***CARNIVAL ITINERARY CHANGES, MISSED PORTS Thread***

Has anyone been on a carnival cruise and went to the Bahamas and then they wouldn’t let the passengers go ashore!  I’m getting ready to leave on Monday 

for a cruise and I don’t want to be stuck on the boat when we’re at the port 

It wouldn't make sense for the SHIP to go to a port if passengers aren't able to disembark.  The cruise line pays for the actual time the ship is in port, so if the port is closed due to weather or disease, you will be notified and either go to a different port or have another sea day.

It wouldn't make sense for the SHIP to go to a port if passengers aren't able to disembark.  The cruise line pays for the actual time the ship is in port, so if the port is closed due to weather or disease, you will be notified and either go to a different port or have another sea day.

That is not what happened in Grand Turk the other day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In an effort to keep this information in one place, please post questions and info re itinerary changes, specific ports missed and closed ports here. Random, short posts on new threads will be locked.  Thank you!!

• Like 2

I know that this cruise changed to a 6 day and dropped Mazatlan the stop.  Did they also reverse the itinerary....ie headed to PV first and then Cabo?  I noticed this morning that they sailed right past Cabo which I suspected was their first port.  A little paranoid being that we are sailing at the end of March

On Horizon now. The Captain notified us at muster that we’d be skipping Grand Turk because of their strengthened restrictions. Went to Nassau instead. I have a feeling itineraries that include Grand Turk, at least those in the near future, have a good chance of changing. 

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

On Horizon now. The Captain notified us at muster that we’d be skipping Grand Turk because of their strengthened restrictions. Went to Nassau instead. I have a feeling itineraries that include Grand Turk, at least those in the near future, have a good chance of changing. 

I totally agree. And I fear that as this pandemic deepens, many islands will follow suit. 

Pray for hot weather! 

25 minutes ago, marshalltp said:

I know that this cruise changed to a 6 day and dropped Mazatlan the stop.  Did they also reverse the itinerary....ie headed to PV first and then Cabo?  I noticed this morning that they sailed right past Cabo which I suspected was their first port.  A little paranoid being that we are sailing at the end of March

What are you paranoid of?

The itinerary changed due to being delayed by lab work on a guest that was almost twelve hours overdue making the Panorama leave almost a day late.

Thanks for the help.  My point was that I would not like to be floating at seas for 7 days and be denied port access.  The standard Panorama itinerary is Cabo-Mazatlan and the PV.  When they stopped at Cabo for an hour and left, there is reason to wonder about the nature of that event.

Turns out they off-loaded a medical (surgical) emergency, and had indeed reversed their itinerary.

• Like 1

There are more and more ports denying ships to dock at Caribbean ports.   Here are just some affecting Carnival:

Cayman Islands: On February 26, MSC Meraviglia was barred from entering the Cayman Islands; a scheduled by Carnival Freedom was also denied.

Jamaica: After delaying disembarkation to passengers from MSC Meraviglia on February 26, the island informed Carnival that two ships due to dock the first week of March -- Freedom and Horizon -- would not be allowed to disembark passengers. (Horizon rerouted to Amber Cove; Freedom rerouted to Key West.)

Puerto Rico: The government of Puerto Rico has ordered that any cruise ship entering Puerto Rico must certify that no person on board meets the criteria for the coronavirus. Ships that do not or cannot do so will be turned away.

Turks and Caicos: The port of Grand Turk refused to allow Carnival Magic to disembark its passengers on March 6, citing several passengers with cold and flu-like symptoms.

Dominican Republic:  On March 4, officials in Samana delayed clearance to Celebrity Equinox, despite no one on board having symptoms, the ship left the port. 

The complete list can be found here:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5097/