Wifi calls on Norwegian Breakaway

bsb0301

I will be going on the Norwegian Breakaway in 4 weeks and have a few questions about the internet and using it for wifi calls.

1. If unlimited wifi is purchased does it stay logged on or do you have to keep re-logging in?

2. Can you use the internet to make wifi calls, not through apps just by turning on wifi calling on your phone?  If so do you need the premium or is the unlimited sufficient? 

I have been on a few Royal Caribbean ships and the internet issue is so much simpler and cheaper on them!

Thanks for your help!

You need the Premium Unlimited for wifi calls. 

If you have an unlimited plan, you can leave your phone logged in. Some phones/ships are better about keeping you logged in as you move about the ship. Some, you will drop and need to log back in periodically. 

If you are sharing a wifi plan between multiple devices, you will have to log off and let the next device log on. For example, my spouse and I share a single wifi plan between 5 devices (2 personal phones, 2 work phones, and an iPad). 

I was on Breakaway in January 2020. Used the platinum plus minutes to make wifi calls but only through WhatsApp, which I see you are not interested in. We made the calls near the atrium during times we considered to be off peak. We had no connection issues and did experience a one or two second delay while speaking to the other party.

Thank you... I have 5 people going on this cruise and I'm trying to find the most cost effect way for all of us to still be able to use our phones as if we were at home.  On our last 2 Royal Caribbean cruises it was simple, buy the wifi package, turn phones on airplane mode, turn on wifi calling, cellar data off and was able to use our phones as normal.  The cost for 4 devices was only 32.99 total per person (they have deals for multiple devices).  This will only be my second Norwegian cruise (first one we just didn't use our phones) and although I prefer Norwegian over Royal, I am definitely not impressed with the cost of internet or the packages!