Cruise Credit & Calculation and use of FCC (merged)

chromered7

On 3/7/2020 at 11:47 AM, chromered7 said:

How soon can you book another cruise if you accept Cruise Credit?

Hello, 

When we cancelled yesterday, they offered me to roll our reservation to a new one.... since there was no incentive to do so (ie OBC, etc.) we chose not to and took the FCC and 25% refund because we had more than 35 days to go. So If you want to reserve on the spot I think you could.

have a great Sunday

Edited by vana
  • Like 2

I have just spoken to my TA , to ask about the FCC details should I wish to cancel. 

They have stated that although I am in the 90-61 day bracket, I will only receive FCC, not the 50% refund and 50% FCC.

They also stated that I could use it to book a cruise in 2022 as long as I booked it before 31st December 2021.  (Which I don’t think is correct)

Has anyone from the UK cancelled and actually  received a refund? 

5 hours ago, gonecroozin said:

I have just spoken to my TA , to ask about the FCC details should I wish to cancel. 

They have stated that although I am in the 90-61 day bracket, I will only receive FCC, not the 50% refund and 50% FCC.

They also stated that I could use it to book a cruise in 2022 as long as I booked it before 31st December 2021.  (Which I don’t think is correct)

Has anyone from the UK cancelled and They have stated that although I am in the 90-61 day bracket, I will only receive FCC, not the 50% refund and 50% FCC.actually  received a refund? 

I am 100 days out from June 18 cruise.  If I cancel today, due I get 50% refund and 50% FCC.  

5 minutes ago, lasvegaswinner1 said:

I am 100 days out from June 18 cruise.  If I cancel today, due I get 50% refund and 50% FCC.  

Thank you lasvegaswinner1.

This was my understanding too, I need to speak to my TA again and see if they can double check their information.

It might make my decision of whether to cancel or not a bit easier.

11 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

What happens if you cancel your cruise and part of the cost is covered by free nights earned through the loyalty program?  Do I get to apply those free nights to a future cruise?

Your earned free nights will be returned to your account. 

But keep in mind they have a one year expiration timeframe. 

This is from the Azamara Circle webpage: 

• Voyages with complimentary nights must be reserved within 1 year from when the loyalty member moves up in tier. (Note: This 1 year expiration date is the book by date, not the sail date.)

3 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

• Voyages with complimentary nights must be reserved within 1 year from when the loyalty member moves up in tier. (Note: This 1 year expiration date is the book by date, not the sail date.)

Bonnie

Can that be flagged up for review as the majority of people will lose their free nights through no fault of their own. Most will be beyond that one year point given we are approaching sail date.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

That date has come and gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

Bonnie

Can that be flagged up for review as the majority of people will lose their free nights through no fault of their own. Most will be beyond that one year point given we are approaching sail date.  

I certainly will flag it. I fully expect our team will be flexible on the expiration date on a case-by-case basis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Bonnie

We earned 4 free nights which were being used against a b2b cruise booked on board in August 2018 but sailing April/May 2020.

Azamara cancelled the first leg of our cruise to charter the ship, which was where the 4 free nights were being used. They transferred our 4 free nights to the second leg, which we are taking up the cancelling option due the coronavirus.  

We are quite prepared to take a FCC but we would also like our 4 free nights reinstated for the future cruise. We also have a $AU450 Refer and Receive Credit.   We are wanting to transfer our FCC to a cruise in January but if you're saying that the 4 free nights have to be used within the 12 month period, will we  lose these?  

9 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

I certainly will flag it. I fully expect our team will be flexible on the expiration date on a case-by-case basis.

That’s good, but doesn’t case by case increase the workload, why not say all free nights roll over?  Just a suggestion given that Azamara seems to be struggling to cope in these unprecedented times, so make one thing easier (and communicate it to save multiple emails arriving). Trying to help here!

• Like 3

On 3/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, BBMacLaird said:

I am compiling a list of all the questions on this forum since we announced our Cruise With Confidence

I hope to have answers on Monday or Tuesday. 

Bonnie 

it appears that Azamara has changed their cancellation policy again this morning and is now offering only future cruise credit no matter how early you cancel a cruise departing in May. My cruise departs May 14 and I am still in the 50% window so was expecting 50% cash refund and 50% FCC. However, the Azamara agent told my TA that their policy was changed just this morning and all refunds would now be FCC only. I asked her to elevate this to a supervisor to clarify as I have found many of the Azamara agents do not know what they are talking about, however also want to bring this to your attention and to the attention of others on cruise critic.

Can you add this to the issues you are trying to clarify? This is giving me a very bad opinion of Azamara customer service even though the onboard experience is excellent.

thank you,

anne

• Like 1

This may not be a popular opinion, but IMO: You should NOT get both.  Either Cancel and get a 50% refund (standard cancellation policy) or cancel and take the 100% FCC using the “Cruise with Confidence” new policy.  You shouldn’t benefit (50% refund and 50% FCC) because of the world wide health and virus issue.  

