Who's keeping their March cruise?

We are on Getaway sailing 22 March and definitely sailing - unless circumstances change and the cruise was cancelled.
I don’t understand the comments about “mass hysteria” - what I am hearing is very calm and measured cautions  - especially for those over 70 and with underlying health conditions. 
Being a little selfish - I am hoping that plenty of people do decide to cancel/defer and the ship is not full.
As per previous comments - my only concern is that someone does come down with the virus and we get quarantined.

We have friends currently on the Getaway. She is a nurse and clean freak and has emailed that she is well pleased with onboard services. We sail in two weeks so we were glad to hear it.

76 past cruises
Upcoming:
NCL Getaway 3/29/2020
NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021
CCL Dream 5/16/2021

We are scheduled to go this coming wednesday on the Sky, but im not sure we are going to be able to go.

My wife is a florida school teacher, and some of the other florida counties announced today that if any employee goes to another country or on a cruise, they must self isolate for 14 days. and they won't pay, you have to use sick time (if you left prior to today, they would pay).

So without that much sick time, nor wanting to lose 2 weeks pay and miss school, we may be left with no choice.

Spring break starts tomorrow, so im watching to see what our county does.

cancelled my 1st cruise ( in 40yrs of cruising ). Over 70 and can get a doctors note , but 1 sneeze & cough from someone with a runny nose and the ship stays afloat somewhere at sea.

Off the record , have entertainer friends on an NCL right now , healthy & not allowed in the diningrooms or buffet. Now rumored , they might be sent home...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kramonas said:

We are scheduled to go this coming wednesday on the Sky, but im not sure we are going to be able to go.

My wife is a florida school teacher, and some of the other florida counties announced today that if any employee goes to another country or on a cruise, they must self isolate for 14 days. and they won't pay, you have to use sick time (if you left prior to today, they would pay).

So without that much sick time, nor wanting to lose 2 weeks pay and miss school, we may be left with no choice.

Spring break starts tomorrow, so im watching to see what our county does.

https://

komonews.com/news/nation-world/inslee-to-order-seattle-area-schools-shut-down-for-6-weeks-due-to-coronavirus

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We have friends currently on the Getaway. She is a nurse and clean freak and has emailed that she is well pleased with onboard services. We sail in two weeks so we were glad to hear it.

76 past cruises
Upcoming:
NCL Getaway 3/29/2020
NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021
CCL Dream 5/16/2021

It's all fun and games until it goes airborne.

With all the health officials around the world recommending to stay away from large crowds it seems reasonable that all cruises should be canceled for a period.  A cruise is absolutely the worst place to catch a virus.  

my concern is all the people that return from a cruise  and will not self isolate afterwards because they didn’t have any symptoms. Selfiish and not responsible.  

• Like 2

its official, the wife's school had a staff meeting at the end of the day and announced basically the same thing as those other districts.

If we go, she will have to self-isolate for 14 days using sick time (she doesnt have that much sick time).

So looks like ill be cancelling tomorrow.

The good news, school is out in 10 weeks, so maybe by then the deals will be even better.

11 hours ago, kramonas said:

its official, the wife's school had a staff meeting at the end of the day and announced basically the same thing as those other districts.

If we go, she will have to self-isolate for 14 days using sick time (she doesnt have that much sick time).

So looks like ill be cancelling tomorrow.

The good news, school is out in 10 weeks, so maybe by then the deals will be even better.

I’m a teacher too, and as of now our school hasn’t done anything of the sort. However, if they did I have plenty of sick days accrued to isolate for two weeks. I would most likely try to teach from home since our students are all issued laptops. 

Thanks Cruise Critic for publishing the cancellation of this (and all near future) NCLsailings.

I appreciate the fact that NCL couldn't be bothered informing passengers via email blast in a timely manner.

They can stick their future cruise credit in the smokestack.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DaveP75 said:

Thanks Cruise Critic for publishing the cancellation of this (and all near future) NCLsailings.

I appreciate the fact that NCL couldn't be bothered informing passengers via email blast in a timely manner.

They can stick their future cruise credit in the smokestack.

I was set to sail Sunday. I didn't get any notification from Norwegian until 11:30 pm last night and even then, it was just the same generic letter that is hidden on the NCL site, not specific to my sailing. Pretty sad considering we all knew by 4:00pm that the sailing was cancelled. Good thing we pay attention to CC! If not, I would have happily gone to bed last night thinking I was still sailing tomorrow.

I cancelled My 13 mar cruise on the sun as the dw didn’t want to chance it. I watched the port cam expecting to see it sail away. It didn’t. I called and cancelled last wednesday. Be interesting to see if I get the 125% or not as I asked for a fcc.