Who's keeping their March cruise?

We are scheduled to leave on Norwegian Bliss on March 22nd out of NYC port and everyone around me is driving me nuts about whether or not we are going to cancel. How many of you are still keeping your March cruise reservations? Do you think the cruise ships will be half-full, or do you think new reservations fill canceled spots? I'm sick of people panicking!! We plan on keeping our reservation! 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 2WisconsinCruisers said:

We are scheduled to leave on Norwegian Bliss on March 22nd out of NYC port and everyone around me is driving me nuts about whether or not we are going to cancel. How many of you are still keeping your March cruise reservations? Do you think the cruise ships will be half-full, or do you think new reservations fill canceled spots? I'm sick of people panicking!! We plan on keeping our reservation! 

My son who is in college and 14 of his friends are going for spring break this Sunday out of Miami.  I am not worried about the virus at all but a little worried that they will be at sea for weeks.  This mass hysteria is really a shame. 

Edited by Marine Mom
left off a word
  • Like 1

The husband and I are arguing over whether to go or not. We booked the Bliss March 22nd cruise I want to go and he wants to cancel. I am wondering if they would let my husband cancel and let me take my solo dream cruise that I have always wanted to do!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

NCL Joy out of San Pedro to Mexican Riviera on March 22. We are going, with the expectation of a sparkling clean ship and lots of room at the pool. Can't control possibility of quarantine but will wash hands well and often.

I appreciate this forum; thanks everyone.

• Like 5

We are set to sail on Bliss next month and intend on going. Even if it were next Sunday, we’d still be going.  This craziness has to stop! The media and these boards are consumed with this crap. Enough already. 

• Like 6

We are on Getaway sailing 22 March and definitely sailing - unless circumstances change and the cruise was cancelled.

I don’t understand the comments about “mass hysteria” - what I am hearing is very calm and measured cautions  - especially for those over 70 and with underlying health conditions. 
Being a little selfish - I am hoping that plenty of people do decide to cancel/defer and the ship is not full.

As per previous comments - my only concern is that someone does come down with the virus and we get quarantined.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, brownz said:

We are supposed to be on the Epic out of San Juan on Sunday. We're still planning to go. It's amazing how many people gasp when you tell them you're going on a cruise. 

We leave the 21st on the Escape and everybody that I've told that we're going on a cruise thinks we're nuts. A little extra hand washing and probably eat at the restaurants and not the buffet (because, welllllll…… people are pigs), and I'm sure we'll be fine.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2WisconsinCruisers said:

we are scheduled to leave on the Gem 3\16 to 3\26. we keep vacillating, go or not?  be safe or sorry?  everyone is asking and we have half the people saying to go, because it has not spread to the caribbean and the whole thing is overblown panic, created by the media. we also have friends on a hawaiian cruise as we speak, and others in the caribbean now. however, the state dept has issued a travel warning for cruises, especially for older Americans.  we are healthy, no underlying illness, but we are in our 70's.  one son says GO!  he just came back from the caribbean.  Other son is more cautious and worried about us getting sick.  I do not want to get sick!  We obviously have to make a final decision SOON, since we leave on 3\16.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bear Down said:

We leave the 21st on the Escape and everybody that I've told that we're going on a cruise thinks we're nuts. A little extra hand washing and probably eat at the restaurants and not the buffet (because, welllllll…… people are pigs), and I'm sure we'll be fine.

I heard that crew do the serving at the buffet now, so passengers aren't necessarily touching all the ladles and tongs etc. Anyone know if that's true?

1 minute ago, arlielam said:

I heard that crew do the serving at the buffet now, so passengers aren't necessarily touching all the ladles and tongs etc. Anyone know if that's true?

I've heard two different things. I've heard that the crew is serving but then I also read a post from someone that just got off the Escape that they served themselves. So, I'm not sure which one is actually true.

I work with someone that is leaving on Bliss on Sunday.  They are going and hoping to be upgraded to Haven LOL
I have Encore booked for August to Bermuda. If the ships are able to get to their ports and not being turned away, we are going.

I was just able, though, to have my TA include the $600 OBC for both Encore cabins we have booked that NCL is now offering.

My H4 was sold out and he was still able to apply and applied for my dd's Haven cabin too. 

I am not worried about the virus (I work in a college) but I also do not want to be stuck on the ship for weeks either.

I am just going to see how it plays out but will be making final payment next month.

We leave on April 5th out of Tampa and still plan to go.  DH and I are in our 40's, daughter is 11.  No health issues. Quarantine at the end of the cruise is the only thing that concerns us.  I think everyone needs to take a deep breath.  Just like avoiding any other illness, wash, wash, wash.  If I were in a high risk category I would not travel right now, but as far as controlling this virus, that "train" has left the station.  I would LOVE to know the math on this though.  How many cruises have already successfully sailed in 2020 and how many actually had an issue?  That number is fairy low for sure.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bear Down said:

Whilst I understand the comments about the buffet - I don’t see that as the biggest risk of exposure - if (god forbid) someone onboard has the virus. My understanding is that the vast majority of cases come from direct transmission - being close to someone contagious - so the higher risk places would be in one of the entertainment venues, or queuing in a corridor for a tender - or queuing for one of the restaurants, or sitting or queuing at a bar. 
I still see plenty people coughing and sneezing without covering their mouth - hopefully our fellow cruisers will have better etiquette.
As I said earlier - I am not over concerned about catching the virus - but let’s be straight - paranoia about the buffet is missing the point.

• Like 1