New NCL cancellation policy 3/6/2020

justhappy

For all new and existing individual and group bookings that embark from March 10, 2020 through and including September 30, 2020:
  • Guests can cancel up until 48 hours prior to vacation start date. Cancelled reservations that occur prior to 48 hours to vacation date will receive a 100% future cruise credit (FCC) to be used for ANY Norwegian sailing embarking on or before December 31, 2022.Vacation start date includes any pre-hotel or Cruisetour packages booked through Norwegian.

FCC will include all components of the reservation that have been paid, including but not limited to: shore excursions, beverage and dining packages (including associated gratuities), service charges and air or transfers pre purchased through Norwegian.Note any insurance purchased on existing bookings will not be included in the FCC amounT.
Edited by justhappy
Typos
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, justhappy said:
For all new and existing individual and group bookings that embark from March 10, 2020 through and including September 30, 2020:
  • Guests can cancel up until 48 hours prior to vacation start date. Cancelled reservations that occur prior to 48 hours to vacation date will receive a 100% future cruise credit (FCC) to be used for ANY Norwegian sailing embarking on or before December 31, 2022.Vacation start date includes any pre-hotel or Cruisetour packages booked through Norwegian.

FCC will include all components of the reservation that have been paid, including but not limited to: shore excursions, beverage and dining packages (including associated gratuities), service charges and air or transfers pre purchased through Norwegian.Note any insurance purchased on existing bookings will not be included in the FCC amounT.

How awful!!!!

Use to be that you get 100% refund (not FCC) for shore ex, dining packages, grats (drink, dining, DSC), purchased transfers, port charges, taxes. Now they are holding your money hostage. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tdkwong said:

this is fantastic! we are schedule for a Mar 22 voyage on Joy and the anxiety has been building since the Princess ship off San Fran was held up

Let it be known that Princess was lax in screening the passengers when they boarded the Grand Princess cruise on Feb 11, 2020 and this caused TWO elderly people to die from Coronavirus after they disembarked. 

When we embarked the Spirit in Civitavecchia on Feb 14 they checked our temp twice - once as we entered the terminal, and again before we went upstairs to the check-in area. And the check-in took longer as they had to take everyone's passports to the officials who checked each page for any questionable stamps.

4 minutes ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

How do they check a passenger's passport if nothing has ever been stamped?  Are the records of travel computerized?  TIA

The Civita terminal didn't have computerized travel records as our cruise was a one-off repositioning cruise.

It's interesting that those who have spent today pummelling NCL for 'doing nothing' have now turned silent.....despite the fact that NCL's policy extends a further year to end 2022. A huge well done to NCL.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

How do they check a passenger's passport if nothing has ever been stamped?  Are the records of travel computerized?  TIA

I don't know but I was just thinking while reading through some of these threads that I think we will see a change on global documentation requirements for anyone, anywhere boarding a cruise ship.  Wouldn't be surprised if everyone has to have a passport even if it's just a Caribbean jaunt.

2 minutes ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

I have had a passport for 6 yrs, and it has never be stamped, so am assuming my travels are logged in somewhere if they need to check.

Mine just expired in January after 10 years and was never stamped either.   I think the Passport Processing Office in Austin is going to get a good bit of business.

Now let's pray that the worst thing that happens to all of us this year will be filling out a couple of forms and writing a check.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 2

Well, we are sailing on March 8th. Haven't started travel yet, but as soon as I saw the policy change I called in. Technically we are at 48 hours, but they don't allow it prior to March 10th.

No flexibility. So we, from Seattle area, are left with 2 options - (1) throw away all our money, or (2) ignore government advice not to travel, avoid gatherings etc. Being from Seattle, an area with students who attend schools now closed and with most major businesses requiring anyone who can to work from home, why am I given no option but to continue with my travel or throw away my money. I am Latitudes Gold but this (if I go) will be my last NCL Cruise. Maybe I should escalate my case to Mike Pence for his meeting with the cruise lines tomorrow. What is the difference in terms of safety from doing it effective immediately or doing it next Tuesday - it just puts more people at risk. Of course, the obvious answer, is that it's about the money for NCL. Sad....

I note that Holland America also brought in a 3 day cancellation policy but also WAIVED the 3 day requirement for anyone with imminent sailings. Called NCL and escalated to a supervisor who fully understood but said that they have NO FLEXIBILITY in this policy. 

So, congratulations NCL for continuing to put people at risk

14 minutes ago, hamrag said:

It's interesting that those who have spent today pummelling NCL for 'doing nothing' have now turned silent.....despite the fact that NCL's policy extends a further year to end 2022. A huge well done to NCL.

Not really well done. They are not refunding any prepaid items (SDP and Specialty restaurant fees, taxes, port charges, etc.) like they did in the past for canceled cruises. Instead, they're holding all of that money hostage...just to entice you to book another cruise. Plus, on our May 3rd Mediterranean cruise we had free round-trip airfare to Europe and back. That won't carry over, either.

Edited by schmoopie17

We have been booked on an Alaska cruise in May. My concern has been twofold.

First - that the ports of call in Alaska are, in essence, small communities in an isolated area. The risk to those communities could be very high, with limited medical resources readily available. Therefore, I wonder if ships will be forced to skip the very ports that drew us to this cruise in the first place.

Second - that every person boarding the ship will come through Seattle where current cases have been concentrated.

We will happily postpone. 

31 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Let it be known that Princess was lax in screening the passengers when they boarded the Grand Princess cruise on Feb 11, 2020 and this caused TWO elderly people to die from Coronavirus after they disembarked. 

When we embarked the Spirit in Civitavecchia on Feb 14 they checked our temp twice - once as we entered the terminal, and again before we went upstairs to the check-in area. And the check-in took longer as they had to take everyone's passports to the officials who checked each page for any questionable stamps.

while there are restrictions for those coming from the excluded countries within 14 days, it doesn't stop anyone else who may have had contacted somebody within the Canada, U.S. etc from getting onboard, elevated temperatures or not. 

Yes, I know the risk is still low, but at least we have the option to make a decision without being a costly one.

• Like 1