Covid-19 Cancellation Policies

36 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Kudos to Viking. They have cancelled all river and ocean cruises until 30th April. Two options, full cash refund or FCC for 125% of monies paid. If the FCC is not used within 2 years then you get the 100% refund as cash. Amazing. 

That is fantastic.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Kudos to Viking. They have cancelled all river and ocean cruises until 30th April. Two options, full cash refund or FCC for 125% of monies paid. If the FCC is not used within 2 years then you get the 100% refund as cash. Amazing. 

The bar has been set. Can others meet or better the offer. Or just bury their head in the sand? Well done Viking.

4 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

The bar has been set. Can others meet or better the offer. Or just bury their head in the sand? Well done Viking.

Agree. And they were first and getting kudos amongst all the Brand cruiselines. I expect most will just accept the FCC which means they will keep their cash flow to some extent. 

• Like 1

Well done Viking. I hope other lines follow. 

If things don’t change, we won’t be taking our cruise to the South Pacific next summer. I’ll wait for the final payment date and make a decision. We will lose our deposit but it’s only a few hundred dollars which is not ideal, but it won’t ruin us. 

Crystal are starting to cancel cruises. So far just the remaining Serenity world cruise sectors but I think (hope) more will follow. They are offering a full refund plus a 25% FCC that can be used on cruises up to the end of 2022.

40 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Crystal are starting to cancel cruises. So far just the remaining Serenity world cruise sectors but I think (hope) more will follow. They are offering a full refund plus a 25% FCC that can be used on cruises up to the end of 2022.

This is what Cunard offered when they cancelled Asian cruises. Now they are offering FCC/refund  for passenger cancellations up to a certain date. 

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

This is what Cunard offered when they cancelled Asian cruises. Now they are offering FCC/refund  for passenger cancellations up to a certain date. 

Crystal also allow you to cancel. 30+ days prior is 75% refund and 25% FCC, 30-8 days is 100% FCC, 7 days or less is zilch. Not as good as some other cruise lines but better than nothing.

And now Princess can be added to the list, with cancellation for 2 months until May 10 at this point.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause.html

With both majors of Viking and Princess in one day, it's unlikely the other major international operators will be able to continue on their own, so expect more cancellations/suspensions tomorrow.

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They have always been slow with calls, worse with emails.

very true.

They finally answered and I have cancelled my April cruise unfortunately.

This sucks but at least I have my Christmas and New Years cruise to look forward to now.

DT1304 - May I ask ? If royal carribean have allowed you to,cancel , did you have travel insurance as well? Will you try and amend dates on that or have you lost the travel ,insurance monies altogether ? 
im due to,sail out of Sydney on 27th March 2020 and am beginning to think I may want to take up royal,Caribbean’s cancellation offer .Wondering about the travel,insurance part of the equation