*****CARNIVAL CANCELLATIONS THREAD-- Please read*****

krusso80

Does anyone know if you can move the new cruise date sometime in the future? We sail Sunday and my company just released a policy that will prevent me from cruising so we are scrambling to get something but cannot get through to Carnival. Got through after an hour on hold and went directly to the after call survey 🤬

Also, does anyone know what time the "3 days" takes effect? 

7 hours ago, IDKaren said:

Could you email me the PVP at IDKaren1@gmail.com please. My time is getting short and I. CAnt get thru!! Thank you,

I would love your pvp info.  Canceled thru travel agent who couldn't "get ahold of carnival" since Friday. But today I emailed since she hasn't returned calls and WOW within 30 minutes after I said cancel my reservation for 3/28, she emailed back she had talked to Carnival and canceled it.  WTH ?? Just call me back and answer my questions, which would save us all headaches.  Anyways, I still want to cruise on that date but couldn't get any info from them.  Maryhou88 at gmail dot com lol

4 hours ago, cosine4 said:

Does anyone know if you can move the new cruise date sometime in the future? We sail Sunday and my company just released a policy that will prevent me from cruising so we are scrambling to get something but cannot get through to Carnival. Got through after an hour on hold and went directly to the after call survey 🤬

Also, does anyone know what time the "3 days" takes effect? 

Today is now probably Thursday to you. I would cancel online and hope for the best which I I think is a good bet as Carnival knows they have a problem with the phone lines.

After the mania passes you can reschedule your cruse using the FCC plus any refunds from the cruise you are cancelling, good luck! 

Edited by LaRue1975

I am due to Sail 5/30 out of Long Beach and am up in the air about cancelling this far out.  I thought I only had until 3/31 to make my decision but when I went to my travel website to look for any updates (I did not book my cruise directly thru Carnival) this is what I saw.  Has the deadline now been extended up to 3 days prior to 5/31??  What are others doing in regards to late May sailings?

Carnival Cruise Line Coronavirus Information
IF YOU BOOKED PRIOR TO MARCH 6, 2020 AND YOUR DATE OF DEPARTURE IS BETWEEN MARCH 6, 2020 AND MAY 31, 2020: You may cancel up to 3 days before sailing to receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees (must use FCC for travel commencing on or before March 31, 2021).

For those on the fence here is some food for thought...being a passenger on Carnival Panorama's, 29th sailing, the waiting game was nerve-racking.....even though at embarkation all cruisers on our sailing knew the potential of a quarantine..... when we were faced with the reality .... it didn't really compute.  The fact that 2 weeks of your life( in this case 4000+lives, including 1000 children) could be determine by the results of a test on 1  person is quite mind blowing.

BTW I actually took extra snacks and clothing, to be prepared...but nothing prepared me for the feeling I felt when we were informed about the ill passenger when we were all out of our cabins waiting to disembark. Even though from first announcements it sounded like she would test negative...actions by the ship and the waiting game made you think otherwise.

Just be prepared mentally.....if you decide to cruise.

Edited by land lover

Cancelled our April 23rd cruise. Used a travel agent that has not been forthcoming with my options. Found letter to Carnival Cruisers on my own but now I want to disconnect any future travel plans with this agent. Can we go directly through Carnival to get our future cruise credits or are we forever attached to this agent until our future trip (not yet selected) ends.

I cancelled on Friday, March 6.  I was told I would get 75% FCC, but didn't get any email confirmation of this.  Rep said to hold on to my original booking number for credit.  I still have not received 25% and taxes back on my credit card.  Do I need to do something else?  I think after a week I should have seen it back on my credit card? 

Edited by OhioScubaGirl

13 minutes ago, OhioScubaGirl said:

I cancelled on Friday, March 6.  I was told I would get 75% FCC, but didn't get any email confirmation of this.  Rep said to hold on to my original booking number for credit.  I still have not received 25% and taxes back on my credit card.  Do I need to do something else?  I think after a week I should have seen it back on my credit card? 

I have cancelled cruises in the past and the credit was adjusted on the CC's next billing cycle. 

So I am scheduled to cruise on 7/5 on the Horizon. I was wondering if Carnival was going to extend the cancellation policy past May and into the summer months. I received an email last night from Carnival with the following information.

The following applies only to guests who booked on or before March 10, 2020.

• Guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled, for departures June through September, 2020, will receive the following onboard credit (OBC) amount:
    • US$50, per cabin, for 2 – 5 day sailings
    • US$100, per cabin, for 6 day sailings and longer

If you choose to continue to sail with us, we will automatically apply your onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account. There is no need to call us. 

