Miami port to Miami airport for 11:15 flight realistic?

Totally doable, depending on day of the week, how many ships in port that morning, and only IF everything goes according to plan. Personally, way too stressful for me. I only book flights leaving after 1:00pm on debarkation day. 

Whatever you plan, have a great cruise! 😊

Ellen

25 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

How tight would it be to get to the Miami airport from the Miami port for a 11:15 flight? Willing to get off ship with my bags to get out early.

Thanks

Easily make it. Not even a sweat of worry

• Thanks 1

Totally doable. We did self assist walk off Explorer on Dec.8 at 7:30, got a not prebooked group shuttle at departure area to MIA airport for $7:50 each for four of us and were at airport by 9:15 AM with no problem at all. Our friends had an 11 AM flight and we had a 11:25 AM one. 

Edited by robtulipe
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

February 9th sailing on  Oasis, we did self disembark, and made a 1030 flight out of FLL, so yeah, your good 

Thanks for the FLL compare. I might need to fly from there so this is really helpful. What time were you off the ship at?

You can also look into flights out of Fort Lauderdale.  It’s not that far—- for us flying from Michigan there were a lot more flights (direct) and was less $$. I know there are shuttles.  Also depending on airline you fly & time— you can do Luggage assist.  (I believe that’s what is called). For $25,a person, cruise line prints out your luggage tags (you put them on suitcase night before)— put them out your door— also your boarding passes are printed for you.  Your luggage is sent to airport & check for you.  You don’t see your luggage again until you have reached home airport.  I like it because once we got to airport we were able to go right thru security & wait on that side.   There are restrictions on airlines & times you are flying

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, momperson2 said:

You can also look into flights out of Fort Lauderdale.  It’s not that far—- for us flying from Michigan there were a lot more flights (direct) and was less $$. I know there are shuttles.  Also depending on airline you fly & time— you can do Luggage assist.  (I believe that’s what is called). For $25,a person, cruise line prints out your luggage tags (you put them on suitcase night before)— put them out your door— also your boarding passes are printed for you.  Your luggage is sent to airport & check for you.  You don’t see your luggage again until you have reached home airport.  I like it because once we got to airport we were able to go right thru security & wait on that side.   There are restrictions on airlines & times you are flying

Thanks. We've used the before. Unfortunately, RCL doesn't provide that luggage service when the port is in Miami. I think we're doing to try and make a 11:15 flight out of FLL. We'll get off ship as soon as we can. Traffic should be light.

19 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Thanks. We've used the before. Unfortunately, RCL doesn't provide that luggage service when the port is in Miami. I think we're doing to try and make a 11:15 flight out of FLL. We'll get off ship as soon as we can. Traffic should be light.

Very doable out of FLL on a Saturday morning.

1 hour ago, chiguypaul said:

Thanks for the FLL compare. I might need to fly from there so this is really helpful. What time were you off the ship at?

We were in line down on the Promenade at 6:30, opened the gangways at 6:55; off the ship and through facial recognition customs (amazing at the new terminal BTW) by 7:10. Grabbed an Uber and was in TSA pre check line at FLL at 7:45. 

Totally doable, I've done the 10:30 to 11:30 AM time frame twice out of MIA.  But would recommend you self carry your bags off so that you're the first ones off the ship.  Barring that, be in one of the first groups to get off.  If you get a tag for a latter group, just go to guest services to request an early one and just let them know about your early flight.