Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Philandjulie

TA Getaway Leaving New York 23/4/20

We have been planning our holiday for over 15 months for husbands 60th. Flying from Australia to New York, doing TA to Rome on Getaway, then flying to Phuket via Singapore for 10 days then home. So many different travel restrictions for different countries, flights and hotels booked and trying to keep up with every country’s travel alerts is time consuming and difficult. Have been upgraded from balcony to Haven Penthouse so really looking forward to cruise. Probably never be able to do Haven again unless a lotto win is in the future👍

Booked everything ourselves without a travel agent so no backup/support there. Insurance will cover costs if cruise or flights cancelled but not before. Luckily we both have enough sick leave through work to cover any quarantine periods.  

BUT it is becoming stressful taking it all day by day and not knowing what to rebook/cancel at this stage. I can work remotely as long as I have laptop.

Assuming a lot of people in same position. Just having to take day by day for next 5.5 weeks. 

Hoping NCL will confirm if we are disembarking in France or Spain instead of Rome and then we could check flights from there and travel alerts back to Oz. 

How is everyone else dealing with last minute/government restrictions?

Take  care everyone and happy cruising whatever happens 😎

I'm also scheduled to sail in May and Rome and other Italian ports are on the schedule. Although difficult, I have done nothing at this point even though I don't plan on sailing. It is too early and the situation too fluid to try to guess and second guess what NCL might do. A lot may be out of their hands and driven by local ports which are also changing. if enough people cancel, it won't even make sense for NCL to operate either of our cruises.

Too many balls in the air right now to try to predict what may happen. Good discussion on here, but I'll figure out a plan a week before departure. By then my flight and cruise may be cancelled by the carrier,. Norwegian air is announcing the cancellation of more than 3,000 flights from March through summer. Delta has also pulled out of Rome through April.