Carnival Phones down all day 3/10/20

JulRPH

I have been trying to call Carnival since 8am.  The message says they are experiencing high call volume and they are having phone trouble.  They are working diligently to fix the problem.  How is anyone supposed to get information?  I cancelled online but they wiped my booking number and no confirmation email about refund.  Can anyone get on touch with Carnival today?  If so can you post a number or contact email.

3 minutes ago, JulRPH said:

I have been trying to call Carnival since 8am.  The message says they are experiencing high call volume and they are having phone trouble.  They are working diligently to fix the problem.  How is anyone supposed to get information?  I cancelled online but they wiped my booking number and no confirmation email about refund.  Can anyone get on touch with Carnival today?  If so can you post a number or contact email.

When was your cruise? Unless it was supposed to happen in the next couple of days, there is still time to wait for things to calm a little. What happens when you log back in to your account? No mention of the cruise that was canceled at all?

Our cruise is scheduled to leave this Monday and my husband's doctor is not recommending him go on the cruise at this time so I would like to cancel and take the future credit although I won't be able to rebook immediately.   I can't get ahold of anyone via phone either yesterday or today.   How did you do this online?  I know I have until 3 days before the cruise leaves but I am getting nervous

2 minutes ago, cf2222 said:

Our cruise is scheduled to leave this Monday and my husband's doctor is not recommending him go on the cruise at this time so I would like to cancel and take the future credit although I won't be able to rebook immediately.   I can't get ahold of anyone via phone either yesterday or today.   How did you do this online?  I know I have until 3 days before the cruise leaves but I am getting nervous

Instructions for on line cancellation are posted on another thread. I don't remember which one, but you could look at the other related threads.

5 minutes ago, cf2222 said:

Never mind. I found it for you. Click on the heading that starts sue2go.

Edited by amyotravel

Their site too. I posted a thread about not being about to log into their site and for some odd reason it says it was merged into another thread which has nothing to do with my blogging in question. 

Guess wouldnt get any help what's wrong or how to see vipf offers. Keeps asking no vipf # ?

As a telco person I can tell you that their phones aren't really 'down'.  However, there is a certain capacity at which all calling systems start to read that message.  Keep trying, perhaps at off hours like just before lunch or mid-afternoon Eastern or right around 5:30 Eastern when assuming everyone is leaving work.  It's tough with there being multiple timezones in play, I'm not sure if Carnival is 24 hours but you may also want to try at some crazy time like 4am if you can.

I’m sure Carnival is trying their best but trying to reach them and now you can’t get through.......extremely poor customer service. It doesn’t take a genius to know that exponential increase in calls were going to happen, they should have reacted accordingly.....added either additional numbers or operators. Have a cruise Saturday and can’t get through after 2 days. Not trying to cancel but my cruise info has disappeared from my booking, the whole booking is gone! 

How are they supposed to add additional operators in time?  You can't just go snatch people off the street and throw them in a chair.  In a couple of weeks, things will be better because they might indeed hire more people.  There are still 3 weeks to go before cancelling.  Honestly, if people would stop calling to make sure they are really getting OBC, or to make sure the email they got was true, or any other number of silly, easily looked up things, it would probably help.  

Personally, I wouldn't want to be working that call center for anything..I bet they are getting their butts kicked.  

• Like 4

I have a CFAR policy that DICTATES that my cruise be cancelled more than 48 hours out and the cruise is in 3 days.  I booked thru a T/A so the cancellation has to be done by them BUT they can't get through either.  I went ahead and emailed both Carnival and the Cruise Insurance as well to let them know I'm trying to cancel and meet my "deadlines" but my T/A can't get through to cancel.  Hopefully that works.  Will try again when my T/A office opens.  Cross fingers.

First thing......I don’t have 3 weeks....I have 3 days! 
Second, adding additional numbers and operators is actually quite easy. I was a Global Director at GM and during recalls and campaigns we often had such increased volume that we had to add additional operators. It can be set up in hours.......

Thirdly, I agree that people that have questions that can either wait or can find answers online would stop jamming up the lines, it would for sure make things better for the rest.

• Like 1

Not surprised at all. Ive been hearing horror stories about people calling for days. We are leaving on the Magic in 12 days and we don't plan on canceling...that being said if our sailing does it cancelled im just going to give it awhile before I even attempt to call. 

• Like 1

I got the same messages earlier today, I figured that would be the case. I emailed (as I usually do) my PVP around 1:30 this afternoon. In the subject line, I put my booking number and my last name. I told her what I was calling about and to call me when she can. She called me back around 3:30. She sounded exhausted, said they had been really slammed. She said she worked till after 11 last night returning phone calls.

im on Breeze March 21 sailing. Was checking Saturday to see if there were any rooms left, at that time I counted 10 or so. I looked this morning and there were over 200 rooms available, so lots of cancellations. I did manage to have her move us to a better cabin location.  Going to be a really busy time for them, so please try to keep that in mind.

Update: Another 20 dials, got through twice, both times I was magically connected to an employee hot line for hurricane Irma.....lol

Carnival’s phone system has gone from bad to horrible to laughable........

just a thought.....if Carnival’s new cancellation policy says you have up until 3 days to cancel, but you can’t reach them to do anything with your booking.........what then?

Edited by pzsdd6

I have 2 Carnival cruises booked. I've been trying to access my reservations on the website for 2 days and haven't been able to. I did notice the website will still let you book a reservation though. I've tried calling the 800 number and I get the same message. 

13 minutes ago, cruisinsusin74 said:

I have 2 Carnival cruises booked. I've been trying to access my reservations on the website for 2 days and haven't been able to. I did notice the website will still let you book a reservation though. I've tried calling the 800 number and I get the same message. 

Of course they will let you make new reservations.......that’s money for them. Trying to make a change or cancel costs them money.......so which do you think they will support the best.