Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jaymebs

Apex inaugural sailing

Recommended Posts

Apex is scheduled to Southampton roundtrip on April 1st, 5, 13 and 23. Do you believe Celebrity will cancel due to coronavirus?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re on the Apex May 10 Southampton to Barcelona sailing and can’t decide what to do. Still waiting and watching...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jaymebs said:

Apex is scheduled to Southampton roundtrip on April 1st, 5, 13 and 23. Do you believe Celebrity will cancel due to coronavirus?

 

A lot can change in 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, little britain said:

A lot can change in 3 weeks.

Do you have a casino near you where you can place a proposition bet?  Mediterranean odds seem to suggest Italy / Turkey / Russia - no, Spain - maybe, France - maybe, UK/Ireland/Scandanavia - probably yes.

Again these for a closure at any time. 

100% agree my crystal ball right now is only predicting yesterday. Today a bit hazy. Tomorrow is ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Mediterranean odds seem to suggest Italy / Turkey / Russia - no,

Wish Celebrity would confirm one way or another. I am getting daily updates on Italy. At the moment the Gov.UK advice is Tourism to Italy is not recommended.

Will they even send Silhouette over on her TA, as cruises to the Baltic account for a large % of the summer European cruises.

Edited by upwarduk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Wish Celebrity would confirm one way or another. I am getting daily updates on Italy. At the moment the Gov.UK advice is Tourism to Italy is not recommended.

Will they even send Silhouette over on her TA, as cruises to the Baltic account for a large % of the summer European cruises.

There's a lot of empty cabins on the TA. But I 'd bet that the decision to cancel will not be taken quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two pre inaugurals out of Southampton prior to the first cruise on April 1st. Both are two nighters and cruises to nowwhere.

 

steamboats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Cow! I just looked at the available cabins for the April 13 Apex sailing, and it looks like about 40% of the cabins are unsold. Suites and inside are mostly full, but vast availability in OV and all the balcony classes.

 

If the cruise goes ahead, and we decide to go on it, we will surely have our pick of seats wherever we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1st April sailing is to Belgium and the Netherlands, both low down in regards to the Coronavirus statistics, so hoping this sailing will go ahead 🤞.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, downsmead said:

The 1st April sailing is to Belgium and the Netherlands, both low down in regards to the Coronavirus statistics, so hoping this sailing will go ahead 🤞.

Im booked on that one saiiling... I don´t know what to do...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I´m booked on the APEX Inaugural April 1st and April 5....  Not sure what to do, only terrible news! Is it a good moment to cancel? I was really looking forward to this itinerary! But I´m not sure if I´m just being stubborn...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Do you have a casino near you where you can place a proposition bet?  Mediterranean odds seem to suggest Italy / Turkey / Russia - no, Spain - maybe, France - maybe, UK/Ireland/Scandanavia - probably yes.

Again these for a closure at any time. 

100% agree my crystal ball right now is only predicting yesterday. Today a bit hazy. Tomorrow is ???

We're booked for an NCL cruise out of Barcelona with 3 Italian ports, 2 French and 1 other Spanish.  Due to fly into Barcelona on April 29.  At the rate Spain is blowing up with new cases, it's not looking good for us.   This whole situation is so disappointing for all of us looking forward to a vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traveler - are you in the UK?

We are relatively ‘happy’ about this cruise as it is a round trip UK. However we are in two minds about our cruise later in April from a Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot can happen in a few weeks, but I have not seen any progress updates on the Apex. It should just about be complete, right? I’m not sailing until June, but I’m dying to see some shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, downsmead said:

Traveler - are you in the UK?

We are relatively ‘happy’ about this cruise as it is a round trip UK. However we are in two minds about our cruise later in April from a Miami.

No, I´m traveling from Mexico! I´m a Travel Agent, mostly sell cruises!   I really don´t know what to do... How are the thing looking in England? in terms of restrictions... Just asking because I think that what you see on the news  is the most dramatic situation and even though I think this is a terrible situation, just want to see how it really is there! I´m still deciding if I make the trip or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly different angle if it doesn’t sail what happens. Can’t stay docked in Southampton, berth will be booked for other ships and it’s expensive think city centre parking!!,

could bob around in the channel or moor off the Isle of Wight but this costs, fuel, staff etc. So may as well have passengers on board drinking etc ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

A lot can happen in a few weeks, but I have not seen any progress updates on the Apex. It should just about be complete, right? I’m not sailing until June, but I’m dying to see some shots.

She is ready!!! one week away!  I think everything will be better in the summer! I REALLY HOPE! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sotong said:

Slightly different angle if it doesn’t sail what happens. Can’t stay docked in Southampton, berth will be booked for other ships and it’s expensive think city centre parking!!,

could bob around in the channel or moor off the Isle of Wight but this costs, fuel, staff etc. So may as well have passengers on board drinking etc ! 

That´s why I think she will sail... (I think that for full cancel you need something big, like the Princess Ships)The thing is that if this keeps growing, the itinerary might change... For example, the stops in Spain and Paris, Many cases there, and that opens the possibility of someone getting the virus and going onboard! (Don´t get me wrong, can happen to any cruise ship, I´m just stressed about my cruise in particular 😞)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scorfman said:

I'm on the Apex May 3rd Fjords. Two ports on that itinerary just announced they won't let passengers off ships, Bergen and Stavanger.

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2020/03/11/cruise-ship-passengers-banned-from-bergen-as-coronavirus-cases-rise-in-norway/#4beb89b348a5

That´s what I´m afraid will happen for many Europe ports... Are you changing your cruise? or wait to see how it develops... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Yes but still two months to go...

Yup. I'm not one to fret until there is something to fret about. A ride on the fresh new Apex will be great regardless. If it goes, and we can go, we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled my MoveUp bids for the May 3 cruise as a precaution, but don't plan on cancelling the cruise until they cancel for me.  At this point though, I'm not expecting to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...