Hampton Inn Brickell or Hotel Croydon?

EeyoreRN

We are flying into FLL on a Saturday morning for a Monday embarkation out of port Miami in January.  

We have 2 hotel reservations for the 2 nights and have to choose one. The Hampton Inn is really highly recommended here and I've never heard about Hotel Croyton.  It is on Miami Beach about 1 block inland with beach access and chairs. Croyton is about $100 cheaper but does not include breakfast. 

Anyone with experience?  We are new to sailing out of Miami.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you looked at TripAdvisor?

Yes.  More concerned about one area vs. the other.  Downtown vs beach, pros and cons.  And while most of the reviews of hotel Croydon are really positive there are a few clunkers, I trust CCers.

Thanks!

Without looking at reviews its an easy decisions. Croydon if you #1 concern is going to the beach. Hampton Inn if you want to walk around shop/eat and be a bit closer to the port. Croydon you'll need to hope in an Uber/Lyft to head to the more walkable areas of town. 

We have stayed at that Hampton Inn twice.  We love the hotel itself...  however, next time we might find somewhere either in a more interesting neighborhood, or closer to the port.  I know people say there is lots to do nearby, but we prefer stuff within a short walking distance, and see just didn’t find a lot there (other than amazing restaurants :))

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We have stayed at that Hampton Inn twice.  We love the hotel itself...  however, next time we might find somewhere either in a more interesting neighborhood, or closer to the port.  I know people say there is lots to do nearby, but we prefer stuff within a short walking distance, and see just didn’t find a lot there (other than amazing restaurants :))

There is a large transportation hub just 3 blocks from the hotel, that can take you just about anywhere in the area...sometimes for free, and is also a pretty direct connection to the airport. We spent 4 days in Miami last July at the Hampton, and didn't need a car. We went to baseball games, and generally toured Miami. All from the transport hub.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:05 AM, CruiserBruce said:

There is a large transportation hub just 3 blocks from the hotel, that can take you just about anywhere in the area...sometimes for free, and is also a pretty direct connection to the airport. We spent 4 days in Miami last July at the Hampton, and didn't need a car. We went to baseball games, and generally toured Miami. All from the transport hub.

I completely get that.  But, we love a hotel that has lots of stuff within walking distance...