NCL: STOP THE MASS MAIL CATALOGUE MADNESS

Kilroyshere

We receive between 5 to 15 mailed catalogues weekly from NCL and their owned cruise line Oceania.

This mass mailing of catalogues is madness.

• It cheapens NCL's product
  • It's environmentally a horrible waste of resources and energy
  • It's gone beyond annoying and has soured us on NCL and their other owned cruise lines

We've asked our TA to help stop this but no luck. We logged onto NCL where we've previously cruised to find preferences to stop this madness with no luck.

Regent Seven Seas (owned by NCL) used to do this same multi-weekly mass mailing madness too. Posting here on CC found a big following of likewise upset cruisers posting their same frustrations and objections to these multi weekly mass mailed catalogues. As result, an email address was provided on CC to stop their mass mailing madness and it did for Regent.

STOP the mass mailing of catalogues NCL.

Edited by Kilroyshere
mispell
  • Like 6

Agreed esp  Oceania on veryexpensive paper. ...stop killing trees ...noone is cruising ...stop sending me stuff ...wait till virus subsides 

and stop emails too m....not going anywhere for along time 

besides Europe is closing its doors ..Asia is a nono ...just hang loose 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Kilroyshere said:

We receive between 5 to 15 mailed catalogues weekly from NCL and their owned cruise line Oceania.

• It's gone beyond annoying and has soured us on NCL and their other owned cruise lines

We've asked our TA to help stop this but no luck. We logged onto NCL where we've previously cruised to find preferences to stop this madness with no luck.

Regent Seven Seas (owned by NCL) used to do this same multi-weekly mass mailing madness too. Posting here on CC found a big following of likewise upset cruisers posting their same frustrations and objections to these multi weekly mass mailed catalogues. As result, an email address was provided on CC to stop their mass mailing madness and it did for Regent.

Just for the purposes of clarity...

NCLH Ltd owns three (3) cruise lines: NCL, Oceania, and Regent Seven Seas. 

NCL does not own Oceania, nor does NCL own Regent Seven Seas.

NCL and NCLH Ltd are NOT the same company...just like Carnival Corporation and Carnival Cruise Line are not the same company. Don't be confused by similar naming.

Perhaps if you dealt with NCLH Ltd instead of NCL you could more readily identify the solution to your issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kilroyshere said:

Agreed, however it's heating season and I am supplementing the heating of my home with all these flyers. 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will be Platinum with NCL after my sailing next week, so I have been cruising with NCL for a while. I almost NEVER get paper mailings from them. Maybe one post card a month at most? Never a catalog or anything with multiple pages...

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I will be Platinum with NCL after my sailing next week, so I have been cruising with NCL for a while. I almost NEVER get paper mailings from them. Maybe one post card a month at most? Never a catalog or anything with multiple pages...

That is very strange.  I suppose they know you're a regular customer so don't need to send these to you.   Both myself and my wife get 2-3 mailings a week.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Just for the purposes of clarity...

NCLH Ltd owns three (3) cruise lines: NCL, Oceania, and Regent Seven Seas. 

NCL does not own Oceania, nor does NCL own Regent Seven Seas.

NCL and NCLH Ltd are NOT the same company...just like Carnival Corporation and Carnival Cruise Line are not the same company. Don't be confused by similar naming.

Perhaps if you dealt with NCLH Ltd instead of NCL you could more readily identify the solution to your issue.

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) is a a holding company domiciled in Bermuda and based in the US.

NCLH operates 3 cruise lines as wholly owned subsidiaries: Norwegian Cruise Lines, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas.

NCLH is a publicly traded company listed on the NYSE.

1 minute ago, Kilroyshere said:

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) is a a holding company domiciled in Bermuda and based in the US.

NCLH operates 3 cruise lines as wholly owned subsidiaries: Norwegian Cruise Lines, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas.

NCLH is a publicly traded company listed on the NYSE.

Yes...and that is why it is wrong for you to say things like "NCL and their other owned cruise lines" since NCL does not own other cruise lines, NCLH Ltd does.

FWIW...NCL is also a holding company. Each and every ship in the fleet is incorporated as their own separate company. NCL is the holding company over all of the ship companies and NCLH Ltd is the holding company over that.

I am Platinum on NCL and rarely receive any NCL catalogs - and occasionally Reagents and Oceania. Lately I have been bugged by HAL on which I have never cruised. I also use a TA for my bookings - maybe that makes a difference IDK. I do agree that they could easily cut these out and save lots of $$.

BTW most of the stuff comes in my wife's name.

36 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Same here....but I get bombarded with Oceana mailings....I've asked them to stop, and it will let up for 6-8 months, and then they start up again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kathybelcher2433 said:

I think I see the pattern here. It’s a quiet benefit of being a Platinum member: no annoying and unsolicited mail! I’m striving for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't fall for RoboCall solicitations and buy their scams to stop their RoboCalls.

These mailing are a horrible waste of energy, paper and are as annoying as RoboCalls.

We are Platinum and started receiving the booklets around the beginning of the year. It is pretty constant since then.

We also receive booklets from Viking in my MIL's name. She has been dead for 7+ years and never went on a Viking cruise.

I actually like looking at the booklets, but I don't need new ones every week. 

42 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am platinum with NCL and I don't get the mailers either; however, my mother-in-law who has been deceased for a few years, gets at least a couple per week!

• Haha 1

I enjoy getting the small catalogs. I like flipping through and getting ideas of where I may want to go next. We are platinum also, so I don't think that has any bearing on whether or not you receive them. 

If you don't want them, just toss them in the recycling bin. Why take business away from the post office or printers?

1 minute ago, DZcreature said:

If you don't want them, just toss them in the recycling bin. Why take business away from the post office or printers?

I dislike this guerilla mass marketing.

It's terribly wasteful use of energy and paper that I suspect is printed overseas.

I don't like RoboCalls and care less that if they too ceased, they'd hurt phone company marketing companies.

47 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Yes...and that is why it is wrong for you to say things like "NCL and their other owned cruise lines" since NCL does not own other cruise lines, NCLH Ltd does.

NCLH, NCL, Regent, Oceania...

Distinctions without difference as far as me their cruising consumer is concerned and the cheap multi-weekly, annoying, wasteful, mass mailings that CHEAPENS ALL THEIR BRANDS.

And last time I was on an NCL ship, the on-board reservation rep was indeed offering literature for Oceania and Regent, so your corporate Holding company distinction is moot in so far as the top of this holding company is responsible for the same mass marketing that all 3 NCLH cruise subsidiaries are guilty of.

1 minute ago, DZcreature said:

LOL "guerilla" mass marketing. I work for the post office so I get double the pleasure of seeing them all night at work.

The USPS lost $7 billion in 2019 and lost $4 billion in 2018.

Junk mail is the last piece of business the USPS seems to have left once Amazon pulls the plug on that over bloated, quasi-governmental dinosaur. 

• Like 1