Bonnie - Has Azamara Changed their Cancellation Policy?..

ptrpanpens

Today my travel agent contacted Azamara to cancel a cruise I booked sailing on May 14, 2020. Until March 15, I am in the 50% cancellation window on this cruise. However, he told her that there had been a change in the cancellation policy effective today and that rather than 50%cash refund and 50% FCC, the entire amount would be refunded in FCC. I am beyond upset with this, especially since they arbitrarily changed the terms of the policy with no notice.

i requested that she elevate this to a higher authority at Azamara and rescind the cancellation if I would only get FCC, even cancelling within the 50% window, as I might as well wait until the last minute to cancel under these circumstances

Bonnie,, can you please check on this as soon as possible? Has anyone else cancelled a cruise today under similar circumstances and received only FCC rather than a combination of cash refund and FCC?

thank you

Edited by ptrpanpens

18 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

Today my travel agent contacted Azamara to cancel a cruise I booked sailing on May 14, 2020. Until March 15, I am in the 50% cancellation window on this cruise. However, he told her that there had been a change in the cancellation policy effective today and that rather than 50%cash refund and 50% FCC, the entire amount would be refunded in FCC. I am beyond upset with this, especially since they arbitrarily changed the terms of the policy with no notice.

I am in a similar 50% window and my agent yesterday said a 50% FCC and 50% cash and has been instructed to cancel.  I just checked the Azamara website and my cruise still shows.  I'll post if I hear anything useful.  It would make no sense to cancel now for a 100% FCC.   

8 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

I am in a similar 50% window and my agent yesterday said a 50% FCC and 50% cash and has been instructed to cancel.  I just checked the Azamara website and my cruise still shows.  I'll post if I hear anything useful.  It would make no sense to cancel now for a 100% FCC.   

i agree that it makes no sense to cancel now for only FCC and would not have done so had I known. However, my travel agent fought with them and was able to get me the 50/50 split. If I were you, I would contact your travel agent immediately to make sure you get the 50/50 split as my agent had told me the same thing before she called Azamara this morning and found out they had changed their policy. So make sure you get what you are expecting and dont wait to check.

Good luck

8 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

i agree that it makes no sense to cancel now for only FCC and would not have done so had I known. However, my travel agent fought with them and was able to get me the 50/50 split. If I were you, I would contact your travel agent immediately to make sure you get the 50/50 split as my agent had told me the same thing before she called Azamara this morning and found out they had changed their policy. So make sure you get what you are expecting and dont wait to check.

Good luck

Thanks.  I sent off an email.  It's impossible now to get through to this agency by phone. 

50 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

Hope you get a good outcome. Azamara really needs better communication.

Thought I would let you know that I heard from my agency and Azamara honored the 50/50 split.   Thanks again for the heads up.

We are booked on the Journey ,May 26 2020 Barcelona to Rome. I was looking at the terms and conditions of the Azamara new cancellation policy. It says even when using your FCC the guest is still reponsible for the deposit, taxes, port charges and gratuities? I thought gratuities were always included ?