Samana question

Good morning everyone. Sorry for posting here, but there doesn't seem to be a roll call for our cruise, which sails from Montego Bay in just over 3 weeks (31st March). One of the stops is listed as Samana (Caya Levantado), but I'm struggling to find any information on whether we are anchoring off of Caya Levantado or not. The shore information on this website would seem to suggest that if we're not, then we won't be able to access Caya Levantado at all. However why include it in the title of the stop, as our itinerary does, if we can't access it? Marella customer service didn't help, just sent me the link to shore excursions which told me nothing! So I'm hoping that someone out there might know....?

Also whilst writing, could I ask about Amber Cove? I believe it's a private resort for Carnival Cruises but we're docking there as well. I'm assuming that we will have access to the resort, or is that a false assumption...?

Thanks in advance for any information, unfortunately my family assume that I will plan activities for every port!

Nicola

I checked on google earth and Caya Levantado is a small island off the Dominican Republic. It appears to be mostly hotel/cabins but there is a public beach. Samana is on a larger island about 5 miles away but the map appears to show it would be a tender port. beaches on that island as well

Samana is a port on the Dominican Republic not on an island off the DR We berthed  so no tender when we were there

Caya Lavantado is a very small island off Samana which I'm sure you can get a boat to in the port if not with TUI There are some lovely beaches there

Amber Cove as you say is a man made cruise terminal and other than shops, restaurants etc not much more There is a pool and bar The beach has to be reached by leaving the port It can be seen from the port but you can't get to it as it's fenced off You have to pay to use it