Caribbean Princess Having Corona Virus Issues?

ceilidh1

7 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Any update on test results? Has ship been cleared to dock home?

I just looked at cruisemapper.com and the ship is heading northwest around Cuba and, I assume, on to Florida.  I haven't seen any other info or updates.

25 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Anyone know how things are on The Caribbean Princess today? 

I am in the Caribbean Princess at the moment. Life goes on, no news on the test results yet.

I am optimistic. The 2 crew members were on the ship since 11 and 17 days without showing symptoms. Odds are good that they are not sick.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MarcusRex said:

I am in the Caribbean Princess at the moment. Life goes on, no news on the test results yet.

I am optimistic. The 2 crew members were on the ship since 11 and 17 days without showing symptoms. Odds are good that they are not sick.

Hope you get some good news soon

18 minutes ago, MarcusRex said:

Odds are definitely on your side, safe travels home.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MarcusRex said:

Hello all,

The captain just came on to say that we are cleared to dock tomorrow as planned. We're good to go.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

The captain just came on to say that we are cleared to dock tomorrow as planned. We're good to go.

Thank whomsoever,  since we are booked for the March 21 and April 4 Southern Caribbean cruises.

Anyone infected with Covid-19 or Norwalk / Noro virus on these cruises, please stay away from the Crooner's and Wheelhouse Bars.

Edited by Tagsalong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MarcusRex said:

Hello all,

Hello and thanks for the updates.   We are also from Canada! and are cruising on the CP on March 21st for 14 days.  We have been on this ship 3 times and love it.  So my question is - have they increased hygiene practices - especially in buffet area?  Also how is the general mood of passengers and crew - currently the media is very harsh on Princess right now and Government is recommending not to cruise - really???!  Thanks - appreciate your update.

8 minutes ago, macmax said:

How long will it take the media to announce the GOOD News??????

Exactly!!!   I just posted a screen shot on my Facebook page of all the cruise ships currently sailing around the world with no problems (thanks to cruisemappers.com) and commented that you don't see the media posting THAT!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We are currently on board. I did not go to the buffet, but walked through once. Food was being served by Princess employees. I’ve seen menus and salt and pepper shakers being disinfected. There also seems to be a bleach solution in many locations and surfaces are being wiped down. Numerous purell dispensers available and employees checking to make sure you use it before entering dining areas. Staff/crew has been very pleasant. A big cheer went up when captain announced we were clear to dock. Compensation has not been announced yet, we were told there would be a letter under our door.

• Like 4

Be careful when you disembark tomorrow at Port Everglades.  The company that services Princess Cruises specifically at Port Everglades (terminals, luggage handling, etc.) has now had THREE confirmed cases of coronavirus amongst their employees.  Be extra vigilant when handling your bags, don't touch your face before sanitizing or washing your hands thoroughly.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-coronovirus-metro-services-everglades-20200310-ocpt7i4jrzhdfkd5ilbp6sypte-story.html

Edited by spryder
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sun16 said:

Hello and thanks for the updates.   We are also from Canada! and are cruising on the CP on March 21st for 14 days.  We have been on this ship 3 times and love it.  So my question is - have they increased hygiene practices - especially in buffet area?  Also how is the general mood of passengers and crew - currently the media is very harsh on Princess right now and Government is recommending not to cruise - really???!  Thanks - appreciate your update.

When the cruise started, the main preoccupation was with Norovirus. Many steps were taken to prevent another outbreak: staff served you in the buffet, including salt/pepper, sugar, sauces et al., no cups were given with soda packages, hand sanitizer at the entrances of the dining rooms etc

They were adamant that everyone wash their hands when entering the buffet. Hand sanitizer everywhere etc.

After 5-6 days, they began relaxing the measures a bit, such as being able to serve yourself coffer in the buffet but they brought all measures back when the CDC handed out the no sail order and those measures remain in place now.

As for the mood, it was pretty good all the way through. The timeline was such that it was quite clear that neither crewmen was sick and the tests were probably going to be negative. The issue was the uncertainty and that isn't Princess's fault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

With all the ships out there, Princess do seem to have been hit badly with 5 ships in the news. 

How can it be that no Royal Caribbean ship is affected? 

Does seem like a run of bad luck as I think Princess operates as well as can be expected.

• Like 3