Royal Princess Update

Cannavaro

7 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Except testing this person just once will not really rule out much.  Obviously, if he tests positive, he needs to be isolated.  If he tests negative, he could still be infected, but early in the course of infection.  So I have no idea what the plan is.

If he tests negative, I wouldn't be worried.  It has been well over 14 days since he was on the Grand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

Yes

7 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

But didn't the passengers already get off and only the b2b were still on?

Wouldn't it have made sense to keep them on the royal....now they are all traveling home to infect more...?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

If he tests negative, I wouldn't be worried.  It has been well over 14 days since he was on the Grand

If he was working on Royal Princess the whole time, just testing this person is not enough.  And the incubation period of this virus is not as well understood...the current guess is 1-14 days.  So if he tests negative, there are three possibilities:  1) he never contracted the disease, b)he has already recovered from the disease, c) he is has the virus but testing negative....so testing just this person does not rule anything out.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

Correct... He boarded the crew 2 days before my sailing on 2/22/20. 

I'm glad they are testing him officially instead of relying he has no symptoms and if the test didn't come back in time then that's definitely good enough reason to stop the sailing. Sorry for all that were scheduled to depart; the whole ordeal really sucks but better to be safe than sorry.

Now for my sailing and the sailing that just disembarked today... let us pray it comes back negative. 

• Like 2

I fail to understand why people are determined to go on these cruises when they know about all the bad things that can happen. In fact, I am stunned. I have been on over 25 cruises and there is no way I would go on one now. Does the government have to step in? It looks like it is already happening. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Does the government have to step in?

I am starting to lean towards yes, they do. 

Infected, or potentially infected cruises are going to put a major burden on local health services right as they need to be preparing for this crisis. Thousands of people to quarantine and manage. 

The cruise industry will be weakening communities ability to respond as the spread within the US begins. The entitled attitude being presented by some cruisers on twitter about todays cancelled cruise is way out of touch. 

Edited by dennism
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I can't see anything about Ruby in our local media. Will keep checking. Seems rather late as it's already 2.45 here and ships berth usually around 6am. 

Yes please update us when you find something out. Cheers!

26 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Whats the reason given?

Also in Sydney waiting to board Ruby.  We were allowed to check in but told to come back at 5 to board.   We were told there was a "medical issue " onboard that was being dealt with,  but not Corona.   Since the previous passengers did disembark,  that sounds right,  but still wondering what's going on.

Just now, MFR said:

Also in Sydney waiting to board Ruby.  We were allowed to check in but told to come back at 5 to board.   We were told there was a "medical issue " onboard that was being dealt with,  but not Corona.   Since the previous passengers did disembark,  that sounds right,  but still wondering what's going on.

that’s the exact same thing they were saying about the Royal this morning. “medical issue”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I can't see anything about Ruby in our local media. Will keep checking. Seems rather late as it's already 2.45 here and ships berth usually around 6am. 

Ruby's already in her berth at Circular Quay, but it sounds like they're not allowing anybody to embark or disembark.

rubyprincess.png.9d05569d9a09ad05dba2270cf06ed357.png

A guy I used  to work with had a line he used when customers would not accept  reason. After he had explained everything twice and they still would not acept his explanation he simply said, “ Everything in this world is not always the way we would like it to be” 

It usually worked. I know many people are determined to go on their cruise because its their vacation,many  cant get time off at another time or they are bored and need some relief. 

The-bottom line is your life is likely to be much worse if you go. The money issue is no longer valid. 

26 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

Pence stated that they are testing "the crew" which I take to mean more than just one crew member - I think that the plan is to test all crew members, but who knows?

"We are tracking at this point a ship that may have shared crew with the Diamond Princess or Grand Princess and we have taken decisive action to hold until we do a full medical assessment of the crew on that ship and we’ll just continue to lean into this effort,” 

https://wsvn.com/news/us-world/pence-says-us-tracking-another-cruise-ship-over-coronavirus-concerns/

4 minutes ago, MFR said:

Fingers crossed for you. Could be something completely different. I'd expect the media to have picked it up as it's Sydney so media centric. 

2 minutes ago, SedNabokos said:

Ruby's already in her berth at Circular Quay, but it sounds like they're not allowing anybody to embark or disembark.

rubyprincess.png.9d05569d9a09ad05dba2270cf06ed357.png

Circular Quay is smack in the middle of Sydney. If there was a Corona Issue I'd have thought they would have been sent to White Bay mooring. And I cannot imagine NSW letting any risky people disembarking. 

Edited by Pushka

5 minutes ago, MFR said:

Yes that is the exact verbiage used for the Royal Princess. Perhaps it's a crew member that's ill. That was was happened with the Royal Princess today. Perhaps Australia can test faster than USA.