• You may also cancel up to 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date. Any cancellation charges will be held as a future cruise credit (FCC) to be redeemed on a cruise within one year of your original sailing*. 
    • If your reservation included Fly2Fun air, any monies paid for your air fare will be included in your FCC.  If you purchased independent air, please contact your airline carrier as they are being flexible with change fees.
    • Any pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, specialty dining/spa or Fun Shop orders will be automatically canceled and refunds will be processed to your original form of payment by your bank within three weeks. 
    • We are experiencing higher call volume than usual and are currently focused on assisting guests sailing March and April, 2020.  We encourage you to contact your travel advisor, Carnival Personal Vacation Planner, or access “My Cruise Manager” on Carnival.com to cancel your reservation.  Any penalties will be held in your account as a FCC.  You may also get answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.

My final payment is due on April 11th. I am still on the fence and am hoping for better news as we move through into the summer months but now it's good to know as of last night I have the ability to cancel and get the FCC and rebook a cruise. 

Cancelled our May 25th sailing and rebooked for late June.  However, it seems that not only has the cost of insurance risen along with the cabin pricing for the same ports, same number of days but a different ship, what I paid for insurance for the May sailing cannot be transferred over to the new date.  That means I have lost the insurance cost for the May sailing and now I have to pay once again for new insurance and a  higher cabin price!!!!!

It seems if you choose to rebook, you are indeed being penalized!☹️

Hoping our cabin rate drops and soon!

MARAPRINCE

26 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Cancelled our May 25th sailing and rebooked for late June.  However, it seems that not only has the cost of insurance risen along with the cabin pricing for the same ports, same number of days but a different ship, what I paid for insurance for the May sailing cannot be transferred over to the new date.  That means I have lost the insurance cost for the May sailing and now I have to pay once again for new insurance and a  higher cabin price!!!!!

It seems if you choose to rebook, you are indeed being penalized!☹️

Hoping our cabin rate drops and soon!

MARAPRINCE

Don't buy Carnival's insurance.  In hindsight I've discovered it's overpriced and useless.  Go look up insurance from other independent insurance companies that will actually give you cash back and not just 75% back towards a future cruise.

I'm out the $288 I paid for insurance.  Sucks.  That's a lot of money for our family.  And I don't actually think we'll be in a position to book a future cruise using the FCC - so we will also be out that money. 

Edited by momof3hungryboys

I've been looking for an hour how to cancel online.  Nevermind, just found it, Murphy's Law I guess.  For anyone else hunting, it's under "Cruise Balance Details".

Edited by curt1
New information on issue

Try this:

Scroll down and click on Booking order and details.

Scroll down and click on View Balance Details.

Scroll down and click on View Cancellation Information.

Click on Cancel Booking.

36 minutes ago, sabres431 said:

Try this:

Click on Cancel Booking.

It would not hurt if this was posted as a temporary sticky at the top of this thread, entitled How to Cancel On-line.  Just add "When you can log into Cruise Manager."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

"Guests booked on sailings departing between April 1 and May 31 can move your booking to a future date by March 31" is what the PDF said in the initial email we got for the offer on March 5/6?  When you refer to "cancellation email", is that something different?

Would that not mean that the new cruise has to be booked prior to March 31 of this year, sailing on or before March 31 of 2021?

Are we sure we don't just have to notify them by the end of the month that we will be moving our cruise date? How in the world would a lot folks know when would be a good time, not even accounting for the Corona virus. It takes a lot of planning for us between multiple work schedules, family visits....

I cancelled and rebooked this morning through Carnival and was assured I could rebook anytime till March of 2021 and still use FCC. Cancellation needed to be done within 3 day window, however. Phone hold was about 30 minutes.  I went ahead and rebooked our party of 6 while on the phone with the rep.

I did not jot down the reps name, but she was very patient and professional in spite of my lack of preparation for the call.

My cruise was set to sail on Monday so I needed to get things cleaned up ASAP.

Very disappointed to postpone our family cruise but seemed prudent with my wife's compromised immune system (Sjogrens) and apprehension of one other family member.

• Like 1

We are set to sail out this Saturday.  We are needing to cancel for medical reasons with this last health warning.  Has anyone done this via the form and already received a response?  My time is so short and I do not want to lose my money.

I called this morning to cancel our April 4th Panarama cruise and change it to the Panarama Oct. 31st Premier cruise I just got an email about. Ended up getting a balcony (had a ocean view on my April cruise). And even got a credit for $150.00 and got all the amazing benefits of a Premier cruise. Sure it's a long wait but I am excited. By the way I was on hold for almost two hours!!!

