... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hapE2cruise said:

And what about those Vacations that start before March 10th? We’re due to leave on This Sunday March 8th out of NYC And I’m really starting to think twice. 

What are they thinking really?  Making these changes but excluding people who are set to sail this weekend.  Princess is also starting 3/9...

2 minutes ago, Pattyd227 said:

Right?! I have never lived through a pandemic before so I am not sure of the protocol. I will say this, if this country doesn’t start testing people (but keep spouting this crap that only 129 people in the US have this virus) I think I am going to scream. Third world countries are testing 1000’s of people everyday and the strongest nation in the world can’t get enough tests out to test a large high school. Unbelievable... We could have a million infected already and not even know it... 

Well if our president said that there is no such thing in this country, how can we not believe him?  I think we have missed the stage of containment, since we have allowed everyone into this country without screening.

Edited by Love2cruise77
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hapE2cruise said:

Well, even if they included this weekend, a Sunday sailing is less than 48 hours away so the policy still doesn't apply...

Just now, Love2cruise77 said:

Well if our president said that there is no such thing in this country, how can we not believe him?  I think we are past the stage of containment, since we have allowed everyone into this country without screening.

I TOTALLY agree!

Well I’m still going unless DH or I come down with it or NCL cancels OR the POTOS says I can’t go. I’m still going dag gum it! (I do feel better though knowing I can cancel 48 hours in advance) 🍾✈️🚢

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pattyd227 said:

Well I’m still going unless DH or I come down with it or NCL cancels OR the POTOS says I can’t go. I’m still going dag gum it! (I do feel better though knowing I can cancel 48 hours in advance) 🍾✈️🚢

POTUS on Fox News now at CDC & said PAX on Grand Princess would likely be quarantined for 14 days if needed —- I do not want to be in that situation! I will reschedule for sure once I get an official notice from NCL or my TA. 

I’m on a TA out of NY ending in Rome on April 18.  Happy to have this option, but still

planning to go.  I guess NCL isn’t matching Carnival”s OBC offer.  I’d take that $200 - especially considering that the current prices are 1/3of what I paid!

I was literally just trying to cancel to take my 75%... and they won't let my cancel process because of this new stuff.

I 100% refuse to leave any money or credit with Norwegian. REFUSE. so now I'm fighting for them to take my 75% cancellation which they WANTED me to take 20 mins ago.

UGH.

I just called NCL. Our cruise is this Sunday. NCL told me too bad. I can cancel with no money back- thats my choice. But someone who is leaving 2 days later than me has the choice and full credit?!. This is absurd!.  I'm waiting to hear back from my TA about my insurance.. I'm so scared about getting quarantined on a ship. Not scared about catching it. I don't know what to do.

33 minutes ago, hapE2cruise said:

Logistics my friend, it's really not feasible.....I feel sorry for your position nevertheless, but there has to be a start point and sadly some miss it by a couple of days!

20 minutes ago, Pattyd227 said:

Ok I just emailed my TA (who is awesome ) to double check and get the skinny. I’ll let y’all know what she has heard. 😊

No need, we already read it from a reliable poster! 🙄

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Damn! I was really hoping for the OBC incentive to keep our booking that Carnival passengers are getting.