Edited by texasgolds

1 minute ago, texasgolds said:

This may not be a popular opinion, but IMO: You should NOT get both.  Either Cancel and get a 50% refund (standard cancellation policy) or cancel and take the 100% FCC using the “Cruise with Confidence” new policy.  You shouldn’t benefit (50% refund and 50% FCC) because of the world wide health and virus issue.  

Thank you for your opinion. However, since Azamara’s original policy was to allow for a split in cash and FCC (if applicable) up until yesterday, they should have notified travel agents before they changed it so that cruisers could make an informed decision before cancelling a cruise. 

There would have been no point in cancelling early to get the same 100% FCC I would have gotten anyway by waiting and I would not have done so under those circumstances. I did not cancel merely to benefit from Azamara’s new policy, but rather because I am concerned about the risks of traveling right now considering my personal circumstances,

In any case, if Azamara publishes a new policy, they should notify customers and travel agents of any substantive changes in a timely manner so people can decide the best course to take using accurate and current information.

• Like 3

Just re-read Azamara’s “Cruise with Confidence” policy and don’t see anywhere written you can get both a “cash” refund and FCC?  It clearly only says 100% FCC.  It does sound like some travelers were able to get both which was good for them. 

All this being said, totally understand the frustrations and concerns with this situation.  We are scheduled for our 1st ever cruise, Azamara Journey, Italy Intensive, leaving June 4th.  “Bucket List” trip we have been planning (and saving) for 2 years. Not much we can do but wait it out and hope things improve for everyone. 

2 minutes ago, texasgolds said:

Just re-read Azamara’s “Cruise with Confidence” policy and don’t see anywhere written you can get both a “cash” refund and FCC?  It clearly only says 100% FCC.  It does sound like some travelers were able to get both which was good for them. 

All this being said, totally understand the frustrations and concerns with this situation.  We are scheduled for our 1st ever cruise, Azamara Journey, Italy Intensive, leaving June 4th.  “Bucket List” trip we have been planning (and saving) for 2 years. Not much we can do but wait it out and hope things improve for everyone. 

i guess they must have updated their policy this morning. In any case, I wish you good luck and just remember that Italy will still be there next year (hopefully) and will probably need your tourist dollars more than ever. My friend who lives in Ravenna and is a tour guide there says things are very difficult for them. I plan to visit there as soon as it is safe to travel to lend support to their wonderful country and people.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, BBMacLaird said:

I am compiling a list of all the questions on this forum since we announced our Cruise With Confidence

I hope to have answers on Monday or Tuesday. 

Hello Bonnie,

We have a couple of cruises already booked and would like to ask a few questions:

Q1. We are currently booked on a cruise, where a Future Cruise Certificate was applied.
If we need to cancel, do we get it back ? 

Q2. The Cruise With Confidence policy currently applies to cruise sailing up to 31st July 2020. Will this date be reviewed as the virus situation develops ? Our cruise departs 1st August 2020.

Q3. We have another cruise booked for 2021, when hopefully this virus situation will be resolved.
If our 2020 cruise need to be cancelled and we get back the original Future Cruise Certificate, we wondered whether it could be applied to the 2021 cruise. We acknowledge that current policy is that an FCC cannot be applied to an existing booking, but wondered if this might be relaxed with the consequences of the current situation.

Q4. On our 2020 cruise booked we have been granted a substantial OBC. If this cruise needs to cancelled would this OBC be transferable to another cruise. Our existing 2021 cruise or would it be a new booking ?

4 hours ago, Bromley said:

Hello Bonnie,

We have a couple of cruises already booked and would like to ask a few questions:

Q1. We are currently booked on a cruise, where a Future Cruise Certificate was applied.
If we need to cancel, do we get it back ? 

Q2. The Cruise With Confidence policy currently applies to cruise sailing up to 31st July 2020. Will this date be reviewed as the virus situation develops ? Our cruise departs 1st August 2020.

Q3. We have another cruise booked for 2021, when hopefully this virus situation will be resolved.
If our 2020 cruise need to be cancelled and we get back the original Future Cruise Certificate, we wondered whether it could be applied to the 2021 cruise. We acknowledge that current policy is that an FCC cannot be applied to an existing booking, but wondered if this might be relaxed with the consequences of the current situation.

Q4. On our 2020 cruise booked we have been granted a substantial OBC. If this cruise needs to cancelled would this OBC be transferable to another cruise. Our existing 2021 cruise or would it be a new booking ?

Dear Bromley,

I am unprepared to answer questions just yet. But given your cruises are in August 2020 and beyond, I ask for your patience.

I'm sure there will be plenty of updates well before you're within final payment. 

Please ask me again when we get close to that date, if you haven't had your questions answered.

And thank you for your loyalty to Azamara. We really appreciate it ❤️

• Like 1

Why not just get another tour? I any case its better to stay with your cash then lend it to a company that will take control of your time. 25% refund does not sound good as well. I would prefer getting full coverage insurance. These days its very important. Id rather get 75-100% refund then try to plan another tour with a company’ cruiser. I mean, I might just go to Cancun or smth or even stay at home and enjoy good restaurants with my wife with this cash