Infinity Aft Balconies...Worth the Switch?

smogfarmgirl

Related but different from an earlier post I did...one of the A1 cabins at the aft with the bigger balconies just opened up, 1138. Some people have said they are amazing. I mean, being able to lounge on the balcony?! 

Here are my questions:

1) we are currently in 1119. Would 1138 be bumpier/extra engine noise, or are they both so far back it doesn’t matter? As it’s our first cruise I’m kinda nervous about motion. 

2) I’ve seen different opinions about noise from the bar and movie. Again, are these so much worse at the back that the larger balcony isn’t worth it? The review on the spreadsheet the person said it was so loud you couldn’t even have a conversation on the balcony...is that extreme?

82D01872-374D-466A-926C-A5A69F0FEFBF.jpeg

BEWARE: These are NOT the large balconies on the M-class ships that everyone talks about. These are the add-on balcony Aqua cabins that were added about 8 years ago. They actually have a smaller balcony than many of the ones to the sides of the ship. The staterooms you have heard about are usually Concierge on decks 7, 8 & 9. We have sailed in those many times and they are truly worth it. 

Jim

The plan looks like an M class ship. We have been in 1130 and 1140. 1140 is in the middle and has the longest balcony. However in 1130, we placed the table by the stairs and then you could lean over the balcony and put the glasses on the table, rather than having to open the door and walk along the corridor with them 😂
We have also been in 1132 - much smaller balcony.

One benefit to all of them is that the Sunset bar is just down the stairs, as is the buffet. Great rooms to grab food and drink and then enjoy on your balcony, especially the aft ones.

Downside - on the balcony you can hear the movies up above but volume does vary. You cannot hear them in the room though.

We sailed recently on the Infinity in 1133 and had no issues with noise from above or below.  If the balcony door was closed,we hardly heard anything even when there was a musician at the bar below.  We loved being a quick walk from the bar/buffet and not having a lot of traffic going by.  Our balcony was a little smaller than what 1138 has, but it was still large and we spent a lot more time on it than our neighbors seemed to.