*****CARNIVAL CANCELLATIONS THREAD-- Please read*****

krusso80

1 minute ago, Bases5 said:

We called and cancelled 1 cruise and booked another on the same call. The lady said she applied the FCC during that conversation.  Well in about 48 hours the final payment on the new cruise we booked  dropped the amount of the FCC so that's how we knew it was applied.

Thanks so much I’ve tried all day to call since I canceled online and put one on hold. 

3 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Contact who you bought it with, as they are the travel agent.

Yeah I was just curious if anyone else had an experience to report bc I can’t even call now- they’ve shut the phone line down.  Guess all I can do is wait and keep trying.  

6 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

I did not understand your sentence. But, there are currently no cash refunds if that is what you are asking.

Ohhh wait, are you saying if Carnival cancels the cruise? That may be a different story but no answer on how for sure that would be handled since it hasn't happened yet.

Right, if Carnival cancels. I thought they'd give cash refund then.

8 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

I did not understand your sentence. But, there are currently no cash refunds if that is what you are asking.

Ohhh wait, are you saying if Carnival cancels the cruise? That may be a different story but no answer on how for sure that would be handled since it hasn't happened yet.

Wait.  She’s not scheduled until May so she would most likely be outside the 56-day cancel policy which would be cash refund for all except the deposit—right?  

Edited by hawkeye93
Edit bc I can’t spell

1 hour ago, TakeMeAway1001 said:

I wasn't ready to book so I am holding off to see what's available down the road. 

I never got a clear answer when I called to cancel,  As a matter of fact we got several answer's.   If you read the cancel e-mail Carnival sent out it says you can cancel by 5-31-2020.  And sail before 3-31-2021

What I wanted to is know was did I have to rebook by that date (5-31-20) to get the FCC.  I got both yes and No from carnival.

We are not taking chances and  going to rebook by 5-31-20 deadline just to be safe.

Just now, Mawamw said:

Right, if Carnival cancels. I thought they'd give cash refund then.

They might, but they are hurting from all of this. And if they can get people on board, even cheaply, they would rather do that. So, unless a majority of ports close and/or the government says cease operations, I am not sure about that.

So I just posted a new thread before I saw this one. Has anyone heard of Carnival letting us postpone final payment on June cruise?  RCCL is making it 60 days instead of 90.

I feel like it's too soon for those of us in June to know whether we need to cancel or can keep our bookings.  A lot can happen between now and then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Wait.  She’s not scheduled until May so she would most likely be outside the 56-day cancel policy which would be cash refund for all except the deposit—right?  

Don't know. She did say past final payment, but for instance May 1 is 50 or 51 days I think. Plus, we don't know what type of fare she booked.

3 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

So I just posted a new thread before I saw this one. Has anyone heard of Carnival letting us postpone final payment on June cruise?  RCCL is making it 60 days instead of 90.

I feel like it's too soon for those of us in June to know whether we need to cancel or can keep our bookings.  A lot can happen between now and then.

I don't think I have seen anything on that. But you are right it is soon to know.

7 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Don't know. She did say past final payment, but for instance May 1 is 50 or 51 days I think. Plus, we don't know what type of fare she booked.

Guess I just assumed since it was after graduation. But yes, it would depend on the offer booked, too.   Mine was May 15 and apparently my offer was “standard deposit” (TA words) of $500/cabin so I have $1k in FCC and the rest back on my cc (supppsedly anyway- I can’t get through to confirm and so far only one room has been refunded).  Stressful time for all for sure.  

19 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Wow. That's the first I heard of that.

I just tried to call Carnival and received a recording that they were experiencing phone issues and to try my call later.  I wasn't even put on hold or given the option for a later call back.

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I just tried to call Carnival and received a recording that they were experiencing phone issues and to try my call later.  I wasn't even put on hold or given the option for a later call back.

Right. That was already reported by quite a few people. What I didn't know was the big box store travel shut down phones. I wasn't referring to Carnival in this case.

Edited by amyotravel

10 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Guess I just assumed since it was after graduation. But yes, it would depend on the offer booked, too.   Mine was May 15 and apparently my offer was “standard deposit” (TA words) of $500/cabin so I have $1k in FCC and the rest back on my cc (supppsedly anyway- I can’t get through to confirm and so far only one room has been refunded).  Stressful time for all for sure.  

It is stressful. Most of us can't just keep a bunch of money tied up. And, easy for me to say, but if people have a cruise that's a little further out, hopefully they try to take a breath and let those with more immediate cruises get theirs worked out first.

8 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

That’s exactly what big box has in place right now. 

When we go to cancel online, we are getting a message that says "If you cancel your booking today, the penalty amount would be 3666" (the total amount of our cruise).  So we are pretty confused.  My husband has been trying to call them, but you all know how that is going.  We were set to sail on 3/21 :(

On 3/10/2020 at 10:57 AM, estillcrew said:

My husband and I are trying to decide whether or not we need to cancel our cruise that departs on March 22nd, and would like the facts about how much the cruise industry is being affected by the Coronavirus. We are not worried at all about getting sick, but we are concerned about missing our ports of call or being quarantined for 14 days. It seems as though the media is exaggerating the situation. So, does anyone have hard facts to help me make an educated decision about cruising next week? How many ships have been quarantined? How many ports have not allowed cruises to dock? Are their any ports that have temporarily closed to cruises out of America? If our itinerary is changed, when will we be notified? For those who are cruising now or who cruised last week, was your trip impacted? If so,  how? Thank you so much for any help you can provide. I really don’t want to cancel our trip!

@estillcrew I don't know your specific circumstances. My workplace as of last night is not allowing anyone to return to work from a cruise for 14 days. Now if you have vacation time or can work from home that's not a huge problem but for some it is and it's been part of their deciding factor. As someone else said this is a developing situation and things are changing hourly really.

Best of luck to you. 

On 3/10/2020 at 10:57 AM, estillcrew said:

My husband and I are trying to decide whether or not we need to cancel our cruise that departs on March 22nd, and would like the facts about how much the cruise industry is being affected by the Coronavirus. We are not worried at all about getting sick, but we are concerned about missing our ports of call or being quarantined for 14 days. It seems as though the media is exaggerating the situation. So, does anyone have hard facts to help me make an educated decision about cruising next week? How many ships have been quarantined? How many ports have not allowed cruises to dock? Are their any ports that have temporarily closed to cruises out of America? If our itinerary is changed, when will we be notified? For those who are cruising now or who cruised last week, was your trip impacted? If so,  how? Thank you so much for any help you can provide. I really don’t want to cancel our trip!

I would also like info, we are supposed to depart on March 22nd.

Just now, Seabreeze28 said:

I would also like info, we are supposed to depart on March 22nd.

Several people have tried to address this as best they can. Read through each thread about the virus. But this is a rapidly changing situation and nobody has a Magic 8 Ball.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Right. That was already reported by quite a few people. What I didn't know was the big box store travel shut down phones. I wasn't referring to Carnival in this case.

Apologies.