Any benefits to switching A1 cabins?

smogfarmgirl

We’re on Infinity, deck 11 for our first cruise...the logistics of choosing a cabin are overwhelming to me! We didn’t have a choice when we got A1 1119, and we’re happy with it, but now there are other cabins we could switch to. Is anyone who’s familiar with it tell me if there’s any advantage to switching to any of these?  Or one I should be hoping comes open?

2E1C9D10-F1DC-497F-88C9-9129C92A2A44.jpeg

Edited by smogfarmgirl

There's no significant difference between any of the side-facing cabins.  If you see one of the aft-facing cains open up for your cruise, that would be worth a move, as they have larger verandas; particularly 1140. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Thanks 1

I would not personally choose 1100 or 1101...  While there is very little traffic on Deck 11 other than for those guests staying on Deck 11, 1100 and 1101 are both adjacent to exterior doors leading to/entering from open deck so as to add to the potential for a bit more traffic/related noise...

Like jelayne ,  I'd keep 1119...  Very convenient to--but far enough away from--the aft elevator lobby [which itself creates no noise save for the occasional passengers who are a bit  too chatty in returning to their own stateroom. (which could happen anywhere)]...

On balance, Deck 11 on Millennium-Class ships is extremely quiet...  I've now occupied a cabin there four times now--always in one of the five aft cabins--and have another reservation to do so in late August...  When sailing Millennium-Class, AquaClass/Deck 11 are always my preference...

Edited by Xport

We are booked on the Infinity next year in A1, my sister, an experienced X customer, told me the aft facing cabins on deck 11 in M class ship are great, so we snagged one 1138. They have bigger balconies and you are close to the Sunset bar, just go down the stairway located in the far aft area. She also said the side cabins are all about the same and equally good. Easy access to the food area on deck 10 and the open deck area of deck 11. This is our first X cruise in 10 years and we are looking forward to AQ and the Blu restaurant. 

10 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are booked on the Infinity next year in A1, my sister, an experienced X customer, told me the aft facing cabins on deck 11 in M class ship are great, so we snagged one 1138. They have bigger balconies and you are close to the Sunset bar, just go down the stairway located in the far aft area. She also said the side cabins are all about the same and equally good. Easy access to the food area on deck 10 and the open deck area of deck 11. This is our first X cruise in 10 years and we are looking forward to AQ and the Blu restaurant. 

I've occupied 1138 on Infinity twice for a total of seventeen nights...  And I have 1138 booked on Summit--for an additional twelve nights--for a cruise in late August...

To my mind, your sister's observations/recommendations are spot-on...  Enjoy!

1 minute ago, Xport said:

I've occupied 1138 on Infinity twice for a total of seventeen nights...  And I have 1138 booked on Summit--for an additional twelve nights--for a cruise in late August...

To my mind, your sister's observations/recommendations are spot-on...  Enjoy!

And with the drinks perks package our balcony will become our own private table overlooking  the Sunset bar! This will be our first aft facing cabin on any cruise line.

The aft deck 11 cabins are great.  We have a total of 42 days in 1140 aboard 3 of the 4 M-class ships.  After the first day of people being lost, very little traffic inthe area.   An empty elevator bank takes one to Blu and three sets of stairs to Oceanview bar and buffet. Enjoy. 

33 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

We always choose starboard cabins as all the outdoor smoking areas are port and the smoke can drift up to your veranda.  

Thank you! I am sensitive to smoke so that’s valuable info! Infinity hasn’t been redone yet, the smoking areas are still port on that ship to?

9 minutes ago, smogfarmgirl said:

Thank you! I am sensitive to smoke so that’s valuable info! Infinity hasn’t been redone yet, the smoking areas are still port on that ship to?

Yes, they were on Millennium, and she has been redone.  🍷

I'm not sure how the smoke could reach the deck 11 cabins.  There isn't a smoking section even close to them.  We really enjoy deck 11.  The convenience to the OVC, Sunset bar and the pool are great. 1119 is in a good location.  We have had 1123 before (and have it again in a few weeks).  I wouldn't choose any cabin at the end of the halls since you would have some noise from the outside doors opening and closing.  

17 minutes ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

I'm not sure how the smoke could reach the deck 11 cabins.  There isn't a smoking section even close to them.  We really enjoy deck 11.  The convenience to the OVC, Sunset bar and the pool are great. 1119 is in a good location.  We have had 1123 before (and have it again in a few weeks).  I wouldn't choose any cabin at the end of the halls since you would have some noise from the outside doors opening and closing.  

Don’t take any chances, read too many bad experiences on this board. 

The only time I might change that side is in Alaska where I would choose an aft cabin. Can miss wildlife if only on one side.

