NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

24 minutes ago, boomhower said:

I bought at close to $20 and dumped it at $13.50 before the market opened this morning for a quick $600 loss.  If it get 's into the $5 range I may try my luck at that price.  Holding onto my Carnival stock though.  It's the small size of NCL that makes me less confident they will see it through. 

Do your research, but also check how many new ships with all cruise lines will come on board in the next few years. NCL/Oceania alone has 10 ordered in just the next 7 years. Add in Carnival, RC and all the others and you have LOTS of ships. Some might say TOO many, but we shall see. What this means is its possible all won't survive. There lots of bets on the China market, but it might not turn out a rosy as some had assumed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ano said:

Do your research, but also check how many new ships with all cruise lines will come on board in the next few years. NCL/Oceania alone has 10 ordered in just the next 7 years. Add in Carnival, RC and all the others and you have LOTS of ships. Some might say TOO many, but we shall see. What this means is its possible all won't survive. There lots of bets on the China market, but it might not turn out a rosy as some had assumed.

I suspect that they will be cancelling on a lot of ship orders after all this.

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

With Saudi and Russia going at oil war, is this a good time to triple short oil at

$31/barrel?

Oil was about $65 in early January, I think you are 3 months too late for that move now. There may be more long term gains on the upside, then downside. $25-30 is usually a buying range, rather then a selling range. How much downside is there at this price?????

6 minutes ago, ano said:

That isn't always possible or cheap to do.

The flip side is how can NCL take delivery of 6 lenardo ships when they can't pay for the ones that they have now (and have to put up their current ship up as collateral)?

Cruise lines have done it before, but I assume it was incredibly expensive with lots of penalties.

4 minutes ago, ano said:

Look at Boeing, BA, they had plane orders for years. A botched plane, a halted travel industry, factories laying off, cancelled plane orders. That high flyin' stock was up to almost $450 a year ago, today $155, and I wouldn't touch it now. Circumstances can change real fast sometimes. The cruise/travel industry is going to be in trouble for some time. I don't see the government bailing them out, they are foreign registered ships, mostly all foreign workers, why would our government care about them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Da-Painter said:

Look at Boeing, BA, they had plane orders for years. A botched plane, a halted travel industry, factories laying off, cancelled plane orders. That high flyin' stock was up to almost $450 a year ago, today $155, and I wouldn't touch it now. Circumstances can change real fast sometimes. The cruise/travel industry is going to be in trouble for some time. I don't see the government bailing them out, they are foreign registered ships, mostly all foreign workers, why would our government care about them.

bc trump said he would help.

7 minutes ago, upslash said:

I'm trying to decide if I should refund my CruiseNext deposits while I'm still in the 30 day refund period. Starting to seriously wonder if this company will go bankrupt.

Go for it, you can always buy them on the secondary market at any time.

1 hour ago, Da-Painter said:

Oil was about $65 in early January, I think you are 3 months too late for that move now. There may be more long term gains on the upside, then downside. $25-30 is usually a buying range, rather then a selling range.

How much downside is there at this price?????

into the teens ($15/barrel) if saudi and russia cant come to terms before end of march when their production reduction agreement ends.

1st week of april, saudi will be pumping out 20% more oil into an already glutted oil market.

and right now, even with the production limits, there's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of a surplus of oil.

especially now with ALOT less jets flying.

Edited by fstuff1

Disney cruise lines just announced canceling all of their cruises till April.

Now the spotlight is on RCL, carnival, and NCL to see if they will follow suit.

i predict Carnival will be next to follow because Princess.

and heaven help NCL's stock price if they announce this

Edited by fstuff1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

into the teens ($15/barrel) if saudi and russia cant come to terms before end of march when their production reduction agreement ends.

1st week of april, saudi will be pumping out 20% more oil into an already glutted oil market.

and right now, even with the production limits, there's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of a surplus of oil.

especially now with ALOT less jets flying.

Will see won't we. This information may already be priced into the market.

4 hours ago, ano said:

True. NCL paid a large sum to cancel Epic’s sister ship at the last minute. A good call due the poor design of the Epic, but still very costly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roger001 said:

The non refundable OBC is worth less and less. I had to leave $65 behind two weeks ago when it could no longer be used for gratuity vouchers for butler and concierge. Recent rule change from previous cruises. About all it is good for now is buying discounted NCL merchandise.  

IMHO it is best used for Cruise Next Certificates, that's what I always use it for.

Although you only had $65 if you had added $85 of your own money you could have walked off with a $250 discount of your next cruise.

5 hours ago, coaster said:

True. NCL paid a large sum to cancel Epic’s sister ship at the last minute. A good call due the poor design of the Epic, but still very costly.

It was also when the Epic was being built the economy was in the tank.

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

IMHO it is best used for Cruise Next Certificates, that's what I always use it for.

Although you only had $65 if you had added $85 of your own money you could have walked off with a $250 discount of your next cruise.

It wasn't actually a case of not understanding the possible uses, it was the fact that I had assumed the OBC got used up as I had intended, and as it had been in the many previous cruises.  I didn't look at my final statement, making that assumption, until off the ship.  We have in the past had left over OBC the we had to use up.  We ended up buying NCL trinkets whether we needed them or not.  And yea, I usually have a Future Cruise Credit or two on my account.  The are a good deal.....or at least have been.  What they are going to be worth now remains to be seen.  

11 hours ago, Newleno said:

it is called BK, probably within the next 90 days

Not likely unless the industry is shut down for an extended period of time.  Lenders will defer payments if the industry is shut down, otherwise they know they would get pennies on the dollar in bankruptcy.  This isn't an NCL problem, it's an industry/world problem.

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

It wasn't actually a case of not understanding the possible uses, it was the fact that I had assumed the OBC got used up as I had intended, and as it had been in the many previous cruises.  I didn't look at my final statement, making that assumption, until off the ship.  We have in the past had left over OBC the we had to use up.  We ended up buying NCL trinkets whether we needed them or not.  And yea, I usually have a Future Cruise Credit or two on my account.  The are a good deal.....or at least have been.  What they are going to be worth now remains to be seen.  

Gotcha, sorry to try and teach you to suck eggs, when you said it was only good for merchandise I thought maybe you did not know. 👍

10 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Disney cruise lines just announced canceling all of their cruises till April.

Now the spotlight is on RCL, carnival, and NCL to see if they will follow suit.

i predict Carnival will be next to follow because Princess.

and heaven help NCL's stock price if they announce this

My Roth IRA is ready...