Cruise Critic Community
Cannavaro

Royal Princess Update

Just saw the conference with the Chief Medical Officer after the Pence announcement: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpKkQDAoeVJj

So 1 crew member from the Grand transferred about two weeks ago to the Royal staff but isn't showing any symptoms. I found in another forum that they aren't letting the ship disembark until they test that crew member. Can anyone confirm please?

I was on the 2/22 sailing for the Royal, two days before said crew member joined the staff so rather anxious about this one. Thanks for any info. 

Reading the roll call for that cruise, they have let the passenger disembark, but have not embarked today's departing passengers. They are waiting, without much food, in the cruise terminal

6 minutes ago, Cannavaro said:

Just saw the conference with the Chief Medical Officer after the Pence announcement: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpKkQDAoeVJj

So 1 crew member from the Grand transferred about two weeks ago to the Royal staff but isn't showing any symptoms. I found in another forum that they aren't letting the ship disembark until they test that crew member. Can anyone confirm please?

I was on the 2/22 sailing for the Royal, two days before said crew member joined the staff so rather anxious about this one. Thanks for any info. 

passengers disembarked on schedule. our group was scheduled for 8:30. we left at 8:25.

Oh okay thanks, so the next group is stuck waiting at the port... Still wondering if they will/are testing the crew member in question. 

It sounds as if they may not depart today

1 minute ago, debsjc said:

It sounds as if they may not depart today

Guess we'll find out at 5 pm PST

It’s still in port. Saw a vehicle with flashing lights coming towards her. 

4 minutes ago, Pamster said:

It’s still in port. Saw a vehicle with flashing lights coming towards her. 

Announcement was supposed to be at 5 PM... Behind schedule plus those  flashing lights doesn't sound good ;(

Crossing my fingers. 

I'm so sorry for those whose cruise was cancelled, especially those who travelled far to take it.  But better to be disappointed by a cancellation than to be sick and/or quarantined.

4 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

Cruise is cancelled

1 minute ago, kayawildfire said:

Screenshot_20200307-195252_Twitter.thumb.jpg.006bdb4f5514f25f5e3efa8a867abddd.jpg

They had to of tested the crew member. I don't see any other reason why. Or the piers are contaminated? Why not let them leave.

Whst?  Why cannot you leave terminal if cruise cancelled.  waiting to get luggage should be fun.  Sorry to hear your cruise cancelled.  

Man, oh, man. I'm sorry for all those on this now cancelled cruise. However health of others come first. Hang tight Princess!!!

1 minute ago, Cannavaro said:

They had to of tested the crew member. I don't see any other reason why. Or the piers are contaminated? Why not let them leave.

This is setting up to be a bad situation.  Could get ugly quick.   Hopefully, there will not be anyone who tries to leave.

Was just reading out that the news stated that the carnival panorama also in Long Beach has not gotten authority from officials to leave either as they have a medical matter.

6 minutes ago, kayawildfire said:

Screenshot_20200307-195252_Twitter.thumb.jpg.006bdb4f5514f25f5e3efa8a867abddd.jpg

I’m sitting still in the terminal waiting for my deck to be called to pick up luggage didn’t here any announcement about being arrested for leaving. 

3 minutes ago, sgacruiser said:

This is setting up to be a bad situation.  Could get ugly quick.   Hopefully, there will not be anyone who tries to leave.

You have thousands of hungry people who were expecting to hit the buffet hours ago when they boarded. Some skipped breakfast.  Someone is going to try and leave.

When did they say people were not allowed to leave.  Is this recent or have they been forbidden from leaving for several hours already?  Reading the roll call it seems like they may have been told not to leave for several hours already.  Maybe Princess suspected this could happen, but wouldn’t say outright.  They reportedly sent an email telling people not to come to the port because there weren’t enough chairs and offering 15 dollars onboard credit to make up for them having lunch somewhere...they were being encouraged to have lunch somewhere and not go to the port.

3 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

I’m sitting still in the terminal waiting for my deck to be called to pick up luggage didn’t here any announcement about being arrested for leaving. 

It isn't my tweet, you probably know more accurate info about the situation than I do honestly. 

Would love some clarification on WHY it was cancelled. Did that 1 crew member test positive or not? 

This is all so upsetting. Without more, I think it was very unfair to cancel this cruise for no seemingly justifiable reason.