Comin’ at you LIVE from Horizon 3/7-3/15

I thought I’d put this out there again. I enjoyed doing it a few months ago. This won’t be as in-depth of a live thread as others, I only do it in my spare time and our cruise comes first, but if anyone has any questions or comments about the Horizon, I’ll be checking in now & again.

After a very long drive that began yesterday morning (stopped overnight last night), we arrived at our Miami hotel this afternoon. Traffic in Atlanta yesterday was a nightmare as usual, made even worse by two accidents. South FL wasn’t any better...30-45 min. to drive 10 miles. Getting ready to have some pizza delivered soon, then we’re just relaxing after that drive. Some of my wife’s family are on the cruise too, but they’re in a different hotel.

Our hotel shuttle leaves for the port at 10am. We do have FTTF, so at least we won’t have to wait in the early/late line, but we’ll probably have to wait a while in the waiting area. That’s ok, we don’t mind waiting when there’s a cruise at the other end of the line.

This is our first time on the Horizon. In fact, our first time on a Vista class. We weren’t sure how we’d feel about this size ship, but wanted to experience it for ourselves. When it’s all said & done, at least we’ll know...and knowing is half the battle (obscure 80’s cartoon reference for those who caught that 😉).

Let’s get this party started! Well, after a good night’s sleep first. 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

This is our first time on the Horizon. In fact, our first time on a Vista class. We weren’t sure how we’d feel about this size ship, but wanted to experience it for ourselves. When it’s all said & done, at least we’ll know...and knowing is half the battle (obscure 80’s cartoon reference for those who caught that 😉).

A real American hero!! 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gettys84 said:

Enjoy the trip, make sure to check the Pizza Line for us!  We had a great time last April on the Horizon. You posted a few times in our “currently in the horizon” thread. 

Pizza line check! 🤣 Trust me, I remember your thread. I wasn’t so thrilled when my wife & her family members booked the Horizon because all I heard were horror stories about the crowded areas. It was your thread that made me feel better about it. We know we’ll need to show up pretty early to comedy and Playlist shows, which we’re not thrilled about having to do, but we’re going to make the best of it. Thanks for stopping by, Gettys.

Booked the 6 day on 3/29 today. Tuning in to this. Interested in if the sailing feels as crowded as "normal".  This will be our first time on Horizon or this class. Haven't sailed in a couple of years and CANNOT WAIT to get back on board. 

1 hour ago, soonernstlouis said:

OC are you in a Havana room?  I need some

motivation at this point with 7 months out with all that’s going on.  Appears you are Southern Caribbean based on 8 days.  We’ll only be 6 with Western.  Better than 30-40 with quarantine (lol).

Nope, no Havana. Just a regular ole Interior.

I’m all for an extended cruise, but I sure as heck don’t want one of those quarantined cruises.

1 hour ago, UGACamper said:

Booked the 6 day on 3/29 today. Tuning in to this. Interested in if the sailing feels as crowded as "normal".  This will be our first time on Horizon or this class. Haven't sailed in a couple of years and CANNOT WAIT to get back on board. 

I’ll definitely be offering my take on whether or not it feels crowded (to me). That’s what I have the most reservations about.

I will look forward to your review.  I don't know if you will be doing the same 6 day itinerary as the 7 of us (of course it can change because of this Coronaviris), but I will try to keep up on your posting while your doing it, as we plan to leave on the 15th.  I know several people have cancelled out, and we just say............that leaves MORE room for us!!! 🙂

8 hours ago, beshears said:

I will look forward to your review.  I don't know if you will be doing the same 6 day itinerary as the 7 of us (of course it can change because of this Coronaviris), but I will try to keep up on your posting while your doing it, as we plan to leave on the 15th.  I know several people have cancelled out, and we just say............that leaves MORE room for us!!! 🙂

We’re on the 8-day. I’m not too worried about corona. We’re trusting that Carnival is doing their part, and then some, but there’s only so much they can do. This bad bug is gonna do its thing. I’m more concerned about people with colds & flu getting through and keeping us from Grand Turk. Or passing it on to me. I caught the flu from the Valor back in December and that laid me up for a week. I don’t want a repeat.

• Like 1

OC, please post your opinion on a few currently relevant topics as you experience them:

•Pre-screening for temperature, ect and how that affected embarkation.  Miami is said to be one of the easiest ports to embark from & I wonder if the new process slows things down much.

•Any closures (shows), port changes, etc you are made aware of.

•Crowds or lack thereof.  If the lido pool isn’t masses of humanity we then know there were a lot of cancellations.

•Any special dining experiences you have; pictures are great.

•Overall how others are handling the situation (masks, being more clean-hand sanitizers, covering cough).

Have a great time!

Just found out our CD is Chris “Donkey” Salazar. The schedule I had last looked at on here said Mike Pack, who I heard was great, so I’m a bit disappointed. Anyone who’s had Donkey, what did you think?

Saw some questions, but we’re getting ready for muster in a minute, so I shall.

Captain announced during muster that they’re not even going to try Grand Turk because of their stronger restrictions, so we’ve been changed to Nassau. There were a whole lot of groans in the room. We’re disappointed, but after Magic’s trouble yesterday, I had a feeling it’d happen. So tomorrow is Nassau and Monday will be a sea day where GT was supposed to be. 

It doesn't look like they’re offering additional OBC on top of the $200/cabin everyone got. 

On a side note, we’re really rockin & rollin tonight.

• Like 1