Arcadia world cruise - more possible itinerary changes.

Ukulele girl

Arcadia is just moving on from a day stop in Albany going on to 2 days in Fremantle (for Perth) on Tuesday. After that they are expecting change to their already changed itinerary. I had an email from my sister this morning letting me know that they would be told at Fremantle what their onward plan will be. Below is my sister's idea of what might be available to them.

'We're still doing fine although we don't know where we're going after Fremantle. Head Office is still working on a new itinerary. Looking at the world map I think there are only two options.  One is via Madagascar and Mauritius and the other is via Cape Town, Namibia, Cape Verde and the Canaries. The third option is coming straight back just refuelling on the way but not allowing passengers off. Should know by Tuesday when we dock in Fremantle.'

I expect new passengers will be joining in Fremantle so there will be the worry (unless all of those due to join have cancelled their cruise).

Has anyone heard any more about Arcadia's likely onward plan?

Just read an interesting comment from a friend on Arcadia. Could this be P&O’s actual policy?

So p & o are offering full refund and 50 percent off future cruise for those who are meant to be joining in Perth.  

This is, possibly for anyone who fails the test. It may be linked to the fact that they are missing so many ports.

daiB    That is interesting. I wonder if the passengers who should be joining in Perth are no longer doing so. That would be one way of keeping the ship safe for the rest of the cruise. My sister would certainly be happy for that to happen as I expect all on board would be. I wonder where your friend heard this?

43 minutes ago, daiB said:

Just read an interesting comment from a friend on Arcadia. Could this be P&O’s actual policy?

So p & o are offering full refund and 50 percent off future cruise for those who are meant to be joining in Perth.  

This is, possibly for anyone who fails the test. It may be linked to the fact that they are missing so many ports.

Of course it could be that P&O Australia have T&Cs more in line with Carnival's US lines, and a lot of passengers will be Aussies.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Of course it could be that P&O Australia have T&Cs more in line with Carnival's US lines, and a lot of passengers will be Aussies.

??? Nothing to do with P&O Australia 

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But Arcadia's world cruise has nothing to do with P&O Australia. They do book Aussies on but through P&O UK.

sorry Dai, you beat me to it!

Edited by jake 26
Answer had been posted

My sister has said that is has been a great cruise with lovely people who are making the most of the trip. They enjoyed seeing more of Australia, particularly getting to Tasmania. I think it is from now on that things may become difficult and worrying. It is very sad in some respects because people book a world cruise once in a lifetime and my sister has been looking forward to this for more than a year. It will be interesting to see what P&O can come up with as a new selection of ports.

10 minutes ago, Captain_Morgan said:

not sure if India was on the cards, but as of now it can be taken off the list of consideration

image.png.1015b05d25d43d74d869b69455e96311.png

I wonder if India would still allow cruise ship crew home? 

With inevitable cancellations, where would they go? 

Andy 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

I wonder if India would still allow cruise ship crew home? 

With inevitable cancellations, where would they go? 

Andy 

Great question, although i'm sure they look at the risk assessment being lower for people entering (i.e. crew returning from afar) than a few thousand people descending upon them from a floating petri dish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Found it Andy.

"At the airport two hours before flying. Just been called by P&O asking if we wish to cancel. We were offered a full refund plus 50 percent off a future cruise. If we are denied boarding for any reason then p&o will arrange a short stay in Perth before flying us home. At the moment Doha is a safe transit airport but things are changing so rapidly

I don't think P&O have much choice, but to offer a refund. The new cruise routing is nothing like the one that was originally scheduled  - indeed, it seems more like a mystery cruise, with the only certain port being Southampton! 

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I don't think P&O have much choice, but to offer a refund. The new cruise routing is nothing like the one that was originally scheduled  - indeed, it seems more like a mystery cruise, with the only certain port being Southampton! 

The cruises going shortly to Malta are much the same,  magical mystery tours? The Italian ports are in question, Malta are muttering about cruise ships and Greece are closing down schools today and perhaps monuments and places of interest tomorrow - who knows.

The world cruises are affected but so are the next batch in late March early April. 

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Michelle is all over Facebook and she said they were blocking loads but have now opened a separate page to discuss Coronavirus all in one place. 

Seems to make sense. 

Andy 

Andy - you mentioned the FB word! Nice knowing you.

7 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just read this elsewhere.

Passengers at the airport due to fly to meet Arcadia in 2 hours have been called by P&O asking if they want to cancel with a full refund and 50% off future cruise. 

Andy 

I read that as well, Oh yes in post 3 above.  😎

3 hours ago, Tommart said:

Had you noticed the way some of the P&O Facebook groups are trying to block any discussion of the impact of Coronavirus - despite people wanting to share information and discuss?  Seems crazy, and I can't understand why.

Are they not doing what CC is doing above, trying to stop many multiple threads on the same subject.

9 hours ago, daiB said:

??? Nothing to do with P&O Australia 

My wife and I were originally on this worldie, Singapore to Southampton, with a B2B following on Arcadia - Canary Islands, but cancelled in November due to serious illness, we got our deposits back on travel insurance.  We in OZ cannot book direct with P&O UK, but P&O Australia and local T/A's do the booking through P&O Australia and thence onto P&O UK.  What a mess this worldie now is, long sail across the Indian Ocean from Fremantle to wherever because of Colombo out. 

I  reckon a lot of Aussies will take the cancellation deal, but many, like us would have had travel plans in the UK or Europe generally on arrival in ye olde Southampton.  I just hope the G&T supplies are adequate for the many sea days ahead and they can restock the toilet paper supplies in Fremantle, not much available due to the stupid panic buying here, like in UK probably?  

Best wishes and good luck to all those on Arcadia and those who might be embarking in Fremantle, your 'mystery cruise awaits !!  Above all, enjoy !!

Edited by NSWP

11 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I know they are no longer going into Sri Lanka, presumably because Sri Lanka doesn't want a cruise ship. 

Madagascar, Mauritius and Malta have also recently rejected cruise ships. Valletta - Malta was on Arcadia's itinerary.

8 hours ago, daiB said:

Are they not doing what CC is doing above, trying to stop many multiple threads on the same subject.

No they were not Dai, until they allowed a new group specifically for Covid19  they were closing down any thread about it.

Where was Arcadia due to go after Perth, according to the revised itinerary after the Far East was cancelled?  I have read Sri Lanka will not allow normal cruise calls, but will allow ships to dock there to re-stock, re-fuel etc :-

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5097/?fbclid=IwAR22jYbmlicQFosNpbWuz7tozTe7x5J7qfNloJNefkJe60hheMxhiYBHuE4 

Is Arcadia still calling into Freemantle?  Just seen the marine traffic site and looks like she is out at sea from there heading north, rather than to the port.

27 minutes ago, tring said:

Is Arcadia still calling into Freemantle?  Just seen the marine traffic site and looks like she is out at sea from there heading north, rather than to the port.

Just looked again, she has turned and is heading into port.