On the Bliss

Mira28

Boarded the Bliss early this afternoon. We had a great lunch in The Local and are now enjoying drinks in the Observation Lounge, looking out at the New York skyline. 
All was organized and peaceful at embarkation. Friendly crew and nice crowd of passengers. We’re expecting to set sail soon, and expect to have a wonderful cruise.

Will keep posting if possible!

• Like 9

Good to hear, I hope you have a fab trip!

We’re boarding the Bliss next Sunday.  Any advice for a smooth check in?  We don’t have any priority status (just bronze).  Better to get there first thing or wait until later in the afternoon. 
Are you late departing?  Is it because of more time checking people in?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jude73 said:

We’re boarding the Bliss next Sunday.  Any advice for a smooth check in?  We don’t have any priority status (just bronze).  Better to get there first thing or wait until later in the afternoon. 

Jude,  you coming to the Meet & Greet?  Slot pull?  Hometown Gift Exchange???  See you next Sunday... WOOOO HOOOOO.. 7 more day!

• Like 1

I see Bliss is still in New York and hour after departure time. Anyone know why? We sail March 22-29, 2020 so I am curious.  Is sail away still 3PM?

Captain said a bit longer due to the more thorough checks they are doing for COVID

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jude73 said:

We arrived at 10:30. There was already a crowd ahead of us. But things moved relatively quickly and we were on the ship by 12:30. 
  I’m not sure what the delay is now, as I have heard no announcements. Health checks included a quick temperature check and a questionnaire. Nothing too crazy. 
As long as we do set sail, we will be happy! BTW the Observation Lounge is lovely and a great place to wait in peace.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the update. I personally had no thought to cancel. The bf’s mom is freaking out that we are going next week. I imagine they will make up time for the late departure. How crowded is the ship?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Annies88 said:

Thank you so much for the update. I personally had no thought to cancel. The bf’s mom is freaking out that we are going next week. I imagine they will make up time for the late departure. How crowded is the ship?

The US State Department has a new advisory out, advising US citizens not to travel on cruise ships: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html

That said, it's an advisory, not a ban. If the cruise is still on it's your personal risk assessment, not others' (unless they're paying for it).

I would expect them to catch wind of the advisory and freak out more, though, if you're from the US.

Advisory is from 3/5. Not that new considering how quickly everything on this is changing. Plus meeting with VP Pence happened after this and the feds have not advised the same. I realize CDC is more experienced in the matter but I also know 3500+ people leave every week and the only issues are on Princess stemming from original ship in Japan. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

The US State Department has a new advisory out, advising US citizens not to travel on cruise ships: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html

That said, it's an advisory, not a ban. If the cruise is still on it's your personal risk assessment, not others' (unless they're paying for it).

I would expect them to catch wind of the advisory and freak out more, though, if you're from the US.

1 hour ago, rabidstoat said:

After Cruise Line Executives met with Vice President Pence yesterday to commit US resources to develop plans to ensure the cruise industry continues uninterrupted. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Looks to be sailing pretty full today. There was a nurse taking everyone temperatures before you go through security.

In other news they’re currently converting Margaritaville into American Diner. They said it should be done on Thursday. 

C57DFDF4-596F-4DFC-8667-0262CD5201AA.jpeg

38770BBE-BB18-4AEA-9AB8-86687EE1FAA6.jpeg

3C961099-6CCD-414B-868B-C39E14C4F866.jpeg

B753A620-0FF1-42A2-B944-49A58D6A3CFE.jpeg

good to know. Thank you for this post, makes us feel better.

We will be on the Bliss on April 19 out  of New York for 21 days and we are concerned. We still have our booking, but we will make a decision whether we go or not in about 3 weeks. We want to see how things improve or don't improve in that time. You can never be too cautious.

• Like 2