hotels or all inclusives vs cruises for corona virus

bingomamma19

So listening to all the panic about cruises and the corona virus got me to thinking about hotels or all inclusives for vacations.

What is the difference in the risk?  You are all there in the same place for several days, using the same facilities.    Except people are coming and going constantly, which would make it seem impossible to actually control an outbreak if some who has the virus has been there.   Seems like it would actually be a more inviting situation for an outbreak.    And if you were quarantined there, you would also just be stuck in your room.

IMO, this whole idea of quarantining is going to become a mute point very soon. So many people will have been exposed by people who have no or very mild symptoms that there will be no way to isolate it. We may already be at that point as it is. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

IMO, this whole idea of quarantining is going to become a mute point very soon. So many people will have been exposed by people who have no or very mild symptoms that there will be no way to isolate it. We may already be at that point as it is. 

Thats what i think also.   It will get too big to quarantine and then we will deal with it like the flu or a bad cold.   Those who are most vulnerable will have to take extra caution, but most of the people will be just fine.

• Like 1

My opinion is that airports will be one of the most likely sources for spreading the virus.  I think it's inevitable. Thankfully, the majority of cases should be mild, based on the known statistics.  And this is with many, many cases unreported.  I think the mild percentage will increase as more people get tested.  Cruise or no cruise, I think people are just as likely to pick it up in an airport and later even in their supermarket.  Just like the flu.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

So listening to all the panic about cruises and the corona virus got me to thinking about hotels or all inclusives for vacations.

What is the difference in the risk?  You are all there in the same place for several days, using the same facilities.    Except people are coming and going constantly, which would make it seem impossible to actually control an outbreak if some who has the virus has been there.   Seems like it would actually be a more inviting situation for an outbreak.    And if you were quarantined there, you would also just be stuck in your room.

I expect we are going to see the same thing with all inclusive shortly. 

As I mentioned to you before about a public health officer, communal living is a bigger risk than just being out in regular public.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

As I mentioned to you before about a public health officer, communal living is a bigger risk than just being out in regular public.  

And so will flying on airplanes, riding on busses, riding on subways etc.  

You cant shut down the planet, so its something we will just have to learn to deal with and take personal precautions as necessary.   This will pass and in a year people will barely remember what all the hype was about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

And so will flying on airplanes, riding on busses, riding on subways etc.  

You cant shut down the planet, so its something we will just have to learn to deal with and take personal precautions as necessary.   This will pass and in a year people will barely remember what all the hype was about.

I agree we can't shut down the world.  

But like I said, my information from high official in public health is that there is more risk in communal living than in being out in public.  

Right now the focus here is still on containment as opposed to mitigation.  Eventually that will change. 

My point was we will eventually see the same thing in all inclusive (you may not have seen my other posts saying that I plan to go ahead with my cruise next month and think I'm arguing against it). 

• Like 1

My husbands client canceled their AI Cabo presidents club conference last night. I think we are still at the tip of the iceberg here. Right now Italy is quarantining entire cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree we can't shut down the world.  

But like I said, my information from high official in public health is that there is more risk in communal living than in being out in public.  
Right now the focus here is still on containment as opposed to mitigation.  Eventually that will change. 

My point was we will eventually see the same thing in all inclusive (you may not have seen my other posts saying that I plan to go ahead with my cruise next month and think I'm arguing against it). 

I agree with you. We are still in containment mode in an attempt to slow it down enough that the healthcare system doesn’t collapse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums