For those Cruising before May 31, Cruising or Cancelling?

Dwang

For those Cruising before May 31, Cruising or Cancelling?   

260 members have voted

1. 1. For those traveling before May 31 with the new Carnival Cancellation Policy, What do you plan to do?

• Still Cruising!
    • Cancelling and Rebooking
    • Cancelling and not cruising again (forgoing the fee)
    • Waiting until before my cancellation period ends to decide

2 hours ago, 48traveler said:

I just contacted my doctor about the required, Fit To Sail letter that Carnival says they need even though we are healthy , but 71 , and she refused , saying the CDC is advising people not to cruise

Classic Catch-22. Darned if you do, darned if you don't. Grrrrrrr......

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 4:00 PM, pzsdd6 said:

Here’s one for you......

Wife and I were scheduled to leave Saturday out of Tampa on Carnival Paradise. We made the decision to continue with the cruise and just be prudent and exercise good flu protocols. This morning at 11am my wife received an email from her employer “Sarasota Memorial Hospital” informing her that should she take the cruise, she would have to self quarantine for 14 days upon return....without pay! 
They cited CDC and Florida health board announcements that both stated that their recommendations for cruise travel is to defer to a later date........They told her that if she goes, she is in violation of CDC and Florida. 

We are less than the 3 days to go and so we now don’t qualify for Carnival’s new policy for cancellations.

I have been a RN for 42 years and this would make me furious. How did they know in the first place that she planned a cruise vacation? I have never been required to tell any employer my vacation plans. I am so sorry to hear this, however seems at this time Carnival is going to cancel it anyway.  Seriously, people have lost their minds over this. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

Should I cancel Hawaii carnival miracle April 16.2020 

We are booked on the April 11 Miracle out of SF which will be the first cruise after the cancellation. We are not planning on cancelling ...but ours is just a 5 day. They may end up extending the cancellations anyway in which case you will get compensated , not sure if you would if you cancel on your own

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

We are booked on the April 11 Miracle out of SF which will be the first cruise after the cancellation. We are not planning on cancelling ...but ours is just a 5 day. They may end up extending the cancellations anyway in which case you will get compensated , not sure if you would if you cancel on your own

Isn't 30 days from March 14th later than April 11th?

1 minute ago, Radiioman46 said:

Isn't 30 days from March 14th later than April 11th?

Yes...I was surprised too I thought for sure we would be one of the cancelled ones. However, the official announcement form Carnival says ships will resume on April 10

Looks like Carnival made the go/no go decision for us -received this email from them late last night, so we'll rebook and take advantage of that additional OBC..!

TEMPORARY PAUSE IN SERVICE
ALL SAILINGS DEPARTING MARCH 14, 2020 – APRIL 09, 2020
March 13, 2020
Dear Carnival Guest,
We are sorry to share the news that Carnival Cruise Line is temporarily pausing service, effective with sailings departing Saturday, March 14 through April 09, 2020 across its fleet of North America based ships. We will resume service on April 10, 2020.

Edited by Ready2SailAway

We just canceled out May 21 sailing out of Charleston. 😭 The first out of 8 cruises that this has ever happened. If things get better, we will defiantly try to rebook the same cruise as we have friends going. But some of the people sharing cabins wanted to cancel, and I felt that canceling them online before our final PMT date was defiantly easier than trying to call right now.

Bon Voyage to all and Happy Cruising... when it resumes!

2 hours ago, ctsharpie05 said:

I'm set to cruise on the Magic on May 31st. I am not cancelling however, I feel confidident that Carnival will cancel it unfortunately.

Yes. That's what I'm thinking; well, not that Carnival will cancel it, but that the cruise industry will still be shut down by law/response to the crisis. Our cruise is scheduled for mid-May. Not sure what my husband and adult sons have in mind for our plans, but my take is to not do anything before the 3/31 deadline to cancel, and if the virus is still a thing (it will be I suspect) and cruises are still banned, well, there you go. But if the ban has been lifted, then good, I trust it's safe enough to go forward.

• Like 1

New deals are being posted. End of May is calling my name, but unsure of whether to roll the dice.  I know that as soon as this ban is lifted, my butt is on a boat. I'm only on day 3 of work from home and the walls are closing in.  But I have toilet paper!

• Haha 1