Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to be quarantined... list of helpful things to have?

lensonlife

I’m cruising late June. Have every intention to go and am hoping that for the betterment of everyone, this matter will be a bit more managed. But also thinking of what we or others might need or want to bring should they find themselves quarantined. Has anyone personally ever had experience with one? I’ve frequently packed for my past cruises around many tips and ideas found here- but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this covered? 

1 minute ago, DenaInWyo said:

A good supply of medication.  Don't just bring 7 days worth for the trip.  

And booze.  Lots of booze.

I have always brought a ridiculous supply of medicine- prescriptions, and then for every ailment under the sun (over the counters that we don’t even keep on hand at home). So that’s a given! And booze 😂

• Like 4

We're set to cruise 4/6 out of San Francisco.  We usually don't take our computers when we cruise, but we'll be taking them this time.  If we're stuck in any type of quarantine, it would be nice for the kids to be able to catch up on school work and us to be able to work remotely.

1 minute ago, WorkerBee74 said:

I've actually been thinking about this.  Can anyone confirm or deny if you could still order a bottle of liquor to your room during one?  Hahaha.

Would probably need to answer this question first:  Is your Sign & Sail account still open to make purchases ?

If so, then I don't know why not.  

Your sign and sail would have to be kept open. Unless Carnival just covers the costs. I usually pack a variety of meds, but tea, cough drops and more cold/flu meds will be packed in case. I always wipe down the room with peroxide wipes, so no change there. I may load entertainment on devices and DH may bring his work computer. My mother in law is watching our animals. If my dog was being boarded, I would be sure they knew where I was headed to watch the news to know I wasn't abandoning my dog. 

• Like 2

Rx meds, I'd say 3 weeks worth beyond what you think you need for the trip.  

A kindle loaded up with way more books than you think you will want to get to.

And this isn't something to pack, but I tend to book balconies and if you are stuck - having access to light and fresh air I think would make things so much more pleasant. 

I saw in the news where the couple ordered wine brought to them by drone. LOL.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CanWeGoYet? said:

Rx meds, I'd say 3 weeks worth beyond what you think you need for the trip.  

A kindle loaded up with way more books than you think you will want to get to.

And this isn't something to pack, but I tend to book balconies and if you are stuck - having access to light and fresh air I think would make things so much more pleasant. 

I saw in the news where the couple ordered wine brought to them by drone. LOL.  

We’ve always been content with the inside cabin, but I keep thinking of how difficult it’s going to be if I am locked up without light or fresh air for 2 weeks straight... 

• Like 1

I would load my nook with books & games.  I may be wrong, but are you quarantined to your cabin if you are not sick?  If you are sick, I don't think booze will help.  I wonder what smokers do under a quarantine.  Yikes, time to quit I guess.

14 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I wonder what smokers do under a quarantine.  Yikes, time to quit I guess.

Wow.  I never thought of that!   Tough times.   If people smoke where they shouldn't, I suppose they could be hit with hella fines.  One instance where your odds of being kicked off the ship are low!

1 minute ago, CanWeGoYet? said:

Wow.  I never thought of that!   Tough times.   If people smoke where they shouldn't, I suppose they could be hit with hella fines.  One instance where your odds of being kicked off the ship are low!

LOL

8 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I agree about getting at least a balcony stateroom. An inside cabin for two weeks would drive me bonkers. 

I agree with you 100 percent. With few exceptions we always get a balcony. We have several cruises booked over the next few months, and we plan to go on all of them assuming the cruise still takes place. However, I would not go on a cruise right now if we were not in a balcony. Like you I can’t imagine being “trapped” in an interior cabin for even a day, let alone a longer time period. 

extra clothes and clothespins, soap pods.  If you are into a craft, knitting etc, bring along, a journal to keep track...accurately, your cruise/confinement.  Extra cash.  If you haven't done it, call your credit card company and tell them you're going on a cruise and may be out longer than anticipated (so they don't freeze your account for possible fraud).  Notify your pharmacy/Dr. that you're going to be on a cruise and may need an emergency drug supply.  (This won't help with controlled drugs however as Rx must be picked up in person).