Ovation March 14th Sri Lanka

oceanviewer21

Celebrity Constellation cruise due to depart Dubai on 17 March to ports in Sri Lanka and India has been cancelled due to cruise ships being banned from docking in India.

Seabourn Ovation has two ports of call in India so I expect your cruise will have its itinerary changed again or it will be cancelled.

We have our documents and labels and the itinerary was sent through by Seabourn by email again last week. But now see that UAE have closed their ports as well. We’re also leaving shortly so hope for some communication soon....

I wish Seabourn would put something on their website if only to say these ports have closed and we are working on a way forward. Their last entry was the 27th February. Without Cruise Critic we wouldn't know about these looming problems. Communication is not their strong point.

I spoke to Seabourn an hour or so ago. No useful information whatsoever. I asked exactly where it was now going, being most of the ports are now closed . The response was, “ give them time “. Not acceptable in my mind as I’d have to leave Wednesday evening. Also, was told whether I cancel, or they cancel it’s going to be a FCC ! They’re definitely not being proactive, or doing the right thing ,
SilverSea just cancelled their March 15th cruise from Mumbai- Dubai- Athens . They gave a full refund and 25% FCC ! Sorry Seabourn, I love you, appreciate the difficulty of your situation, but leaving us hanging. We’re in a difficult situation too !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

13 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

I spoke to Seabourn an hour or so ago. No useful information whatsoever. I asked exactly where it was now going, being most of the ports are now closed . The response was, “ give them time “. Not acceptable in my mind as I’d have to leave Wednesday evening. Also, was told whether I cancel, or they cancel it’s going to be a FCC ! They’re definitely not being proactive, or doing the right thing ,
SilverSea just cancelled their March 15th cruise from Mumbai- Dubai- Athens . They gave a full refund and 25% FCC ! Sorry Seabourn, I love you, appreciate the difficulty of your situation, but leaving us hanging. We’re in a difficult situation too !

Wow this is disturbing. We are due on Encore after you and watching to see what happens - this is shocking. Maybe share on main board as well to give others an idea of the lack of response from SB.

11 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Same here we leave in 17 hours with no inkling of what they are thinking. The back office seem particularly unhelpful. I know it must be a nightmare for them, but it is for us and we are the customers. I personally think the company has made too many cutbacks and is close to breaking point as far as organisation is concerned  As someone said earlier "Fourth Seabourn cruise for us. Great cruise and great ship with jerks running the corporate office."

I also called Seabourn and was told that it's still proceeding as planned. When I inquired about Dubai's port closure, she noted "how do they know the port will still be closed as it's 22 days after sailing".  This is my first Seabourn cruise. I had talked my parents into joining us, but since my father is on Oxygen (and with the CDC's recommendation), they made the decision to cancel yesterday. 

Okay Seabourn - I'm packed and ready to leave my house in less than 13 hours to begin our series of 4 flights to get to Colombo. I'm going if you're going! Please don't let me down and cancel once I begin my travels. 

Seattle said there would be a communication by close of (their ) business today about the cruise but so far nothing - agree with the comment about corporate office!

D

Got the confirmation of cancellation letter this evening. I also should mention that they did the right thing by giving full refund and 25% FCC.  Now if I only can get Turkish  Airlines to be more flexible with a refund . Hopefully when things settle back to normal we’ll see you all on another cruise. Best of luck to all! 

Bob & Linda

Presume she will dock Colombo on 13/14th to fuel up and then will head slowly to Dubai for the April 5th Dubai-Athens leg, and await whatever the fates will bring then.

I wonder if Oceanviewer21 got the news of cancellation before taking off for Colombo?

Edited by Flamin_June
always tinkering