Cruise Critic Community
UrbanGirlie

Wait time to cancel.....?

I've currently been on hold to cancel for 1:10.  Anyone report how long they waited would be appreciated, thanks!

1 minute ago, UrbanGirlie said:

I've currently been on hold to cancel for 1:10.  Anyone report how long they waited would be appreciated, thanks!

I called at 5:27 today and my entire call lasted 18 minutes. I was on hold for no longer than 30 seconds. 

15 minutes ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Varied reports.  23 minutes to several hours. 

Over 4 hours through our big box TA.

2 hours yesterday to get through to reprice our cruise.  I think the agent was surprised we weren't cancelling...  Our two cabins went down $1000 so worth the wait.

2.5 hour hold this morning and then got through and was able to cancel with FCC & taxes refunded - no problem in 5 minutes....

8 minutes ago, Luxurycruise2 said:

Same- just make changes, not to cancel.  Hung up..

Twice I’ve been on hold for over two hours and then the big box store line just hangs up on me.  This is to make changes and have no idea how I’m going to get through.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Pianogrl44 said:

Twice I’ve been on hold for over two hours and then the big box store line just hangs up on me.  This is to make changes and have no idea how I’m going to get through.

Can you email them?  My TA works for a big box agency and we do all our business thru emails.  He;s the best😇

Edited by molly361

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Can you email them?  My TA works for a big box agency and we do all our business thru emails.  He;s the best😇

Ya, I’m regretting not going through a personal agent instead.  They offered email instructions if one needs to cancel but I don’t want to, so I’m going to have to look into it further and see if there’s another way to contact them.

1 hour ago, Pianogrl44 said:

I had that exact thing happen to me on Saturday - I was cut off at the three-hour mark on three separate occasions.  I finally located a different phone number to call (check one of the emails you received from the big box store; I'd post the # here but since you're in Canada the #'s may be different)  -- I used the number on the top left the first three times, and then switched to a different toll-free number i found within the body of the email.  4th (!) time was the charm - after three hours on hold on that number, I finally got through to an agent.  Total time spent on hold = 12 hours on Saturday, plus 2.5 hours on Friday night when I finally gave up and went to bed.  The agent I spoke with told me that she had been there since 11am that day and there were already 700 calls in the queue when she got there.  

Good luck - very frustrating I know!!