Diamond members on RC

kiek

We went from Elite to Diamond and have done two excellent Royal C. cruises.  Loved the Diamond happy hour, which runs from 5-830.  It is better than the Elite happy hour 5-7.  On both of our Royal C cruises, we have never had to purchase an alcoholic drink, since we can order wine at dinner (as long as it is prior to 8:30).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

elite on Celebrity gets you mimosas and bloody marys at the elite breakfast, and there’s no comparable morning benefit on royalcaribbean

Exactly my point about choice..I'm  not usually a day drinker, even on vacation, so I prefer a longer happy hour at night. 

19 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

IMO, RC definitely has the richer loyalty program (at that level), but X has a superior product and overall experience.

Everybody can compare the benefits two lines and decide what works best for them. 

Agree. We like the similarities and the differences between the two programs. 

Do like the ability to cross between Royal and Celebrity and get some benefits.  Whatever we get, we consider a nice plus.  Hope to make Diamond Plus and Elite Plus in next couple of years and then know that we have maxed out to our highest level on each cruise line.  

We have too many land based trips we like doing especially with our granddaughters. 🙂

Edited by shipshape sam

22 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

elite on Celebrity gets you mimosas and bloody marys at the elite breakfast, and there’s no comparable morning benefit on royalcaribbean

If you like that, I understand, but we don't drink alcohol until happy hour.

Yes, Celebrity has better dining and I love the ship layout of their M and S class ships.  However, Royal C has better entertainment.   I always compare both lines as well as NCL (our third ranked preference) and Princess (never done them) before booking.  If all have similar itineraries, we book the best deal (price).