• Like 1

WE are sailing Mar. 28 on the Panorama. I paid $1000 deposit for each balcony. I made the final payments in December. I finally got FTTF for both cabins March 10.  If we cancel ( I am over 70), will we get FCC for the entire amount?  PS - what about the OBC we got from our TA. 

Thanks in advance. Hope I didn't make this too complicated. 

12 hours ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

So I am scheduled to cruise on 7/5 on the Horizon. I was wondering if Carnival was going to extend the cancellation policy past May and into the summer months. I received an email last night from Carnival with the following information.

The following applies only to guests who booked on or before March 10, 2020.

• Guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled, for departures June through September, 2020, will receive the following onboard credit (OBC) amount:
    • US$50, per cabin, for 2 – 5 day sailings
    • US$100, per cabin, for 6 day sailings and longer

If you choose to continue to sail with us, we will automatically apply your onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account. There is no need to call us. 

• You may also cancel up to 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date. Any cancellation charges will be held as a future cruise credit (FCC) to be redeemed on a cruise within one year of your original sailing*. 
    • If your reservation included Fly2Fun air, any monies paid for your air fare will be included in your FCC.  If you purchased independent air, please contact your airline carrier as they are being flexible with change fees.
    • Any pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, specialty dining/spa or Fun Shop orders will be automatically canceled and refunds will be processed to your original form of payment by your bank within three weeks. 
    • We are experiencing higher call volume than usual and are currently focused on assisting guests sailing March and April, 2020.  We encourage you to contact your travel advisor, Carnival Personal Vacation Planner, or access “My Cruise Manager” on Carnival.com to cancel your reservation.  Any penalties will be held in your account as a FCC.  You may also get answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.

My final payment is due on April 11th. I am still on the fence and am hoping for better news as we move through into the summer months but now it's good to know as of last night I have the ability to cancel and get the FCC and rebook a cruise. 

I received this letter as well . My booking is on June 6. Does anyone know if I reschedule if I have to sail within 12 months of my original booking or just have to use the fcc  on another cruise by 12 months of the original booking . 

13 hours ago, sabres431 said:

Try this:

Click on Cancel Booking.

Hi! I followed your instructions 

I tried to cancel online through the webpage. It looked like the cancellation went through but I never got any email or confirmation page showing what my cancellation charges would be. I need some kind of confirmation to show to my travel insurance company.  What do you think I should do? Did you get a confirmation email? 

Hi 

We booked a cruise with direct line cruise agency. We paid the final payment on 1/31/2020. We are living in Hungary, now we can not enter the USA, because of the Covid-19 virus. I have to cancel all of the tickets and hotels what we booked for the 40 days trip. So I tried to call the cruise line, but its impossible. Yesterday I emailed with my agent from direct line ,she told me I have to cancel it on direct line cruise, but it is a non refundable cruise... If I cancel it not directly on carnival cruise, am I obliged for the FCC? I mean we will become future credit or loose our money? we paid 1309 dollars for the 5 days cruise. I tried to cancel it online by carnival, but there is no option for us... I have just booking and order details but not any other option.. I don't know why, I can not understand the process.. The other question..: I found a Reimbursement Options - Future Credit

But this asks for an other booking number, do I need to book a new cruise before I cancel it what I have now? 

so anybody please help me, because I can't reach cruise line, I live in an other country, we can not fly to USA, and I don't want to loose money.. I have so tickets what I can not rebook , so I will loose enough money so.

if you can contact me with some info I can give my email address..

I took a photo of my option on carnival's webpage: 

Thank you for your help.

kep.HEIC

6 hours ago, Aprilfoolx said:

Hi! I followed your instructions 

I tried to cancel online through the webpage. It looked like the cancellation went through but I never got any email or confirmation page showing what my cancellation charges would be. I need some kind of confirmation to show to my travel insurance company.  What do you think I should do? Did you get a confirmation email? 

I canceled my upcoming cruise on Monday. I never received a confirmation email and I haven't received a refund (my cruise had been paid in full). When I try to access my booking on Carnival's website, it's no longer listed.

19 hours ago, sabres431 said:

Try this:

Click on Cancel Booking.

SORRY do you have to check in to  VIEW BALANCE DETAILS.

have logged in using booking ref no and surname and added my booking but not checked in online and can not get to VIEW BALANCE  DETAILS   after  Booking order and details??