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

I would stick with 1119.  We prefer being across from other cabins open areas on the deck plan can be access areas for crew.

Yes, there are several crew service doors into the "white space" aft of the stairs on both sides and I would not move there.

Also don't take the first cabin on either side.

Agree that I would stay in 1119.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

We always choose starboard cabins as all the outdoor smoking areas are port and the smoke can drift up to your veranda.  

I just looked at the Dailies from my last cruise on Millennium-Class [specifically, Infinity] during May/June 2018...

"Smoking Areas:

• Deck 4 [Port Side, Midship Only]
  • Poolside [Deck 10, Port Side]
  • Mast Bar [Deck 11, Port Side]"

The stateroom area on Deck 11 does not extend anywhere close to the full length of the Oceanview Café below; the Poolside smoking area [can't envision it but I believe it was a limited section near the Pool Bar; it certainly did not encompass the whole port side expanse of the pool] and Mast Bar areas are midship/far forward relative to the stateroom area on Deck 11...

When the Deck 11 staterooms were added to the far aft section of the Millennium-Class ships [Infinity was first in January 2012; I had one of those Deck 11 aft-facing cabins on her second sailing after their addition], the Oceanview Bar--immediately below and at the back of the Oceanview Café--did permit smoking in half the outdoor area; that area has been totally non-smoking for years now...  And the Rooftop Terrace--subsequently added above--has always been totally non-smoking...

Like FFMilesJunkie, I can't imagine how smoke drift to the Deck 11 cabins would be remotely possible if guests are compliant [and seemingly, they are in my fairly substantial experience on Celebrity] with using designated smoking areas... 

Edited by Xport

12 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

Yes, there are several crew service doors into the "white space" aft of the stairs on both sides and I would not move there.

Also don't take the first cabin on either side.

Agree that I would stay in 1119.

10 minutes ago, Xport said:

I can't imagine how smoke drift to the Deck 11 cabins would be remotely possible if guests are compliant [and seemingly, they are in my fairly substantial experience on Celebrity] with using designated smoking areas... 

Thank you both for the updated info. I think I’ll stay. 

Reviews sounded like the aft-facing with larger balconies really feel the ships movement worse...so I might not switch even if one opens up. First cruise so a little worried about being seasick. 

59 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Never said the smoke would drift, simply said that my preference is to always book starboard so as not to take chances.

I've long appreciated--and have sometimes benefited from--your significant contributions to this forum and the nuance of your response was not lost on me; what you said is generally true...  That said I'm not sure that the Original Poster--from my reading, a first time cruiser on any line--did so in this thread specifically related to the Deck 11 cabins on Millennium-Class ships...  Her immediate response to your first post was to express concern--unnecessarily--as to her Deck 11 cabin in the context of personal smoke sensitivity...

Don't know if you've sailed Edge or, if you have, that you noticed...  The primary smoking area on that ship--it's sheltered--is located on what is best described as Deck 14.5 Starboard [up a flight of stairs between the Mast Grill and Pool Bar; no cabins above]...

Edited by Xport

43 minutes ago, Xport said:

...the Original Poster--from my reading, a first time cruiser on any line...Her immediate response to your first post was to express concern--unnecessarily--as to her Deck 11 cabin in the context of personal smoke sensitivity...

Correct on all counts! Yes, I was concerned, but your specifics saved me a cabin switch (and printing my own luggage tags, lol)!

1 hour ago, Xport said:

I've long appreciated--and have sometimes benefited from--your significant contributions to this forum and the nuance of your response was not lost on me; what you said is generally true...  That said I'm not sure that the Original Poster--from my reading, a first time cruiser on any line--did so in this thread specifically related to the Deck 11 cabins on Millennium-Class ships...  Her immediate response to your first post was to express concern--unnecessarily--as to her Deck 11 cabin in the context of personal smoke sensitivity...

Don't know if you've sailed Edge or, if you have, that you noticed...  The primary smoking area on that ship--it's sheltered--is located on what is best described as Deck 14.5 Starboard [up a flight of stairs between the Mast Grill and Pool Bar; no cabins above]...

Don't disagree at all....My problem right now is that I'm not sure if we will ever cruise again due to health issues for both wife and I, not having anything to do with the current coronavirus.   With that being said I have hesitated on even posting on the boards since we probably won't cruise again.   I also have to say that i screwed up on post #16, should have put an I as the first word so it sounded more like my opinion and not coming across as forcefully telling the OP to change their cabins.  Happy the OP is satisfied. 

Edited by dkjretired

6 hours ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

1123 is available on our cruise for next year.  Is the Sunset Terrace movie an issue? Can you hear it when movies are playing?

Thanks.