In Miami. Need encouragement

puglady12

I’m in Miami with hubby and two kids. About to board the Seaside. At one point I said let’s not get on this ship and rent a car and go to Universal or something.  
We decided we’re going to get on the ship but I’m so worried about getting quarantined on it for weeks.  
I really need words of encouragement to get on this ship today!!!!

Sailed Seaside twice and it is a fabulous ship, go and enjoy the cruise. Worrying about it all will spoil it, hopefully you will have our favourite waiter Holmes. Have a great cruise.

We just got off the Seaside this morning, I’m in the airport now. No issues onboard and honestly felt removed from the Coronavirus craziness while on the cruise last week. There are sanitizer stations everywhere and we washed our hands frequently. Have a great trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, puglady12 said:

I’m in Miami with hubby and two kids. About to board the Seaside. At one point I said let’s not get on this ship and rent a car and go to Universal or something.  
We decided we’re going to get on the ship but I’m so worried about getting quarantined on it for weeks.  
I really need words of encouragement to get on this ship today!!!!

I'm at the airport after getting off about an hour ago.  It was truly a wonderful week and you'll notice how thorough the staff is with keeping her clean.  But the seas were a bit rough on the way in this morning. 9ft seas with the ship moving at a crawl made it difficult to sleep.

Oh, and Ocean Cay is a seriously gorgeous island.  The day there alone is worth hopping on the ship.

And if you are worried about quarantine, a theme park with people coming and going daily is far, far riskier than a cruise ship.

• Like 1

Yes hubby said the exact thing about theme parks!! 
we’re actually going to St Thomas, PR and Bahamas but I’m supposed to be on Seaside again in May going to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Mexico. 

1 minute ago, puglady12 said:

Ooh one more question!! How did you get off the ship so early and to the airport?

we have a noon flight home so definitely don’t want to miss it! 

We were in the YC but there were several who weren’t that got off fine early as well. We got cleared a little early, just before 7am. Last week they said it was 7:30am. Just be ready around 7 and it’s quicker to walk off with your luggage if possible instead of leaving it outside on the last night. Then you don’t have to search for it before customs. If you do need to leave it outside of your room, you should still be fine to make your flight though. We left ours outside our room and we were still in an Uber at 7:40 and at FLL at 8:10. 

I was YC as well.  But yeah work with guest services as soon as you board to make sure you get it worked out.  They'll either get you on the earliest group or just tell you to walk off.

But mind you, our flight is at 10:30.  We didn't have to wait in the line on the ship (much to the chagrin of an annoyed woman who barked at us for "cutting the line" and threatening to speak with security as our Butler made room for us.... Idiot), but from the minute we stepped on the gangway, we were in a taxi within about 20 minutes.  Not terrible, but it could be a lot worse later.

19 minutes ago, jimmyjackson said:

We were in the YC but there were several who weren’t that got off fine early as well. We got cleared a little early, just before 7am. Last week they said it was 7:30am. Just be ready around 7 and it’s quicker to walk off with your luggage if possible instead of leaving it outside on the last night. Then you don’t have to search for it before customs. If you do need to leave it outside of your room, you should still be fine to make your flight though. We left ours outside our room and we were still in an Uber at 7:40 and at FLL at 8:10. 

hey jimmy great report since you just got off the ship.  can you anwser  are the guys ok to wear shorts in the dinning rooms at night and thur out the ship.   nice shorts and collard shirt i mean.  i get different reports when i ask  thanks so much

Just now, alanchar said:

hey jimmy great report since you just got off the ship.  can you anwser  are the guys ok to wear shorts in the dinning rooms at night and thur out the ship.   nice shorts and collard shirt i mean.  i get different reports when i ask  thanks so much

There were people in the YC restaurant with shorts last night.

1 minute ago, Beardface said:

There were people in the YC restaurant with shorts last night.

thanks so i assume if in the YC  you for can in the regular resturants most people go to thanks

23 minutes ago, alanchar said:

I think it’s hit or miss on the shorts. We saw a guy get turned away. His kids had shorts and they were fine but the Dad had to go change. 

8 hours ago, jimmyjackson said:

We just got off the Seaside this morning, I’m in the airport now. No issues onboard and honestly felt removed from the Coronavirus craziness while on the cruise last week. There are sanitizer stations everywhere and we washed our hands frequently. Have a great trip!

You are encouraging.  We leave March 21.  Been on Seaside 3 times and do love the YC.  Have been looking forward to the trip for a long time......