Prices JUST shot up!

LadyBerard

2 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

About a half hour ago, I booked NCL Gem 5/15/20 for 3 adults in an I1 cabin.  Price for all 3 of us was $1887.65.  I just checked it again, and now same cabin category is $2639.

Could be demand, might be preparation for a new "sale", or it could be a random algorithm based on you visiting the site more than once. My May cruise has not changed price in over a week.

I just noticed the same thing for the same cruise same week (I'm already booked was just out looking)...

However I just checked again and went back down, so some algorithm making things wacky....

Wait until tomorrow when canceling hysteria begins, should be interesting...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

About a half hour ago, I booked NCL Gem 5/15/20 for 3 adults in an I1 cabin.  Price for all 3 of us was $1887.65.  I just checked it again, and now same cabin category is $2639.

Based on how some people on the forum think, you owe them 25% of the difference as on-board spending. 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would expect the bargain basement prices for cruises in the next few months (such as 5/15/20) to drastically increase, now that you can cancel them until almost the time of sailing.  

I just looked and right now prices are up. I booked on Feb 28 for a May sailing to Alaska on Jewel for 989pp for a B2 balcony. Now the price is 1939pp. They could be raising prices so when you cancel and re-book you have to pay the difference? Or could be just trying to make up for lost revenues? Either way Im sure its not a mistake...business is business.

40 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Its inflation my friend. Also dont forget about price on Oil which shift like everyday. The strategy here is simple. The “alliance” of companies agreed on a certain Oil price, say 50$ and no matter wether the price goes up or down they will continue to make as much as they planned to earn before. Moreover, they raise prices just to make additional profit. If you could only imagine their annual turnover. Ohh boy. Especially for those traveling outside the US and Europe. These guys are overpaying 10x and feel just fine

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

glad i saw this , i have a cruise on hold , from yesterday. end of april on the sun. 

This is the exact reason why I posted it, so if people had current holds on their cruises, they would deposit to lock in the price.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Therein lies the inherent risk of the Peace of Mind policy. Once you get your future cruise credit, you got 1 year to book a cruise at whatever pricing level NCL decides to set its rates.

So you have a year to watch prices rise & fall before you HAVE to book something.

27 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Therein lies the inherent risk of the Peace of Mind policy. Once you get your future cruise credit, you got 1 year to book a cruise at whatever pricing level NCL decides to set its rates.

I thought you could book as far out as December 2022?

1 minute ago, blcruising said:

So did I. It is carefully worded. You have one year from FCC issuance to book a cruise that departs on or before Dec 31 2022.

Ah, good to know. I will let my parents know, since they are planning to cancel their 3/22 sailing.

• Like 1

This is probably because people are cancelling and moving their current reservations towards summer.  A lot of people are holding their reservations who already have cabins waiting room see if things get better.  People don't like to cancel summer trips.  They can always cancel later and get a FCC.  So cabins are getting taken quickly driving up demand.  As the virus continues to expand through that time you will see a lot of cancellations.  If you can book last minute you could score a really cheap rate even in summer I bet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, erdoran said:

So you have a year to watch prices rise & fall before you HAVE to book something.

Right. Its more of my own restrictions based on my booking practices. I'm a last minute deal person. So realistically I have one year from cancelling to book and sail. I would never book an NCL cruise in 2021 for a cruise that departs in 2022. Their prices are too high that far in advance.

1 minute ago, cscurlock said:

This is probably because people are cancelling and moving their current reservations towards summer.  A lot of people are holding their reservations who already have cabins waiting room see if things get better.  People don't like to cancel summer trips.  They can always cancel later and get a FCC.  So cabins are getting taken quickly driving up demand.  As the virus continues to expand through that time you will see a lot of cancellations.  If you can book last minute you could score a really cheap rate even in summer I bet.

Except that prices also shot way up on my 3/15 Bliss sailing just now. Doubt there is a huge run on cabins for a cruise sailing this weekend! An I1, of which there were at least 51 remaining as of this morning went from $601 per person to $727. Judging from my roll call, a LOT of people are "abandoning ship" so to speak, so I sincerely doubt there was a sudden increase in demand for cabins on our sailing.

6 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Right. Its more of my own restrictions based on my booking practices. I'm a last minute deal person. So realistically I have one year from cancelling to book and sail. I would never book an NCL cruise in 2021 for a cruise that departs in 2022. Their prices are too high that far in advance.

So you are in great shape for a last minute sailing, right?

Wow. So the day before the current “perks for everyone!” promo started, I upgraded my June Alaska cabin from IB to OK which was priced at about $1260. It went up to $1930 and stayed there through yesterday. Today, OK is over $2700.

I was hoping to upgrade my BX for an April cruise to any balcony with promos and yesterday that would have cost me $300. Kind of afraid to look at today’s price...

Edit: I looked. Up $100. But The Haven prices look the same!

Edited by coastcat

7 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Except that prices also shot way up on my 3/15 Bliss sailing just now. Doubt there is a huge run on cabins for a cruise sailing this weekend! An I1, of which there were at least 51 remaining as of this morning went from $601 per person to $727. Judging from my roll call, a LOT of people are "abandoning ship" so to speak, so I sincerely doubt there was a sudden increase in demand for cabins on our sailing.

I am not sure what is the current point where people can no longer cancel and get anything.  At that point people should drop as all the cancellations will have happened.  If it's a 2 day window I would check on the 13th.